Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Then who leaked the first number? Cimni said he had sources which would imply the jets leaked it. So obviously they're playing some part in this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

You guys think any of these reports are coming from the Jets? Cmon...... Its February and nothing is going on. These guys have a quota to meet and clicks bring in the money.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bolded is just incorrect. Agents are the sources more often than not when it comes to contract numbers. Don't wanna sound high and mighty like I know it all, because I don't, but I worked for a professional sports league for 5 years in the league office. Agents, run, EVERYTHING.

I also don't think Cimini said anything profound. That's the ballpark since Jimmy G signed in San Fran. It wasn't till Costello spoke that hilarity ensued.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sources can be on both sides. He never said jet sources or even the ever popular sources close to the situation.
    I’m going with occums razor on this one. The simplest explanation is the agents are leaking this to let a team cousins has on the top of his list know what they want to get close to.
    Sadly that means we may not get cousins, but that’s easier to believe than all of a sudden Macs tight lipped ways suddenly changed. They have nothing to gain by letting the world know what they are bidding

All Gas No Shake and JetBlue like this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You need to read what he said. He said he had sources. So why would there be 2 different numbers if its one agent?

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They have everything to gain by saying we can bid the highest. Teams like denver cant match that theres only one team in the league that can match it.

In fact it makes much more sense it came from the jets, if they want him. Basically saying hey cousins come get paid. We cant officially talk, but we're talking.

7. BroadwayAaron

I read what he said. Everyone has sources. With this Jets team, we have 0 reason to believe that the source was actually inside the Jets front office. Agents will leak things left and right, doesn't matter how many times or how many people. In fact it works to their advantage to leak different stories to different reporters. All it does is drive interest in their client and most importantly, the dollars, up up up.

GQMartin and FJF like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s public knowledge that we have the most to offer. It’s available on a million websites.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im sorry, i work in Healthcare. When somebody comes in and has an end signs of arthritis, you dont diagnose them with psoriasis. You go with what makes sense and what's before you.

What's before us are leaks. Clearly one of them came from the jets, because you have one thats says they will offer a fully guaranteed contract, another that says theyll pay whatever it takes, and another that days 60 mil up front. What are the chances all 3 came from the player agent? Not very likely. Clearly the jets want this informa5out their because that havent refuted it and continue to let it go. It absolutely benefits them to leave this out there. Either they want cousins and it sways him, or they dont and some other team overpays him and drives up bidding to justify their non acquisition. Either way it helps.

10. Jets777

Jets777 Member

Thanks man. Bree is worth more than Cousins. If Bree will stay in Saints or retired for either. We should sign Bradford and draft for Allen or Mayfield and or if Darnold and Rosen fall for us then it is perfect draft to Rosen or Darnold.

GQMartin likes this.
  11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

3 different proposals basically? I could believe one or two were made up, but 3? No way. The jets are driving this thing. Theres a reason vegas has them as the favorites to land him.

12. BroadwayAaron

It's a whole lot more likely than you think. But this convo is going nowhere.

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Again, what talent? Players he didn't play with? Players who were injured, players who were not together at the same time ?

Name one QB who has won a Super Bowl without a good roster around him.
    The red flags? He wanted out of the shit show in Washington. The Redskins wanted him, he turned them down, twice , and wouldn't negotiate a third time. Cousin's forced Washington's hand. Not the other way around, and you Know that's the case.
    Your grasping at straws to support your weak argument.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre right its not going anywhere. Keep telling yourself how right you are but its sounds ridiculous to me that you dont think the jets are behind this.

15. TonyFtLaud

I kind of figured that.

16. BroadwayAaron

Of course it does, because you're under the impression everything you think is correct and there couldn't possibly be another outcome.

This isn't just a Jets thing, it's not even a football thing, it's not even a SPORTS thing. Agents rule everything. They have the loosest lips and phone full of contacts. Very rarely do you see a TEAM leak contract terms. I mean think about this logically. Why the hell would the Jets leak that they are basically going to big against themselves? Why even put it out there, because then the player is going to expect it to be offered. It just makes no sense for the Jets to leak it.

17. TonyFtLaud

Remember the tax is only applicable to 8 home games, you have to factor the state tax for division rivals as well , as the tax is paid to the state the game is played in.

18. TonyFtLaud

They weren't even on the same roster at any one time, healthy or not

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Someone posted a good article above about Cousins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ins_red_flags_how_concerned_should_jets_b.amp

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...an-upgrade-is-kirk-cousins-over-blake-bortles

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-be-fools-gold-on-the-2018-free-agent-market

20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Oddly enough, the Skins tried to turn the fans against Cousins by grossly misrepresenting what their last offer was to KC.

And with Allen continually calling him Kurt while doing so.

It was definitely personal.