Josh McDaniels Screwed the Colts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Feb 6, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

OK, youre right, the Jets website won't have an OC this season! :rolleyes:

Psst, he's the OC..

2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You all are being played again by the media.

Wait let me get a tissue so I can wipe my tears for the Colts. Oh former GM Bill Polian such an unbiased analysis. Or I forgot Tony Dungy also, now I am really weeping now. Oh the poor Colts always being screwed by the Pats. Ah their receivers were being treated to rough by the Pats and the Colts can't win. So Polian in the rules committee comes up with this crap you see today as far as pass interference. Ah they present the only ball in the Wells report that was 2 pounds underinflated, but nobody notices?

Let me all ask you this, what if McDaniels finds out from his buddy Adam Schefter that the Colts are lying about Luck's injury. What if Luck is having more surgery? As Richard Marx states in the song "It don't mean nothin' till you sign it on the dotted line".

If Luck is not really recovered from his injury, who is the honorable person now?

shasta01 likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not the issue. We have a concept in the English language called integrity.

Josh McDaniels didn’t simply turn down the job; he pursued other coaches, convinced them to leave their current jobs and uproot their families, and then backed out on them.

He had no problem sticking those coaches in bad situation that he created, but won’t join them because in hindsight it wasn’t what he wanted. That’s a complete lack of integrity.

There is absolutely zero defense to that behavior — save himself but throw everyone else overboard. It doesn’t make you a Patriot homer to defend that behavior, it makes you an equal sack of shit if you see nothing wrong with it.

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

First, let me say that McDaniel never should have given his agent the OK if he was not sure. Wrong to do that. Though he would have been screwing the Colts more if he had gone ahead and taken the job if his heart wasn't in it.

As far as screwing the assistants...
    McDaniel informed them ahead of time he was thinking of backing out. Not sure how they got screwed.
    He got DeGuglielmo(?) who was unemployed a job!
    Matt Eberflus got a promotion and raise
    Mike Phair went from D-Line coach at Illinois to coaching in the pros

No doubt they could have backed out and gone back to their previous jobs (they only signed a couple days before) or unemployment in one of the cases.

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I by no means defending his behavior but I am smart enough to tell when the media is trying to play me. When you got folks who are ex Colts analyzing the story, doesn't that raise a flag for you?

Everyone in the league knew McDaniels had cold feet for years, As for the other coaches I do feel bad for them.

But you don't seem to get my point here. So what if the Colts are lying about Luck?

As to integrity and your word means something, I agree with you it should. But those days are long gone and that's why you have contracts that need to be signed. Their are folks whose word I trust but they are very few of them.

Just because I am trying to open your eyes to the other side of the story doesn't mean I condone McDaniels actions. I would not trust him in any business dealings either!

ukjetsfan likes this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

“I didn’t say no takebacks!” - McDaniels when speaking the Colts after he was supposed to report to Indy.

7. C63Baller

C63Baller Member

Man! Everything about that NE team is sleazy. From owners down to players, coaches and assistants and especially their crap bandwagon fans. The whole organization is just sleazy, low down and gross. Wow. Smh.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Ending up with Frank Reich, the Colts made out better than that hack McDaniels.

and what a sleeze he is for doing that to the assistants he sold on the job.
    who knows if Reich will keep all of them, or for how long.

FJF likes this.
  9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I hope Reich haunts the Pats for years to come.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. dogg

dogg Member

NE should forfeit its first round pick to the Colts.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What if the Colts were lying about Luck because Belichick threatened their families if they told the truth? Then Belichick should go to prison. This is a legitimate question.

JetBlue, FJF and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"Everybody does it."

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

If you ain't threatening families, you ain't trying.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. JetBlue

Really? You think that’s plausible and how the Colts would want to start the relationship with McDaniels? “Remember when we told you Luck was fine? Sike! He ain’t playing this year at all! Hahaha! Hey guys, look at his face! Hahah! Now get down there and coach our scrub team! Oh, boy, we sure got him!”

You really think McDaniels was so important to them that they’d completely lie to him just to get him signed, regardless of what it would do to the relationship right at the start?

If you do, it’s not my eyes that need to be opened, because absent of any evidence of such a claim it’s the dumbest fucking claim I can imagine.

FJF likes this.
  15. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Neither does the wining. You Jet fans are so jealous it's rotting your brains.

16. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I'm sure you have been having this wet dream for about 18 years now. LOL Please, the Pats own the Jets and will continue to own them. Not that that's great accomplishment, because lets be honest the rest of the league has pretty much owned them as well.

17. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Or,,,,,,,god forbid the winning just keeps on going? Jet fans won't speak of it, but you know somewhere in the deep dark places they fear the most, the possibility that MCDaniels can be a great head coach, and is being groomed to take over in a few years to continue the New England legacy. Jet fans are so deeply afraid it's wonderful. LOL

18. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Actually that wasn't the reason he didn't want to coach the Jets, in his own words, he had serious doubts about the new ownership that was about to take over after the death of Leon Hess. Sorry but the reality is, those doubts are what Jet fans have lived with ever since and if they any one of them had the ability to be honest with themselves they would have to admit that B.B. was dead on.

19. JetBlue

Yes, the history of the NFL reveals that to be likely.

It takes far more desperate delusion for Pats fans to believe it likely than Jets fans to hope it doesn’t.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  20. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I'm not talking about belief, I'm talking about that fear Jets fans have of it happening.