BREAKING: Macc and Bowles have been extended

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You’re the biggest clown on here. The board would benefit if you were to take your leave. Jetsnation is ——> that way

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You mean like he did this year, after the Johnsons finally pulled their heads out of their asses with the win now garbage? I love such clueless statements

Jets69 likes this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm more upset Maccagnan took Maye over Dalvin Cook. That was dumb.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A lot of coaches have issues with making adjustments, if you aren't Bill Belichick, you have problems. Andy Reid messes tons. I have mentioned Bowles has a lot to improve on, but he's doing something right.

- The team seems to be doing a decent job at preparation. They are always in games, despite the lack of talent. The adjustments, need to be improved.
    - He hires good coaches. Morton and Bates has done a good job, however the defense he needs to fix that.
    - We say players like to play for themselves / coach, yes that is true, but to play together is another facet and I think Bowles has done a good job with that. Rex did too, but Bowles has disciplined his players, where-as Rex let them do whatever they wanted.
    - He's a good manager in general; he lost the locker room last year, but those headaches are gone and the team is actually BETTER because of it.

In all, I don't see Bowles like a Sean McVay, an innovative offensive mind. Or Mike Zimmer, an innovative defensive mind. Man I would kill for a McVay, but he's not out there. So, I am down to roll with Bowles and this coaching staff for the next year or 2 and evaluate them, the team is still in the right direction and until I don't see it that way, I will stop defending them for sure. Could happen after the draft. Bowles will put you in the right situation to succeed, I think that's something you can give Bowles credit for.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Lee improved from abysmal to just bad. He still can’t cover anyone if his life depended on it. Hanson did next to nothing this year so not sure where you’re even going there. The secondary was still very mediocre this year. Anyone was an upgrade over an old Revis and Gilchrist. You seem to forget how awful Skrine was this year and Adams lack of tackling and coverage weren’t very good but he can always improve. Anderson took a major step forward but the others are a little bit of a stretch.

ColoradoContrails, NYJetsO12 and abc like this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

. Obviously I was exaggerating. But if it’s just football why r u wasting your time posting on a fan site where we act like the jets are reading and anyone gives a shit what u or I say. “ If it’s just football “ people don’t post on this site

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

but you have to balance the positives against things that have become worse - like the fall off in quality of the O-Line with the loss of Mangold and D'Brick - the fall off in the quality of the D-Line with Richardson gone and Wilkerson going - if you look at the quality of the team now to wear it has been I don't see any overall improvements

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets have to come away from this draft with a pass rusher and hopefully a FQB.

Hoping the $$ space can resolve the OL -- there's nothing at C though, will have to draft a C.

9. John

John Active Member

Some of you posters really are a joke.
    Jets finally show signs of rebuilding the roster the right way and show stability in the coaching staff and you still complain.

The players clearly are behind Todd and play hard for him. And I Mac . He is really building the right way.

Jets have young talent across the board and can really take a huge step with this cap space and draft.
    It will be much different than macs first year spending money the core of that team was aging . We have an opportunity to have one of the best young teams in the league next year

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't get really dramatic and threaten to leave internet message boards when my favorite football team does something I don't like.

11. 101GangGreen101

I would say abysmal to below average. This is his 2nd year at that position, Lee has never played this level of linebacker before in his entire life. No one can guard a Kamara, that's why he's got like 80 catches, I am going to give Lee another year to fully evaluate him. I saw progress, always in the back-field, forced a few fumbles. It was pretty cool to see him punch that ball out for a force fumble that one game.

Hansen, each time he actually got targets, he caught the ball. I think next year, he will be featured more in the offense. Imagine a Darnold, or Cousins throwing to him? He did have that nice catch over Marshon Lattimore. That kid has hands.

Secondary is better communication wise, but they still need work. Gotta get more depth. Maye is gonna be a solid pick. Adams, he's made some great tackles, but he's whiffed on a few for sure, that Alex Smith run was embarrassing, but the kid has talent and a great nose for the ball. Give him some time.

This WR core next year. Q, RA, Kearse, Hansen, ASJ ... improve the line, get a QB, time for this regime to get to work. You got 100M in cash and 3 high draft picks in the first 2 rounds. I need to see this one through another year.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. John

John Active Member

I wouldn’t be mad if we signed cousins but really rather draft a FQB and land a pass rusher in the draft.

FA sign o line and CB.maybe even take a shot at Allen Robinson if price is right can really shore up that WR core

Resign
    ASJ
    Enuwa
    Davis
    Ealy
    Claiborne

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wait, @NCJetsfan left????
    Days getting better by the second

14. 101GangGreen101

This is why I worry about Mac. Will he prioritize the offensive line? So far he hasn't. He has wasted money on lineman that aren't even active on gameday. Bowles I am worried about him too, but I am worried about Mac just as much.

I think McLendon on the line will be good with Leonard Williams. Maybe that Xavier Cooper guy can do something going forward. Jets need some better outside linebackers that can win on the outside cause LW is getting double teamed all of the time.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

good move. you can't rebuild a team without stability at the HC and GM positions

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yes it is

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FJF and Jets69 like this.
  17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Don't be ignorant bubba. Last off-season the Jets were merely getting out from under those big contracts Mac dished out during those first two years of the "competitive" rebuild. Now the Jets have a bunch of cap space, and Mac is going to spend money again. I hope this time he spends more wisely than the last time he was eating up the cap space John Idzik saved: Revis, Cromartie, Gilchrist, Skrine, Marshall trade, Forte, re-signing Wilkerson while letting Snacks walk, re-signing Fitzpatrick...some god awful moves. Now go back to shoving your head back up Mac's butt.

#137 playtowinthegame, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

+1 ....Couldn't agree more. Bowles and Mac aren't perfect, but they have this team heading in a positive direction.

They key for this team and the long term future of the Coach and GM is finding that elusive QB for this franchise.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no, i want them to win a fucking superbowl not a virtually meaningless game in october. i dont give a damn how they do that but i can guarantee you that bowles isnt the guy. that much i am sure of. i couldnt wait for him to get canned after this year so we could have our GM actually hire a coach. but then we go and win a huge 5 games and everything is good. i hope they play to win next year too, and win more than 5 fucking games. but i am sure if we go 7-9 we will get to keep bowles again until he completely shits himself the following year.

ColoradoContrails, dogg and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Money Trump's all . The FAs who are willing to pass up $ to go to a "winner" are at the end of their careers, have made their money and want a chance at a ring before Retirement. Those are not the FAs we should be targeting.
    As far as making up the earnings , No market offers more opportunities to gain endorsements then NY.
    And as much as we may disliked Bowles, Players love him.