Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Jamal, you’ve dropped at least 3 INTs this year. Your ball skills aren’t very good and your coverage skills leave much to be desired. The last thing the fans need is a high pick talking themselves up before you accomplished anything in this league. Be humble pal....

2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Well, if it's like paint on a wall, he must have missed a spot, because the wall caught a TD pass.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You know what? Jamal probably should have turned his head and knocked that pass down, rookie mistake or whatever, but were talking about a game that Jets held this high scoring bunch to just 14 point's. OMG, talk about fuckin nit picking!! If the Jets lame offense did any thing worthwhile we'd be talking about an upset.

This is all still BS. Picking on a rookie that is covering an all pro. Sometimes I wish the Jets would just move to different city, and not have to read all this negative nonsense.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Sure, and I can hop on a ship to Mars.

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

He said his ball skills were great? Save that talk for the locker room. Lol

fansince90 likes this.
  6. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Adams makes the same mistakes covering prolific TE's that most safeties do. They allow these TE's to get off the line at the snap unencumbered and allow them to build momentum and get into their route too easily. In addition, he has constantly allowed bigger players to get inside position and gives himself no chance. Adams needs to use his physicality to at least give himself a chance and jam the TE at the line, disrupt the route, and be better able to make a positive play. Playing it safe and soft is getting him killed.

fansince90 likes this.
  7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I like the kid “STILL”

But he better stfu soon otherwise I’ll file him under the Sheldon Dickerson Douche fraud category soon.

These brothas do feel awfully good bout theyselves don’t dey........ yo

Note to self.

Another confirmation

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG another Mevi$???

Not a bad player but 2 things: he is poorly coached and the OCs have figured out how to burn him

If the kid doesn't intercept and make an IMMEDIATE impact he is NO first rounder

Thanks Toilet Bowles ..you went Defense and got this POS when you could have drafted Watson or Mahomes

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Oh? He’s not Lott, Reed or Polamalu his rookie year, wtf did Mac draft him for then? Fire Mac!!

Jets_Grinch, Kris 15 and FJF like this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I don't believe you read ALL of my post???????

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Oh I did, I just couldn’t get past the stupidity of you drawing conclusions on his career after 15 games. Polamalu had 0 INTs, 1FF, 2 sacks his rookie year, just saying.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

STUPIDITY????? What I posted was an objective take of his career thus far. Who the hell said I drew a conclusion? I think YOU jumped to a conclusion.......

Noam likes this.
  13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This philosophy just doesn't register with NFL players in 2017

14. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I was comparing his college stats to some of the college stats of other free safeties past and present.
    His numbers are good...so i can see how the Jets would like him. He has the numbers that can translate into greatness.

He is not a hitter...you can teach angles, footwork, reading...but u cant teach "Go knock out Christian Okoye!" and change the momentum of the game. Lol.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Its called setting up a defender. Gates was never speedy but he knew how to get open and worked well with Rivers.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The old Kyle Wilson disease. That guy only knew how to run down the field with his head straight ahead. he could have had a hundred interceptions if would turn his head around.

fansince90 likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

There is a reason these prolific TE are defined as prolific, they are great at their jobs and you can only hope to contain them not stop them.

Gates did to Adams what he has been doing to all NFL safeties, blocking them like a power forward uses his body to block out for rebounds

Credit has to be given where credit is due, Adams will be fine.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I don't question the "will be fine" part as I think unlike Calvin Pryor he has the talet to stay in the league. But it doesn't seem like he can be a diffrence maker at all. Physically overwhelmed by TEs, no great ball hawking skills and not an overwhelimngly strong tackler/blitzer.

Honestly I think he was just more well coached than others coming from a football family and that's why he made the difference at the collegiaate level. But I don't think he has a particularly high ceiling... something you'd expect given where he was chosen.

fansince90 likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is his first year, it's a huge transition from college to pros, he's been asked to do a lot in his first year and he has done a good job handling what he's been asked to do. I'm of the opinion that he will get better next year if the jets can manage to find someone at the lb position who can get to the QB. That way he will be able to play more coverage and he might get more interceptions.

Noam, fansince90 and FlaJet like this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Adams isn't pro bowl yet? He sucks! Adams admitted multiple times that he was unhappy with his play and wants to work to improve it. He has high expectations for himself. There is nothing wrong with that. Let's see how next year goes. He made some rookie mistakes, but overall played pretty solid in his rookie season, IMO.

It's a big improvement over the safety play last year, no question. If they solidify the CB unit this year, it would be tremendous.

#360 Sam Hammer, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Noam and fansince90 like this.