Barlow out of the running as rotation cut to 2 backs. - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hydro51, Nov 30, 2006.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Finally!

I was starting to think that Barlow had naked pictures of Mangini. I could go my whole life without seeing those.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I was a huge Lamont fan as well. We just couldn't afford him, but it can also be said that Herm never gave the guy much non-monetary incentive to stay here anyway... no love... second-class citizen... 3 carries per game...etc., etc, even though the guy was averaging over 5 yards per carry at the time.

I haven't followed his stats with Oakland but I don't think he's doing well. Still, we shouldn't rule out Tangini reaching out for him if Jordan gets tired of losing out in CA. Or maybe we should just start fresh with the draft in April... there should be some decent talent there and we always have that Redskins 2nd-round pick to work with too!

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Barlow not that good? 71 Fantasy points says your wrong! :lol:

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Cedric's 11 carries for 13 yds last week were VERY impressive, i have to agree. Thank god Barlow is gone. :rolleyes:

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

or we could be honest and blame Brick since Super Mario singlehandedly dominated him with an inside move

6. baamf

baamf Active Member

Yes he did, but when I watched the replay Barlow gave up on his block and his man had Chad around the legs so he couldn't step up out of the pressure. A guy on JI put the file on line, I'll see if I can find the link...

7. baamf

baamf Active Member

Okay, here it is.

http://media.putfile.com/Pennington-gets-hit-and-gets-back-up

Great little vid put together by joshsports10 on JI....

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ill have to look at it later cause my work computer is buffering very slow right now.

I played OL, and I'd feel responsible if I was Brick. it wa shis man who made the sack.

and if anything If Chad's legs were wrapped up before Mario came, he shouldve then threw the ball away and waited too long letting Mario actually get to him.

thats just my guess. I'm sure Barlow missed a block which immobilized Penny and henceforth he was sacked.

but I dont believe that constitutes anything of bad play on Barlows part. Barlow hasnt been superb but hes been dependable for short yardage. and he looks like a man posessed in the red zone. not to mention our run blocking is so so. decent right now. Houston isnt leaps and bounds above him,and sat for a month. So if Barlow is out of the picture from here on out I'd be surprised.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Holy Cow, Baamf, this has to be one of the best "Okay, if you don't believe me, I'll back up my post with this video" posts I've ever seen!

Here I thought it was all Ferguson giving it up on Chad and you can clearly see that it was Barlow getting Chad pinned into that situation.

Anyway... EXCELLENT video find, dude!

10. Section 227. Row 5

Barlow appears to lay down (almost fall down) or intentionally drop low to block his knees rather than taking him on squarely and giving Penny the extra split-second he needs.

If Mangini has seen this video (and he probably has), it may be the contributing factor for Barlow being out of rotation.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Notice how this post gets ignored. Look Barlow has done a decent job as a Jet. I still think he'll be a goaline runner but who knows. I do like the idea of Leon being the change-of-pace back...

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

Yeah, check out the video and you'll see what I mean. I totally agree with your assessment in bold above, I'm just trying to figure out a reason for this curious move....

13. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Face it, having Curtis for all these years spoiled the hell out of us JETS fans. We had the best and that's hard to replace. :sad:

I miss you #28

14. greenteam

greenteam New Member

prays the lord i was screaming at my tv this past weekend to bench his azz..it looks like he runs in quick sand..

15. greenteam

greenteam New Member

yes that what iam saying he gets touched and just falls

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I dont know if Im ready to completely write off barlow. And Im not sure Mangini is either. Im not completely sold that houston can do the job and if he doesnt I think its more than possible we see barlow in the redzone again this year. Either way, I dont think we're talking about hall of famers here

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the thing i like about houston is that he delivers blows to tacklers. he punishes DBs and breaks tackles. the only time i have seen barlow do that is on the goal line. and in the second NE game. otherwise he has gone down pretty easily. houston, on the other hand, is not a fun tackle.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know what it is with Barlow, but it's almost as if he doesn't keep his feet moving enough or high enough. He "bogs down" easily in traffic, as if once a defender gets one hand on his ankle, he's done. He rarely breaks through the first line because of this. Houston does a better job of keeping his knees pumping and he hits the hole at a pretty good speed too, which is sometimes half the battle because you only have nannoseconds to take advantage of the window.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Then there were two mediocre Rbs...

20. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Great example of this in the Chicago game. I think it was a 1st down run from about the 9 and he made a move and looked like he was going in for the TD only to be tackled by his shoestrings by a guy that was on the ground.