Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Don't get me wrong, Ben is very good and probably a HOFer. But is he better than Brees, Brady, Rodgers or Manning? Once in a generation usually means one guy, not five. I don't think there is any doubt that Rodgers is and has been the most talented QB for quite some time now. Only one guy I can think of taking over Rodgers is his mirror image; Steve Young.

Stafford and Ben was strictly on talent alone. No question BB is the better QB and has the better resume.

But if BB is dropped off as a rookie in Detroit 10 years ago, does he achieve the same type of individual and team success?
    I meant in the last three years. The inability of Seattle's FO to assemble a legitimate OL for Wilson is mind-boggling. Detroit tried to upgrade their OL last year, but the ideal unit only played 10% of the snaps together.

Washington OL was decimated as well.

Crowder and Thompson were nice surprises, but both missed time. For the most part, Cousins was playing with scrubs for the last 8 games.

Talent-wise, he's not elite or even near a guy like Stafford or Ryan. But damn if the dude hasn't proven me wrong and produced just like them with virtually no support from his organization. Redskins treated him like a red-headed stepchild and the dude balled out.

That has to count for something.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Exactly. Wondering if this is where the leaks are coming from.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

terrible article. you could make that same article on any QB pretty much. including brady, ben, and rodgers. i mean do we not remember how poorly ben played the first time against the jags and threw 5 INTs?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. DisgruntledLionFan

This quote is from another of his articles and then a few clips of the video beatdown someone else did in response. You shouldn't always take these articles as gospel:

https://i.imgur.com/LxPSSjp.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bbRYeIW.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/FmK1SWV.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bW7KF71.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/i1FCr66.gifv

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

Yeah, agreed. Every QB has bad games and bad INT's but focusing on Week 16 and Week 17 where all the teams involved are eliminated from playoff contention is truly ridiculous.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I just do not wnt them drafting 3rd or 4th round QBs. That is finger crossing time. Get one this year. I would rather draft one this year Round One and play with McCown another year while he learns.

8. GasedAndConfused

exactly. I mean it would be like saying beckham sucks based off his 1 playoff game.

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

To anyone who thinks cousin is not a top 10 Qb
    Somehow underrated: Since Cousins became a full-time starter in 2015, here's what he's done across three seasons: 67% completion percentage, 81 touchdowns, 97.5 quarterback rating, 13,176 yards.

Here's where those numbers rank among all quarterbacks in the sport.

Completion percentage: 3rd

Touchdowns: 8th

QB rating: 6th

Yards: 4th

If you want to blame Cousins' 24-23-1 record and zero playoff victories in that span on him and ignore the issues around him in Washington, be my guest. But to ignore how good this quarterback is would be a fool's errand.

10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, it appears that the pro Cousins crowd is right. The Jets front office, as it outwardly appears at this very moment, thinks like you guys. They like Kirk Cousins they are going to go all in behind him pedal right to the medal.

I've said over and over again this is a BAD move. I still think the very same. However, as I am a Jets fans I will be rooting right along side you. I just have this sneaking suspicion that this move has caused a lot of very earth shattering chain reactions in Jets land:

1) Kirk Cousins is ALL hype. He leads the Jets ultimately to MEDIOCRITY. Most of all, he's never good enough to steal the division away from the Patsies. They will continue to own this team as pissed as I am to post that - it's true.

2) This move will cost Mac his job. Say what you want and act all arrogant right now, this will be a BIG thing that many fans and press will point to as the move that caused Mac to fall out of favor in NY.

3) Blowes gets fired over this. It will become immediately evident that Blowes does NOT know how to lead a whole team. The offense will be a huge disappointment and that will have a huge adverse effect on Blowes job security. It should have already been evident for everybody to see, but this will make like it's been posted on a street sign.

4) Who knows how long this sets the team back? I figure this move puts them behind the 8 ball for at least the next 3 - 4 years but that really depends on how his contract is structured. It's still an albatross contract from hell that any Jets money man will have trouble clearing off the books for many years to come.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it will work out, like I’ve said a few times already whether it does or doesn’t will come down to how Mac spends the remaining 70 mil or so and uses the draft picks.

