Enough with 'Same Old Jets' — It's time fans acknowledge Gang Green is headed in right direction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Dec 23, 2017.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well using the past is silly if it's the past under Tanny, Idzik and company.

But using the past three years to gauge Mac and Bowles is not silly. I want Bowles out not because of Rex, Mangini and other head coaches or unrealistic expectations of this season, I want him out cause he's lax on discipline and a poor coach strategically that the Jets aren't going to win with long-term. I think Macc deserves another year and another coach but can't say I have much faith in him to find the 'franchise QB' through the draft since he's only had stopgaps and draft busts to this point.

Of course Manish is one of the main reasons Marrone isn't the Jets coach too, giving us a sneak preview of the kind of smear campaign that's become scary effective in politics.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

By saying good you mean Tom Brady?
    McCown put up numbers on this team that are way better than good. Look at his stats. So I don't see anything short of HOF helping this team in the shape it's in. There isn't a QB in the draft who could replicate McCown's numbers this year on this team. The chicken has to be fixed before it can lay good eggs. MHO.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

By good, mean a top 10 qb as was mentioned in my post. McCown literally blew a few games by playing like shit in the 4th quarter like he has all year. You can play stat warrior all you want but you’re very short sighted if you can’t see that. It’s funny how you are already judging the QBs in this draft before they have even taken a damn snap. Rosen, Darnold, or Allen could be special so we’ll have to wait and see on them.

NYJetsO12, dogg and BomberJet like this.
  4. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Judging them? Dude these guys have never taken a snap against an NFL defense. McCown has played in this league for how long on one shirty team after another?
    And it's me who is too short sighted?
    I don't think so.
    So you believe one of these QB's in this draft would have moved this team into the playoffs? Get real

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Mehta is the absolute worst.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I agree. We've done nothing to warrant any praise this year.

We couldn't even get tanking done right, and now we have to sit back and watch the Giants scoop up the franchise resurrecting elements (high pick, franchise QB, proven winning coach), that we should have gotten this year.

Instead, we stumble our way to 5 wins, which in truth could have been 8 or 9 but for lousy QB play in the clutch and ineffective, bland, play-not-to lose coaching from a guy who is clearly coaching up to the limits of his capability.

So welcome back Todd and bravo to the Jets for not sucking as bad as no-nothing "experts" thought, but not bad enough to actually have an positive impact on the future of the team.

BTW, has it occurred to anyone that Mehta is only complementing Bowles to deflect the inevitable shit storm he'll be facing in retribution for the (unfair and incorrect) hatchet job he did on Doug Marrone, who is currently coaching an over-achieving team into the play-offs.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

More clickbait to get Jets fans riled up. Anyone who sees anything particularly good about the current status of the Jets is in my opinion completely delusional, and the facts support my position, not Mehta's.

Cman68, NYJetsO12, dogg and 2 others like this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nothing says you are heading in the right direction like inheriting a 4 win team and three years later winning 5 games.

Only a lobotomy patient would interpret that type of improvement as a team heading in the right direction.

Cman68, NYJetsO12, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't know about top 10, but McCown was certainly top 15 this season and it wasn't nearly enough on this team.

and no, he didn't literally blow games. We had double digit leads in the 4th quarter several times courtesy of McCown and the we blew those leads in a variety of ways.
    We definitely need a long term answer at QB, but the QB position really wasn't the main problem on this team for once.....and we still sucked.

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Been Going in the same Direction For years Its Not Same old its worse :)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Imagine Having to pay money to watch this Shyte today ROFLMAO

12. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Dreadful isnt it absolute dross

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Jacksonville game he literally tried to give away, he was absolute trash in the Broncos and Tampa game, the Carolina game he basically made a rookie Sanchez mistake and from there the wheels off, the Miami game he played like shit with missing open guys in the 4th quarter. Look, he has played well at times throughout the year but if he plays better in key spots, this team has another 2-3 more wins. A top 10 qb is winning some of games McCown failed to finish

#33 94Abraham, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    NYJetsO12, dogg, BomberJet and 2 others like this.
  14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

McCown played like what he is ...a career backup

NYJetsO12 and jets_fan like this.
  15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

they are the same ol jets until they stop being the same ol jets and I dont see that happening any time soon under the present regime

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Did someone say Marrone? Thanks Manish for your stupid hitjob. It's a new low. Getting screwed over by the beat writer. Only the Jets.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rare that I agree with Champ but spot on here.

NYJetsO12 and JetBlue like this.
  18. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

If he writes something good, he should get rewarded, no?

19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Tried reading this but couldn't get through the first few paragraphs of this nonsense.

This is a team being led by a coach who doesn't even know how to properly use a timeout and has no hope of acquiring the QB necessary to pull us out of the cellar. Until those two things are rectified, we can't be said to be heading in the right direction.

#39 jets_fan, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No , fuck him. At least till he hitch hikes home from the draft.