Rumors about the third pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Mar 20, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Cause you said most RB that won the Heisman like Ricky Williams were bust. Your post below.

even that's not a given. reggie bush didn't turn out to be much at all. neither is derrick henry, ron dayne was a huge bust as was salaam. The last time a hiesman winning RB was really a beast in the NFL was 1988 winner barry sanders. although a couple others have had decent sucess like ingram, george, ricky williams (he could have been a stud if not for the weed). that's ever RB who won the hiesman in the past 30 years

busts dayne, salaam
    decent henry, bush
    good ingram, george, williams
    excellent sanders

8 winners, 2 busts, 2 decent, 3 good, 1 HOFer

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He is practising hard in these, still a little wobbly but he is getting there...

[​IMG] :D

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jet fans on a Jet message board "talking football" around THE question of the off-season .....and then there's "so-above-it-all" Ralebird needing to deride the little people...the unwashed masses...

Go shit in your hat Big Blocker 2.0

Red Menace, xxedge72x and abyzmul like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better now, sonny.

It's not about "talking football," it's about everybody being so goddam sure that they are the only ones who have a viable opinion. It's all about everyone who is so egotistical to believe that their opinion is the only one worth being heard. It's about everybody here who is positive they can predict the future. It's about none of those guys who ever reappear with a "mea culpa," never show an ounce of humility but start in again without ever acknowledging they got it all wrong.

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

More like v.025

joe likes this.
  6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I still think we end up with Allen or Rosen. If the Giants take Barkley at #2 or the Browns take Allen at #1, we get Rosen. Otherwise, it's Allen. I don't buy that we'd draft Mayfield over either of those two guys and Darnold will be gone.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Everything is white noise not above it all but, If anyone thinks every article has legitimacy is questionable

8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Rosen is by far the most ready to pls today.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..

My Dad used to tell me "there is only one thing BAD about a sure thing.....it's uncertainty"

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In terms of not having major fundamentals issues to work on and having played in an NFL-style offense, yes. In terms of studying film, working hard, and listening to his coaches, perhaps not.

He is definitely third for me now, and in danger of slipping to 4th.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Cleveland could get Darnold AND Barkley, but not how you think. Here's another path (one I would take if I ran the Browns):

Cleveland takes Barkley #1.

With Barkely off the board, Giants prefer Josh Rosen #2.

Jets prefer Josh Allen #3.

Cleveland follows up their Barkley pick with Darnold at #4.

Extra: Bills trade up to #5 for 5'-7" Baker Mayfield with dreams of Doug Flutie in their heads.

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

I like the way you think, Cleveland want a QB and Barkley out of this draft now they will be forced to deal with either the Giants or us to make that a possibility. So let's say the Giants take Chubb we could have the Brown by the balls so they have to swap picks with us, I could see Cleveland giving us a second rounder to make that happen. All this is moot if the Giants draft Barkley or the Browns draft Barkley at 1

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Excellent reference to the difference between P(A|B) and P(B|A) (if you change your second sentence to "It isn't necessarily true that ...")! Your statistics professor would be proud. :)

If we accept the aforementioned number that about 2/3 of the successful quarterbacks in the NFL come from a pro-style offense, however, the only way that that doesn't imply that it is more likely that a QB from a pro-style offense will be successful is if more than 2/3 of colleges with NFL-draftable QBs run a pro-style offense, and that doesn't seem likely (obviously the vast majority of colleges don't run a pro-style offense, but they don't have NFL-caliber QBs, so that's irrelevant).

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Or the Giants trade the second pick for a Kings random.

#374 LAJet, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Or if pro-style QBs used to be more likely to succeed in the NFL, and some of the current starting QBs were drafted back then. Good young QBs on the other hand are not more likely to have played in a pro-style offense.

16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think this is what’s going to happen.. either with Denver the Bills or a long shot team like the cardinals.

17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I bet Elway is in love with Allen. He fits the mould of QBs he loves perfectly and he played at a high altitude at Wyoming.

My bet it Elway moves up to 2 by giving the Giants #5 + 2nd 2018 + 1st 2019

Giants take Cubb or Nelson at 5

Jets draft Rosen

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

All I'm saying is this. If Barkley is there @ #3 you pull the trigger and draft the best overall player. Which is Barkley. Who's so rare he's deserving of the #1 overall pick.

1.) CLE: Darnold.
    2.) NYG: Rosen.

If this were to happen. Why would you draft either Allen/Mayfield at 3 ala the 3rd/4th rated QB's before taking the BEST player out of the draft in Saquan Barkley.

To me.

It makes ZERO sense to pass on Barkley if both Darnold & Rosen go 1-2.

So you settle for the 3rd or 4th best QB @ 3rd overall?

Rather than drafting an instant Playmaker, Offensive franchise/culture changer and #1 overall draft talent in Barkley at #3?

Insane.

If Darnold or Rosen are both gone 1st & 2nd... Barkley better become a Jet.

K'OB likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only way this could happen - SHOULD happen - is if Macc believes there's a QB he can get with his 2nd pick, or there's a QB he thinks he can get next year that can be the FQB. He MUST get a FQB or go down in flames trying.

This isn't the Giants, or some other team that has had a FQB in recent memory, this is the Jets who haven't had one since O'Brien (and ultimately maybe he wasn't really a FQB since he didn't win the Big One). That's way too long to wait. Macc won't have a 3 year window to get his QB, that's why he traded up to #3 once he knew he wasn't getting Cousins. I agree that Barkley is a generational talent, but he can't carry a team all by himself - no RB since Jim Brown has done that, and in a league geared towards passing and QBs that's not going to change.

20. abc

abc Well-Known Member

My Preferred Scenario...

1-Browns- Darnold

2- Giants- Rosen

3- Jets- MAYFIELD

NCJetsfan and phubbadaman like this.