Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if all these guys are good fits in type of blocking or coverage scheme, or even that good, but their ages are all in the 25-27 range, and I know that some of them are better than what we presently have

Weston Richburg or Ryan Jensen - C
    Andrew Norwell or Xavier Su'a-Filo or Senio Kelemete or Chris Hubbard or Jack Mewhort - OG
    LaAdrian Waddle or James Hurst or Cornelius Lucas or Seantrel Henderson - RT
    Kyle Fuller or Tyrann Mathieu (if he becomes a FA) or Ross Cockrell or Nickell Robey-Coleman or Bashaud Breeland or Dontae Johnson or Rashaan Melvin or Travis Carrie or E.J. Gaines or Nevin Lawson or Leonard Johnson - CB (Sign two, one outside and one slot) - I'd love to see them add Fuller to start opposite Claiborne and Matthieu to play the slot
    Allen Robinson or Paul Richardson - WR
    Trey Burton - TE (if we don't re-sign ASJ)
    Josh McCown or Teddy Bridgewater - QB
    Orleans Darkwa - RB

#601 NCJetsfan, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Here’s my updated dream offseason:

Sign Cousins
    Sign Mathieu
    Sign Richburg
    Draft Nelson
    Draft Michel
    Re-sign DeMario
    Re-sign ASJ

Find a mid tier WR and pass rusher in free agency or the draft

The offense and defense are both instantly upgraded x5. This would be a playoff contender.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Mutual interest between Jets and Orleans Darkwa per Newsday. Wouldn't mind him for the right price. A bruiser that complements Powell well.

#603 BroadwayAaron, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    FlaJet likes this.
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Nah. Draft Barkley.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

1st problem for me is Winters is a weak spot & Jets need to move away from him. Weak in run game & terrible at pass protection. As far as F.A's....Jets need QB; what are options...Cousins very expensive...Jet could/should sign Kapernick {not expensive}, Bring in Bridgewater...might be ready by 2019, keep Petty...& draft a QB in later rounds. I like Mason Rudolph. Jets need Passrusher & O.L., maybe re-sign Claiborne & sign another CB. Jets need a #1 WR also. Can draft a #1 RB in draft...aka Rashad Petty. Would also love to see Jets go back to 3-4 defense.

FlaJet likes this.
  6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Jets are reportedly interested in Lions FA C Travis Swanson, as are the Dolphins, and a report from Newsday states that Morris Claiborne will have 8-10 teams interested in him if the Jets don't re-up him.

Personally I'm fine with letting Claiborne go. He did a nice job for half the season, and as usual, was banged up and did an average job/missed games during the second half. He is a great talent but also a liability. I'd rather see him walk.

Ozymandias and grkmanga31 like this.
  7. MurrellMartin

I would hope if someone like Darkwa is brought in that Powell would be released. I'd like to take a RB in this draft class. We need to infuse the RB room with youth and Powell is 30, so it's only going to go down from here. Save some $, pick up Darkwa and draft Powell's replacement.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  8. Ozymandias

At least they realize they need a center

FJF and MurrellMartin like this.
  9. Ozymandias

I can agree with this. I like McGuire too.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I heard Ty Law in the legends package has 97 speed.

11. MurrellMartin

A step in the right direction.

Now if we can just convince this organization that outside pass rushers help win football games, we'll be onto something.

Bills over Jets likes this.
  12. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Darkwa sucks. Why would the Jets want him?

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He doesn't really, you just don't like him. No one is calling him a game changer but for a complementary back, he's fine.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Isn’t McGuire a better player at this point than Darkwa? I’d rather see what McGuire can do.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

combine weekend is when all the FA deals are really made behind the scenes. So reports coming out this week are real IMO, real interest not just the talking heads looking for offseason clicks

KurtTheJetsFan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Not me. That would mean the Jets need to find two new starting CBs, and we would probably be stuck with Skrine. Claiborne is good. I think he should stay, we should sign one CB to start opposite Claiborne and then sign a slot corner so we can get rid of Skrine.

17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Is Darkwa any better than Powell, though? Why not just stick with Powell and McGuire and draft one? The Giants had one of the worst olines and worst running games in the league last year and we want their center and running back. That seems a bit sketchy.

18. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree and think that's an awful idea. Powell is one of the few sparkplugs we have on offense. Just because the Jets sign a FA RB and draft one doesn't mean that anyone needs to go. 4 RBs is not too many to keep. Powell has had limited touches, so even though he's 30, he doesn't have the wear and tear that most 30 year-old RBs have.

19. NCJetsfan

Well, Richburg only played 4 games last season, so you really can't judge Richburg by the Giants' rushing attack in 2017. Darkwa is a power back, something the Jets need. Unless they plan on drafting two RBs, I'd rather sign a Darkwa or another veteran power back and be able to draft a speedy RB like Michel, Jones, Penny or Guice who can score from anywhere on the field.

20. NCJetsfan

The Jets need a power back. Neither McGuire or Powell fit that bill. Hopefully, the RB the Jets draft will be a speedy type who can score from anywhere on the field like Michel, Penny or Guice. Thus, signing a RB who is more of a power back in FA makes sense imo.