The two bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Feb 1, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Didn't watch it and wont watch it but what did Charlie Weis say

If they aren't blessed by the miracle that is Brady, Belichick is fired after 2001-2002 probably. He had a 6 year sample size and was 50 years old. He didn't just magically transform into the greatest coach of all time. Its Brady, and it was some underhanded cheating with that regime

Jets69 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Weis said some bullshit like leave it to the Jets to create a circus or whatever. That fat loser couldn't fit into any of the rides at a circus if he wanted to so how would he know?

3. forevercursed

What circus is he even referring to? I mean when we had Parcells and Belichick...we went to great lengths to make everything work, give them what they need, and were all business. That team was anything but a circus

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

What the hell happened with Weis? Remember when he was considered a brilliant offensive mind and future NFL head coach? Within a few years, he was being paid simultaneously by two colleges not to coach. Damn, he fell far and fast. His comments on the documentary shouldn't surprise anyone because he always had the reputation as an obnoxious big mouth.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Which also explains the obnoxious comments about the Jets - his 22-43 records as a head coach at Notre Dame and Kansas in his last six years as a head coach couldn't possibly be his fault, so he has to somehow tarnish the team he had left 8 years earlier, since he certainly wasn't going to say anything bad about the sainted BB.

6. forevercursed

Weis was an obnoxious fat turd. Never a HC calibre guy but he did help Brady a bit early on but his influence is overstated. Never got an NFL head coaching job for a reason

7. forevercursed

Overall I think their animosity towards the Jets probably goes way back, from the days the Jets (foolishly) moved into Giants Stadium and they had to share the place with such an "unsavory" tennant in their mind. Plus the 1988 Al Toon game I think probably still bothers them. Belichick especially since he's a huge grudge holder.

Yea they came to the Jets and did their jobs for a period of time but they were mercenaries who never felt like or wanted to be true Jets.

The Giants are a shady scumbag organization that likes to portray itself as lordly and elite, but the curtain came down on a lot of it this year. Wellington Mara was a jerk as well and now they've got another jerk as GM with Gettleman. Beckham is a classless punk.

I really think that franchise is going to be in for a rough stretch now that Philly is elite and has a great QB, and Dallas is well run franchise with tons of talent as well. If they don't draft a QB that truly becomes elite it could be a long run of 4-12 to 7-9 type seasons for them.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Been there. Done that.

#48 pdxdrew, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  9. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

I wasn't angry, just frustrated at our position and losing two great coaches. But then I realized you know what, who cares, the Jets got screwed over, but we'll get there someday, and when we do, it'll be the most glorious day of our lives.

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I'm happy we have Macc and Bowles because they are at least competent at some of the facets of their jobs. Both the jobs they have in the past, have been filled with less than suitable candidates.

#50 pdxdrew, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Charlie Weis can suck my fuckin balls. How's that for a take?

12. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

The more I think about it honestly If belechick stays on as head coach would we have really been any better then we were for that stretch after Parcells/ Groh when Herm was the coach. While I do think B.B. is a great x’s and o’s Guy his rise to one of the winningest coaches ever had all to do with having Brady as his qb. Does he have the same success with an old Testsaverde or even Chad Pennington ??? I don’t think so. There’s a reason why all these coordinators leave a the Patriots then completely suck at there new jobs and that reason is there’s no Tom Brady as qb.

13. forevercursed

I'll say this. We didn't "miss out" Belichick didn't want to coach here and we wouldn't have had Brady. It could've never happened

Parcells just didn't have the gumption to finish the job. That's just what he's been since leaving the Giants.

14. forevercursed

Plus the media. When he went up to NE in 2000...did anybody care? Patriots had no fans back then, there was no pressure, media didn't give a damn about them. Here the pressure would've been immense. And like you said, no all time great QB.

His stint would've been similar to Cleveland. Maybe a tad better. But there's no way we win any Super Bowls with Belichick and no Brady. Where was his genius when we were up 10-0 in Denver huh? Where was his genius at the Silverdome in 1997? I know it's Barry Sanders but Belichick takes your best player away right? 183 yards rushing. Where is his genius in Super Bowl 25? Oh they put his legendary playbook in the Hall of Fame that game. Why? The stinkin Bills had the ball for 19 minutes that game and had 371 yards of offense in that time which means they murdered Belichick's D.

Belichick took over the Jets with a career 37-45 record. And he was 42-58 after the game Bledsoe went down.

That's what he is without Brady (and cheating) that's 100 games. That's not a small sample size. Bill Belichick did not just magically morph into a head coaching genius in 2001.

#54 forevercursed, Feb 3, 2018
    RPOZ51 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but the patriots would have 0 Super Bowls and that's a pretty good consolation

16. forevercursed

Who knows. Maybe they draft Brady anyway

I just wish that shitbag franchise would've moved in 1993.

17. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

Another thing to think about. Let’s say in 1991 Parcells doesn’t have the heart issues or whatever was wrong with him and stays as Giants coach and never becomes Pats HC. Do the patriots even still exist in New England? Something to think about bc they were thinking about moving the team to St Louis in the early 90s. That’s my biggest gripe with patriots fans. While there are a good amount of fans who were there when they were a crap franchise and arguably had a worse history then the Jets there are all these bandwagon fans post 2001 that appeared out of nowhere. Where were they in 90s when they couldn’t fill the stadium up there and the team had one foot out the door??That will probably be one of the more funny things to watch are these fans disappear once Brady leaves and there not winning 13 games a year.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  18. forevercursed

Actually no. Nobody went to those games. They had games where they couldn't get 30,000 into a 60,000 seat stadium. They were going to go to St. Louis and nobody cared. They were very clearly 4th after the Sox, Celtics, and Bruins. And they were far behind the Bruins.

Maybe the league would've stepped in and saved them even if Parcells didn't go there. The Boston metro area is bigger than the St. Louis one after all.

We know what the mainstay NFL franchises are. Dallas/Pitt/Green Bay have huge national followings and teams like Chicago and Denver and Philly have large footholds in areas too. Thing is New England is incredibly HATED. Something like less than 20% of the country is rooting for them to win (think it's like 17%) Once this ends that's it, the old order that existed pre 2001 will reform. They won't have that permanent staying power of Dallas or Pittsburgh.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Vinny barely hit the turf with his achilles and Parcells was outta here

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

BB was never gonna coach here. He was on the phone with Kraft staging a deal behind the scenes while accepting bonus money from a dying owner here in NY.

That's where this documentary failed. Lying about why he left, how the pats were gonna hire Dom Capers, yeah fucking right, he was all set to leave for NE no matter what after that season