One thing I do know is I will applaud Mac for being aggressive and going out and fixing the biggest need with the clear cut best available option.

12. The Dark Knight

Hard to argue that. I am sure the Anti-Cousins crowd will find a way though! Those stats are even better than I realized.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I hope we'll be able to build a team around him, otherwise we'll just become Washington 2.0. Also, for everyone, look at how many times Cousins was sacked in Washington last season - 41 times. That team made him looked bad, imagine if he had an actual o-line. But no playoff victories, but no making the playoffs... He had no chance.
    Oh, and for everyone saying ''he can't secure the division for us'' I ask you who would be able to do it against the Pats? Imo, only Rodgers.

#1853 Rivers23, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  14. DisgruntledLionFan

To put it in perspective, these are the stats of what most would consider the 2nd tier of QBs during the same timeframe; Roethlisberger, Wilson, Stafford, Ryan and Rivers:

[​IMG]

Pretty sure those 13 rushing TDs are second only to Newton without looking it up.

15. GasedAndConfused

how can you call a guy hype who is top 10 in every important QB category for 3 years in a row? then predict it'll ruin the franchise?

MurrellMartin likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If signing Cousins gets Bowles fired, where can I send my donation to contribute to the contract?

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I know you feel you’re argument is sound but it’s not. Funny thing about perception, eh?

I already listed the talent around him. Aside from Santana Moss, all those other players still were better than what we have now.

Especially in 2015.

Tom Brady has done it several times with average talent around him. He’s done it with good talent around him. He has done it with key players missing.

Ultimately, fuck this part of this argument.

You say... what good QB has won a SB without good talent around him.

Let’s go with that.

Where is the amazing talent on this team that’s going to allow KC to be a SB winning QB here?

My point is, he’s had better talent with the Skins then what we have to offer now. If he couldn’t do it with them, what makes you think he will be that guy for us?

Especially if these reports are accurate stating we could give him 60mil up front in his first year alone?

The red flags are so much more than that lame scenario you just laid out in an assumption you have made on KC’s behalf. You have insider info with KC, you know that’s how he felt and what he was doing for sure?

I think I’ll go with the actual statements from people around him that suggest he’s not worth the money at all. Not that kind of money anyway. Like his former GM for example, who actually went on record stating he wasn’t anything special.

I’m not grasping, I’m flourishing, don’t get confused.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  18. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I'm not into fantasy football, but I came across an article that ranked Qb's for '17
    Cousins was ranked #7. Not that I put any stock in fantasy football.

But the stats below are no fantacy...let's face it, top ten in all categories in '15 , '16, & '17
    Not just a one year wonder
    The world will not end if we can't sign Cousins, but I feel he is our BEST option not our
    Only option. [Mayfield & McCown option #2]
    The reason there is so much argument is because both options are good.
    I like where the Jets stand now as far as Fa & the draft.

Cousins Stats:
    Somehow underrated: Since Cousins became a full-time starter in 2015, here's what he's done across three seasons: 67% completion percentage, 81 touchdowns, 97.5 quarterback rating, 13,176 yards.

Here's where those numbers rank among all quarterbacks in the sport.

Completion percentage: 3rd

Touchdowns: 8th

QB rating: 6th

Yards: 4th

If you want to blame Cousins' 24-23-1 record and zero playoff victories in that span on him and ignore the issues around him in Washington, be my guest. But to ignore how good this quarterback is would be a fool's errand.

#1858 BudJet, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

What are you talking about?

Did Jackson and Garçon post 1000 yds in the same year by never playing at the same time. That’s what you are saying?

Jordan Reed played most of 15-16 seasons, half of last year. He didn’t play with those guys either?

This is dumb.

I don’t even care to be honest, it’s still more than what we have. Injured or not, there was still more talent at different points of those seasons then what we have.

zace likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

I also think JG is much more talented already in his early career than KC.

Does that help?

zace likes this.