Josh Allen's Pro Day....for the haters and supporters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Over 60% also usually means you aren't good enough to succeed in the NFL. I agree Allen has a ton of questions and shouldn't be a top 5 pick. However the same can be said that Mayfield shouldn't be a top 5 pick based on measurables. The reality there are 3 QB's who played in the Pac 12. Falk, based on completion percentage, isn't even in the argument as a 1st round pick. If Completion percentage against similar competition really mattered, he should be the conversation. Clearly NFL success at least based on professional opinion is based on measurables first than performance. A guy like Mayfield and Falk based on measurables are thrown out of the equation as top 5 picks. Now we go to performance, smarts, etc. So on measurable Allen is clearly the No. 1 pick, however performance knocks him down. We are picking 3rd, he has to be considered. Mayfield and Falk shouldn't be considered at 3. Where does Mayfield move up to? Normally I would say he moves from the 3rd or 4th round into the 2nd. I suspect he is going to go higher. That doesn't mean he should.

GQMartin likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How far do you think Jackson falls? I'll go on record and say he's not my top choice, but him plus 3 second rounders (or different player at 6 and using those picks to get back into the first to grab him would be tough to top.

FJF likes this.
  3. thedrjay

thedrjay Active Member

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/list...statistically-superior/6-josh-allen-wyoming-7

There are plenty of things to like about Josh Allen. It's hard to teach a guy how to throw a football 66.14 miles per hour. And there are certainly advantages to being a large human being. Those advantages just didn't translate into much on the field this year.

Among players in this class, Allen is last in every category except for games played. There, he is instead tied for last with Darnold.

Let's do the same here with Allen.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I got 15 to the Cardinals. I would've preferred we keep all of our picks and just take him and build the roster. However, if the Jets get Rosen, I'll feel a lot better about the trade-up.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

teams looking to take a QB for sure
    Browns
    Jets
    Bills

Teams that could take a QB
    Cardinals
    Saints
    Steelers
    Dolphins
    Giants
    Broncos

The steelers are the last team to pick form those lists I do think 5 or 6 Qbs go in the first (rosen, allen, darnold, mayfield, jackson, possibly rudolph) I think jackson would be the last of the top 5 to go, so lowest being around 28 but could go sooner

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think the Jets take Rosen and move on with their lives.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Still wouldn't want him in any round. 6 INT's in that league would be magnified in the pro's. Every team has at least one very good CB. Those wuss throws that Allen made would be taken to the house weekly.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

On the surface 6 Int’s seems fine until you realize how little they had Allen throw the ball this past year. His int’s went from 15 to 6 so pretty good, but his tds went from 28 to 16... and his completion percentage stayed around the same, so hard to say he got better, which is troubling.

boozer32, nicg4360 and Noam like this.
  10. SoylentGreen

Instead of looking at college, the Jets should look to minor league baseball to find their next QB.

Before anyone takes me serious... I'm kidding.

boozer32 and Walt White like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think he gets past Arizona.

12. I like Jackson alot too. Not sure he's the QB for Todd Bowles or worthy of top 5 but certainly top 15 & would've been a consideration had the Jets stayed at 6 & the other 4 were off the board...

Just like the rest of these QB's you have to have conviction for him. Considering how many teams reportedly will only consider him at WR tells you all you need to know rightly or wrongly.

boozer32, FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  13. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I think some of the haters should understand that Allen didn’t play with quality wide receivers...if looking at tape of his wideouts they ran bad routes or couldn’t get open that made him hold the ball longer than he should of.....I like josh because of his upside ,work ethic,and attitude ...he won’t be ready week 1 he’ll Need to sit and learn behind McCown ...... he could be cam newton without the attitude and tacky clothes

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eh Macs gonna get himself fired for trading up for Mayfield but thats not worth the conversation just yet.

I just hope the Dolphins or Bills don't get LJ. Only close-minded fools would put him at WR. Its really not hard to develop an offense around him while he continues to work on his base in terms of throwing the football.

Kris 15 and FJF like this.
  15. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

This isn't baseball. You use stats to confirm what you see on tape, not the other way around.

16. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Agreed that Jackson is being severely underrated. He's a legit QB prospect and he's going to be good if he keeps developing the way he has developed every year in college.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We all know why Jackson is being underrated. Same shit has been going on for decades without let up. I really hope some team takes a flyer on Jackson if for no other reason, to show some courage and fight the entrenched bias.

18. SoylentGreen

You actually look at it both ways.
    Full disclosure, I stole what I said from an NFL scout. :)

19. SoylentGreen

To be fair, he might be a nightmare matchup problem but name another running qb who has withstood today’s NFL over the long haul. If Jackson could throw as well as Jameis Winston, he’d be one of the first off the board.

Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

FREE THE SKINNY LEGGED SCRAMBLING GUYS!

;)

FJF and Cman68 like this.