Josh McDaniels Screwed the Colts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Yikes, it's unanimous. Charlie Weis has chimed in, claiming that what McDaniels did is "the absolute dumbest move in the history of sports" if he didn't get a firm assurance that he would replace Belichick. The Patriots' damage-control outlets are all claiming that no such assurance was given, something that a lot of us find very difficult to believe. Let's say McDaniels did get such an assurance. Trusting Kraft on that oral promise would be as risky as, say, the Colts trusting McDaniels' oral promise to coach in Indianapolis. Karma, anyone?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dumbest-move-ever-if-he-didnt-get-assurances/

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

There’s a path to redemption for even the most degenerate of sinners.

#102 Dierking, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I couldn't be happier about the Colts getting screwed over. Here's a team that shit its way to Peyton Manning ... won 12 games a year for a decade, and won a SB ... tanked for one season and got Andrew Luck. I hope he never plays another snap for them.

Colts ... fuck them.

ColoradoContrails and JetBlue like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Kacy will be our new OC...and will be officially know as OCDC..Rock On!!!

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

OCDC gonna make me OD.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Oh, man, this is getting weirder. Per Mike Reiss of ESPN, here's what Belichick told McDaniels this week, “‘I want you to be by my side. I am going to open my world to you.” All Belichick had to do was call him Grasshopper and it would read like a bad outtake from David Carradine's old Kung Fu TV show.

#106 Since1969, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I hope he gets fucked over by Kraft....there is no loyalty from one scumbag to another. The Pats tradition lives on.

#107 LAJet, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How does Matt Patricia feel right about now. “They didn’t ask me to stay.”

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did you get a message saying you're not either, or I'm not? Now we've gotten to the point that one internet published "scoop" becomes gospel because somebody tweeted it? Seriously? You don't need the slightest bit of evidence? You don't care that this was a done deal three weeks ago and all we've heard since then is crickets?

You would think that if Bates was the Offensive Coordinator the team would have made an announcement, wouldn't you?

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I bet Beliceck will end up in SF to have Jimmy G, for the next 10 years.

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Parcells last year as head coach was with the Cowboys in 2006, and he was 65 years of age. That's how old Belichick is now, and will turn 66 this April. I could see Belichick leaving after the 2018 season. Would he come back to coaching at 68 or 69? I don't think so. Maybe a front office role somewhere else besides the Patriots. Build something from the ground up. I think he would enjoy staying close to football in a administrative capacity, as Tom Coughlin is doing as the Executive VP of Football Operations for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

CotcheryFan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Beli is never going to build anything from the ground up anywhere else because without Brady he would fail and he knows it. He's gonna retire after this season and serve in the consultant role to the Patriots and McDaniels but that's it.

The same guy that fucked over the Jets with the lame excuse that he didn't want his old boss looking over his shoulder is now becoming the old boss looking over the shoulder of his replacement. That's Bill Belichick.

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

It's an OC hire, not a HC gig. It wasn't a simple rumor that was tweeted. It was reported everywhere that he's the OC. It's the off-season, people are on vacation getting ready to gear up for 2018. Not to repeat what's already been reported on a daily basis. It's not a big deal, we don't need to make it into one

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

"I'm going to open my world to you." You can cheat by doing this, and this and this and this..........

15. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

You obviiusly let your hate for Belichick and the Patriots cloud your judgement. Remember when Belichick went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassell? I also credit Belichick for finding and developing Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback. Heck even Jacoby Brissett was a good find by Belichick. Bottom line Belichick is a great coach and talent evaluator. It's not all Brady. Belichick deserves a lot of credit for the success the Pats have enjoyed during his tenure.

#115 playtowinthegame, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Bellows1 likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Do you really not see the point I'm making? One guy tweeted, a bunch more repeated it. No one was quoted, no contract terms discussed. There have been no followups in three weeks. This is the time of musical chairs in the NFL and teams have a certain urgency to get the people they want while the parts are all in motion.

What's the holdup? Bates may turn out to be the OC. He also may not.

17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Don't you get the point? There is no holding, Bates is the OC. It's not that hard, you don't have a point to get other than you think he isn't the OC.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I think thats where this is heading.

I also think Belichick knows when his team is not good enough to win the whole thing either. He probably is seeing a darker future going forward, Brady is older, the defense is an embarrassment, Gronk might be out, etc

I don't think Belichick has anything left to prove, I see him as the type of guy that would go to San Fran so he can stick it to the Patriots.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Here’s the problem with that theory. If Jimmy is good, why is Shanghai not going to be there for Belichick to get the job? If the jobs open, then jimmy might not be worth beli risking his reputation. My guess is Belichick rides off into the sunset with tommy and McDaniels will be left with a bare cupboard

20. Ralebird

Blatantly false!

The New York Jets website says he is the Quarterbacks Coach.