Now the Jets must convince Cleveland to trade up from 4th to 3rd to obtain a second round pick.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Mar 19, 2018.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is the guy who drafted Hackenberg in round 2 a guy who has never seen the field and never will.Why people think Mac knows what hes doing I will never understand.The Hack pick tells me all I need to know about this guy.I don't trust Macs instincts and judgement ...he also gave Wilk a massive contract and traded Sheldon and let Snacks walk to the Giants.This guy is retarded he also paid Fitz what 20 million?for 1 year?He also gave a washed up Revis a massive deal.He drafted Leonard Williams who is fastly becoming the biggest bust since Vernon Gholston.Now he trades 3 second round picks to move up 3 spots...It's arguably the worst trade in NFL history.

#21 LongIslandBlitz, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    boozer32 and JetBlue like this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's Cleveland...so it's worth a try.

Aero likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They could pull it off if Allen is the Jets guy (vomit). They could get an extra pick and still take Allen at 4. But there would have to be someone else that wants Barkley to sell it to the Browns. Browns get Darnold and Barkely and the Jets get another 50 years of dysfunction.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nailed it. Expecting Macc to get it right now is risky. Johnson & Johnson should have sent him and Bowles packing after last season.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

These might be worse.

To move from No. 8 to No. 2 overall the Eagles offered up a first-, third- and a fourth-round pick in 2016, a first-round pick in '17 and a second-round pick in '18 in exchange for the rights to Wentz and a '17 fourth-rounder.

Washington sent 3 1s and a 2 to the Rams to take RG3.

This deal may be one of the best ever if the Jets manage to pick the right guy and now there is where the problem lies.

NJJets20 likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jets are picking a QB that's it, there's nothing left on the table. No more moves, no slight of hand, no trading back, let's just hope he selects the right QB.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I belive its more important to trade up to 2 then to trade down to 4 there is only two QBs worth the pick imo

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Not understanding the point of this... or how we can convince a team to trade with another team, yet we have nothing to do with the trade lol. It's the smoke screen season... it would be obvious that that's what we're doing.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If anything... we can trade down NEXT year and get our 2nd round pick back.

we'll also have 100+M In cap space so next offseason will be another great opportunity to build!

Red Menace likes this.
  10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Gotcha. So trade back to 4 then let the browns bid away the pick to buffalo. Makes sense good plan.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

hahaha. awesome!

12. stinkyB

Please reread Abyzmul's post..... we got this!

13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

No. Cuz we will fuck around and do this, and then the Bills will give up their whole draft to get to number 3. Then what?

14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think Cleveland will trade with the Giants and take Barkely. That being said if we could move back one spot and get a second in return or there eary 3rd I'd do it barring the qb is there for us. I think it's wishful thinking. I think if Cleveland trades it'll be with the Giants. Then the Giants can still get a huge package from Buffalo for the qb that falls out of the top 3. Or the Giants take their qb. April 26th is going to be a fun night. It's my sons 3rd birthday. Would've love to have been at Metlife for this.

15. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

why the hell would Cleveland do such a stupid thing. fake news

16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you but the NFL is weird and if someone is on board and you want them you'll do anything to get them. Add in Cleveland has so many picks to trade a third to the Jets won't hurt them. Probably not going to happen but just look at what Chicago gave up to the 9ers for one spot and Trublisky (spelling).

17. stinkyB

Well if CLE and NYG both take QBs, it wouldnt be too crazy to see them swap picks ensuring CLE gets Barkley too.... if you were guaranteed that they wouldnt swindle you and trade that #3 to someone else wanting a QB, and that's why it wouldnt happen

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If you look at the Eagles trade two years ago it's better than the Jets trade. The Eagles moved twice as many spots to pick up a QB (Wentz) that had less questions than the likely QB that the Jets will pick (?) and the charts say that the Eagles gave less to do it. While the chart is not law (obviously), its a decent measuring stick. You can mock the chart if you want, but the value between these two years aren't really close at all.

I agree that the Redskins got the short end of the stick when they gave up two future fist round picks and a current second round pick in 2012 to move from #6 to #2 to pick RGIII.

I just hope that the Jets pick the right guy. Them doing doing so will mitigate the pain of giving away the extra draft choices.

19. stinkyB

Chart is a little outdated with new rookie salary rules. First round picks have more value now imo because they're no longer guaranteed a kings randsom

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Browns might trade up to 2 with Jints to take Barkley and Jints take guard at 4. That's all I can see happening 1-4