Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You won this one Jonnnyd!!!! Happy for you. The numbers is L.I. make sense because that banding was incredible...if it were a January snowstorm they would have ended up with over 2 feet.

Interesting storm...put it in the memory banks for next year late February and on.

Long term begins to look good. If you go by me, we are not going to hit 70 until next Wednesday but it looks like the warm temps keep crawling north...and if that's the case the ole saying march comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb will come true. We can put this winter behind us. Not buying any storms for this weekend or next week but will keep an eye out.

Hurricane season is right around the bend for us down here...and have a feeling this will be an interesting summer and fall for that potential on the east coast.

ENJOY THE WIN JONNNY!!!

CBG and jonnyd like this.
  3. jaywayne12

AND just took a quick look at what do I see....Easter Sunday????????????????

You guys need to move down south. Not buying it but the GFS is hinting. Rain storm I think.

4. jaywayne12

Hmmm....he could be right but he is one stubborn SOB. I doubt this.

CBG likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

and Just like that, everything that fell and the stuff that was already there is all gone. 1 good 50f afternoon in March is all it takes

RPOZ51, CBG, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

47.3F here. Bright and sunny. Snow on a serious meltdown.

RPOZ51, CBG, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay -----he has been good in the past but he was wrong about # 3 and he blew yesterday big time ----> if he posted on here Jonny would of had a stroke as he was a non believer in yesterday and would have posted we were not getting anything,,,lol

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

" Hello everyone my name is Brook and I blame CBG for everything , also find goats attractive and whenever I can I harass Mickey DEE employees " in all seriousness Brook if that guy keeps charging you crazy amounts to clear your driveway either find another kid or buy some eggs with his houses name on them !!!!

Brook! likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

$60 bucks isn’t bad at all for shoveling a driveway, a plow service would nail him for that every 3” . This storm would have cost him $200

Brook! and CBG like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bunch of geezers here.

I shoveled the place like a man last week (and have been sidelined with severe tendonitis in my wrist ever since.)

I'm going to get a snowblower. It's better than being a proud cripple.

Brook!, RPOZ51, CBG and 1 other person like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay I hear you but maybe I am mistaken,,,Hey Brook I thought that you had told us that it was not a big area that you needed shoveled but that you had back issues ? PS FYI before I messed up my shoulder I would take care of myself and 3 neighbors EVERY damn storm ,,, no charge , now my kids do it for them when needed for nothing but they always throw my kids something, one guy gets them fireworks each year but I stray lol

12. jaywayne12

Extremely intelligent guy when it comes to details but he kills himself often with stubbornness. I rarely listen to what he is thinking...only because if people go against what he thinks, he will stick with on spite. So many weather people do that....its insane. If what is coming 24 hours before changes dramatically for what you have stated...who gives a crap. Be as honest as whats in your heart and sometimes there is nothing wrong with saying....really tough call for a certain area instead of dying with it.

Had a friend who would love to bust me and say only weather people can be right half the time and get away with it. Problem is that I have met not one person who reads MOST storms correctly. I have enough misses to fill an arena. But I am never going to stick with something out of fear of being wrong or ridiculed.

Anyway.....there are some really decent guys in the forums at accuweather. Some terrible ones too. The good ones move with the times.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay which site is that , is it accueweather.com ?????? I will check it out if so , let me know. I am not saying he does not know his stuff but I hear what you are saying about him not budging. There are many good / knowledgeable guys out there,Fjay and myself like Bernie Rayno a lot ! ps I am not just saying this and I know you are content by the ocean and with life but you should really rethink putting up your site brother you are excellent at this stuff and should freaking teach it in SC or wherever. In other news the weekend does not appear to be much of anything right now but with this crazy winter who knows ---BUT BUT BUT-----after the weekend it appears to warm up for a short while and everyone from Brook , Cman,to Jonny should be very content BUT BUT BUT damn if the long range guidance is correct , as of now it says that the blocking up North will be there once again and as crazy as this sounds if this is the case we could get Snow around Easter or a week or 2 after,,,,just nuts = don't hate the messenger

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey C

Yeah my driveway isn't that big. It is between 350 to 400 sqft. I don't know if you call this big. But $60 is probably a fair amount. So when you help your neighbors you don't charge anything right? We need a few neighbors like you here in Madison my friend. :)

CBG likes this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

You are the super star of the month. We truly appreciate all your insights. I am happy that winter is almost over. But I would hate to see you go as well. This is an exciting off season for Jets fans. Hang around please. :)

FJF and CBG like this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

What happened to jaywayne 12 Rangers fan?

17. jaywayne12

Hey MR! Still a Ranger fan and a bit sickened with this season...but in the long run good moves. I will be popping in over the summer there..promise!! I do read your stuff and its always great.

matt robinson 17 and Brook! like this.
  18. jaywayne12

That's really nice to hear Brook. I really do miss it here....so much. Will be hanging around more...that's a promise.

matt robinson 17 and Brook! like this.
  19. jaywayne12

Google accuweather forums....I thought you knew about this site! They have a thread for every incoming storm. I like to use it for maps etc. Some really good guys on the site and some lunatics but such is life.

Heres a tip...always read what others are thinking. It rarely plays as your thoughts...but it helps you get other ideas...and many times when I'm reading others thoughts a thought will go off in my head. I like to listen to what others are thinking about what I just saw on a model run...its good stuff.

Much tougher doing it from a distance. I always loved a few days before a storm, going outside...you just get a feeling...after tracking so many storms the one thing that never changes is what it feels like before a storm.

I'm sure that sounds retarded...but for some reason its always helped me and I have really no idea why that is.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

that forecast looks like it was drawn in crayon