Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

That stupid W/L stat against winning teams...

It's week 8 and your team is facing the 7-0 Packers in Lambeau. GB has been absolutely hammering their opponents and posts a 140 point differential in those seven games. The Cousins-led team scores at will due to superb QB play and hands GB their first loss of the season, yay! Rodgers blows out his knee on the first play of the next game and GB drops the rest of their games to finish 7-9. Oh no, you just beat a bad team in WK 8, not a good, winning team.

Or Taylor beating the Pats early in the season when Brady was on suspension. Credited with a win against a winning team even though we all know it's a completely different team with Brady at QB.

Russell Wilson has a winning record when he leads his offense to less than 14 points. Is he elevating the team or just playing with a really good defense/team backing him?

BTW, what lazy journalism. How about writing about how Cousins played in those 23 games? One of those losses is against Detroit in 2016 Kelley fumbled inside the 5 and the defense gave up a 75 yard, game-winning TD drive with 1:05 remaining. That loss is all on Cousins, right? Maybe he did shit the bed in a lot of those games, I don't know, but why don't you show me that?

Here's a play not made in another loss against a winning team. Pretty throw, too:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...ws-go-ahead-TD-but-Josh-Doctson-can-t-hang-on

Things like this are why W/L record is a TEAM stat.

#2341 DisgruntledLionFan, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    NoodleArm, Pepsiguy5, FlaJet and 9 others like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hello Disgruntled. Outstanding post. Lots of similarities being a Jets fan and a Lions fan. Many years of misery sprinkled with a few days of sunshine. Here is on the hope both teams find their way into the winning column.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Uh Oh............

According to NFL.com's Gil Brandt, the Vikings and free agent Kirk Cousins "certainly" have mutual interest.

Brandt went as far as to predict Cousins would indeed end up with the Vikings, even as the Broncos and Jets are viewed as his likeliest suitors. Minnesota has the NFL's ninth-most salary cap space and can offer Cousins a chance to win Super Bowls right away. Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum, and Sam Bradford are all free agents. "Kyle Sloter" is the Vikings' only QB under contract for 2018

Oh no..............
    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 48s49 seconds ago
    The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB… and will make these next few weeks fascinating.

#2343 The Dark Knight, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Think he’s going to minnesota. Damn. This is worst case scenario since they don’t draft above us. We’re gonna need to trade over Denver.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we're being honest here, Minnesota is built to win now and the near future while the Jets aren't. Can't blame Kirk if he picks the Vikings over the Jets.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No doubt about it. I have said several times I would choose Minnesota over anyone if I was him. Jacksonville #2, then a toss up between the Jets and Broncos. Jacksonville is out, so my hope was the Vikings would want to keep Keenum and/or Bridgewater. However, they got to the NFC title game for a reason: they are smart.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Welp it was a fun dream while it lasted. Back to hoping Allen develops into a franchise QB or the Browns or Giants take him.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I've been saying all along the Vikings are our biggest threat.
    They have a lot of cap, lots of offensive talent, a great defense, a less douchy fan base/media, and can be good for years to come.

They are my NFC team of choice so in a way I'd like to see it, but damn it would really screws the Jets.
    We gotta make a major sales push for this guy.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

already proven wrong. i posted a few pages back how he led 4 game winning drives in 2018 2 of which were against Seattle and LA Rams. 1 was against the niners who had a good defense but suffered from QB issues. the niners were 5-0 after jimmy g started despite his numbers being mediocre. their QB cost them the whole season. even with an average QB they could have made the playoffs. he also should have had a game winning drive against NO but the defense blew a 14 point lead with under 6 mins left.

10. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

In NO; false start on a 50 FG attempt in first half changes the decision to a punt, erroneous intentional grounding call knocks Skins out of FG range near the end of regulation, defense was a sieve in the last half of the 4th, etc.

KC put the Skins in position to win in three of the hardest places to play in the league against teams that were rolling at the time.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

McCown and Cousins share the same agent.

The Jets probably already know how this is going to play out.

I'm completely ok with drafting a QB in round 1 if its: Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield
    Anyone else and I feel like we will need another 4-12 season to get our guy.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

in other words realistically speaking the skins fucked up having an 11-5 records thanks to KC putting them in a position to win almost every game

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We will never get our guy. The last time we did was 1965 and even then it was only because he shocked the NFL world and didn't go with St.Louis.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This could be the dream crusher right here

15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Some people's dream just came true with that news....until we sign Case Keenum as our starter. Damn that would suck.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I will be shocked if Cousins doesn't go to Minnesota now, and if that happens all of the debate about whether he is "good enough to win" will end - barring unimaginable disaster, he'll have no excuse not to win at least 12 games and go to the NFC conference championship. In fact, that might be the only reason he wouldn't choose them - he'd have WAY more pressure to win there than he would on the Jets.

Any interest in Keenum? He would be way cheaper than Cousins would have been.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They could go with Teddy instead of Keenum, and I don't think that necessarily ends the Keenum talk in Minnesota either ... ain't over till its over as Lenny Kravitz would say.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Imagine signing Keenum for 15M a year? Urgh my heart

19. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Scary part is it's possible or worse...Bradford....hell Glennon got 15 Million.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

lol fack that...
    If we can't get Cousins, I think we have to re-sign McCown and I'd be on the Allen bandwagon (Mayfield second choice, Darnold third choice).

Just no trade up, and definitely no Rosen.

this sucks..