Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just a thought, still it does fuck the browns a little more on the qb choice department if nothing else.

Yeah still sober but man some posters in here could drive you to drink :p

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No kiddin mate...

K'OB likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I kinda want to see the Jets pick Allen just to see MoProblems criticize the Jets.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You won't see MoProblems criticize the Jets because I will change my user name to JoshAllenSucks as soon as a mod could get around to doing it.

STARoSCREAM likes this.
  5. G3M1n180

G3M1n180 Member

I think the trade up makes sense for the simple fact that it helps eliminate our chances of picking the wrong person.

On the offensive side of the ball, there are (3) franchise changing players in Darnold, Rosen and Barkley.

Ideally when giving up (3) 2nd round picks you want to come away with a FQB.

If the Browns take Josh Allen, we get a possible FQB
    If the Giants take Barkley, we get a possible FQB
    If the Browns and Giants take Darnold and Rosen, we have options.

Some of the options will be the following

1) Draft one of the cant miss RBs in our generation who right now compares to Barry Sanders. Build the offense around him the next 2-3 years and maybe get your FBQ next year or hope the TBW can become the game manager necessary

2) Trade out of this pick with either the Bills/Cardinals and try and recoup most of the value lost to the colts. Maybe even get another next years first in that draft day deal. Someone will be high on Allen and Mayfield to potentially move up into the 3rd slot

3) Settle on either Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield and hope we finally have the personal in Bates to groom a prospest into a starting caliber QB

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Can you please explain the Super Bowl MVP having come out of the exact same system?

The worlds changing bud. We are in the beginning of a new era, where spread QBs are both more prevalent and more successful in the NFL. It's new, but its here to stay.

And as far as Mayfield is concerned, he's one of the better ones to ever come through college, not just in total production, but efficiency and situational metrics as well:

[​IMG]

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...pe-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick

This is a great article to check out, as it deals with the exact issue of Mayfield coming out of the offense he does. TL;DR it is not a real concern for Mayfield.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

God I want Baker in New York. Bad. Like real bad. Even if Rosen is sitting there at 3 bad.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm with you. I like Rosen as a football player a lot, but I don't like the concussion history. I also think Mayfield fits what Bates will likely try to do here better than Rosen does. Mayfield is less turnover prone than Rosen, and in my view less of a risk overall. If they are both there, I'm taking Mayfield.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

The chart doens't really need an upgrade though. If you are trading pick for pick you get the same benefit regardless.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If Teddy proved to be elite, the QB we drafted will be worth multiple picks next year or would be an invaluable back up.
    Barkley would have been the pick if we landed Cousins.
    Teddy can be very good, Elite? He would have to make major strides from where he was pre injury. Let's hope he is and he shows it. If he does, Barkley will be an afterthought.

ColoradoContrails and Walt White like this.
  11. Seth

Seth Active Member

You guys realize that if Teddy stays healthy and plays well, that we can tag him and trade him for assets, right?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

not entirely, If a team wanted to move up bc they were QB needy, but say, didnt have the cap space to sign (COUGH BRADFORD COUGH) for $50 mil right out of the draft, there is less demand, thus less competition to drive value up

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's nothing. That's a bad habit formed in the MWC that's easily correctable. Just wait til a few guys come after him at break neck speed in the NFL. You'll see.
    That other guy can't move and throw and hit things on a dime. He's a loser.

14. GasedAndConfused

that doens't change the inherent value of the pick, it just changes your leverage iun negotiations like i gave an example of earlier about buying a 1 dollar cheeseburger for 5 bucks because you are starving

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

16. GasedAndConfused

you can't just count number of picks. 3 picks in the 2nd round are worth more then 10 picks in the 7th

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Teddy's true talent was never on display on that coach Zimm team. They asked him to dink and dunk, play conservative, run run run, win 13-10.

18. BroadwayAaron

Do you think that's any different than what he'd be asked to do here? Or could he even manage anything more than that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

And a franchise QB is worth more than 3 picks in the second round. We're in the position to land one now. We weren't before.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

MIGHT be worth more, look at our history. We have probably done better with undrafted walkons in our history then we have with 2nd round picks over the last 8 or so years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.