Secret Jets 7 round Mock v2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SecretConnection, Apr 11, 2018.

1. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Back at it !!! Enjoy and shhhhhhh it’s a secret

Rd 1- Pick # 3- Sam Darnold QB USC
    We get very lucky in this scenario as the #1 QB falls into our lap. Browns go Josh Allen, Bills frantically try to trade up but can’t get it done! Giants select Barkley or Chubb. I love Darnold and think he’s the closest thing to a “ sure thing” as far as QBs go in this draft. High ceiling could be one of the greats.

Rd 3- Pick # 72- Da’shawn Hand DE Alabama
    5-tech 3-4 defensive end, Fills a huge hole. Will be very good against the run at the next level, great at setting the edge. Not going to get lots of sacks but can get some pressure on the QB from time to time. Our run D is going to be really good.

Rd 4- Pick #107- Joseph NoteBoom OT TCU
    Good pass blocker which we will need protecting our young arm of the future. I feel he will work well with our scheme. I really personally don’t think Shell is the answer at RT, time to get someone in to compete with him at least.

Rd 5- Pick #157- Kylie Fitts OLB/DE Utah
    Much needed pass rusher added. Very injury prone in college but showed great flashes. Good against the run and at getting after the QB. Will start contributing for us instantly as a situational pass rusher and special teams guy.

Rd 6- Pick # 179 Maea Teuhema OG Southeastern Louisiana
    Carpenter will need to be replaced at some point in the near future. Teuhema started for LSU before leaving the team due to academic issues. He’s a jack of all trades, started at RT and guard for LSU, then LT for Southeastern Louisana. If his issues are behind him he will be an asset to whoever drafts him.

Rd 7- Pick #235 Avonte Maddux CB Pittsburgh
    We need to try to find a gem at CB this year. Skirne hasn’t impressed as of late and Burris is bordering on bum status to me. We roll the dice here and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. Maddux is greasy quick 4.39 40 at the combine, he’s extremely raw and will need lots of work. Could turn into a nice piece for Bowles to use in many different ways.

UDFA
    Sione Teuhema DE/OLB Southeastern Louisiana
    Bring him in for a look and to help his brother get used to his new surroundings. Also had issues at LSU similar to his brother.

Brett Toth OG Army
    Must secure his rights if he doesn’t get drafted due to not being able to play in the NFL until 2020 due to Army service. He will be a back up Oline man in this league at worst. Not sure how contract rights would work with the 2 year wait, if he must be drafted to secure his services I’m good with it in the 7th.

Thanks for reading guys! This one took lots more research than the last version. We will do 1 or 2 more, one of which will be the wild scenario where we do not take a QB at 3 :)

#1 SecretConnection, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hey why not..interesting read

Sorry but not looking at your mock where there is no QB at 3 ..lol

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

A before, not a fan of your choices. I think that someone needs to tell your wife that you're back looking at NFL prospects again! What is her email address? ;):p:D

SecretConnection likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Darnold at 3 is best case scenario, but I think the giants are taking him if the browns don’t. Rosen then Allen are our best case scenarios.
    Rest of the mock looks good.

SecretConnection likes this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine us getting Darnold but I guess anything can happen

6. SecretConnection

Trying to keep the mocks fresh, different situations. See version 1.0 my pick Josh Allen, who I think is the guy that will more than likely be available for us at 3. My personal preference is Sam Darnold plan A, Josh Allen plan B.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    Yea, that’s what a lot of people are afraid of

8. Rockinz

Darnold is boom or bust. When he’s making plays and in a rythem he’s awesome. When he’s sloppy and fumbling all over the place it’s worse than Sanchez... if it came down to Darnold or Rosen I might be leaning Rosen tbh and I’m not HUGE on Rosen just because his injuries are something that can’t be ignored but there is no doubt he can play

I rank the QBs

Allen

Rosen
    Darnold

Jackson
    Mayfield

Rudolph

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Nobody's more boom or bust than Allen, but you'll never agree with your Allen Fanboy glasses on. :p:D

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Rockinz

I agree actually. Allen is boom or bust for sure too. I think in Cleveland he could easily bust with no offencive line and mentally coming off a 0-16 season isn’t easy...

This ENTIRE QB class is boom or bust. Not one guy is a sure thing. All of them have qualities that could get them to elite status and they all have qualities that can make them the next big bust. Cleveland also has a lot to do with it, whoever goes there is fucked.

11. SecretConnection

Darnold is the surest shot in my mind. Yes sloppy at times but that can be fixed with some hard work and growth.

Personally my rankings

100 pt must scale

Darnold 55
    Allen 43
    Rosen 2
    Mayfield 0

If Darnold and Allen are gone I’m for going in another direction over Rosen. Barkley, Chubb, or move back; hell even Nelson. Suckering the Bills into mortgaging away their future with either joker ( Rosen or Mayfield) Would be epic.

12. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

From an ability to start from day one standpoint...Mayfield and Rosen are clearly NFL ready to start day one with Darnold number 3. All these QBs are not sure things but put helmets on these guys and a defense on the field, and my top 3 are clearly the best 3. From there I have Lamar Jackson at 4 and Josh Allen at number 5. From a tape standpoint, Josh Allen is just terrible. Outside from him playing his best games against lower tier schools like UNLV and Garder-Webb and his last career game against Central Michigan, all his games have been average to below average against other schools. Take away his cannon and Allen is not even in the discussion because he is clearly the biggest project available (BPA) not the best player available IMHO just like if Baker was two inches taller he would be the number one QB instead of a consensus top 3 QB.

My biggest takeaway is if you ask all five guys to throw the ball thirty plus times like they did in college and most NFL franchises will, it will be Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold at the top.