Mt. Gox (Bitcoin) goes down

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Has he ever mentioned Ripple or Lumen? It seems like such a bullish market that every coin has doubled in value at the very least over the past month.

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I believe so. And yes the market has been bullish but he has pinpointed certain coins (EOS, OMG,SALT, POPOLOUS) and all of them have performed very well. Like almost anywhere between 500%-2000% gains I believe.

3. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

So in $ value, I have about the same amount of Bitcoin as Litecoin. Thinking about selling all my Btc for Ltc. Smart or dumb move? Thanks

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean who knows with this stuff except for soxxxxxx's magic oracle.

Personally I'd prefer to have the flexibility of being able to sell one and buy the other if there's a big price drop and play the market. I just did this with some LTC when BTC dropped. Sold some and bought BTC under 17K. I'll sell the BTC and buy LTC back when the time seems right.

cgrec likes this.
  5. Cidusii

Is the Flippening finally happening?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Coinbase added bitcoin cash and it exploded!

#186 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

These guys may have a pretty good idea:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/how-the-winklevoss-twins-found-vindication-in-a-bitcoin-fortune/ar-BBH2r2i?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Keep close to 50-50.

Work on putting more into etherum, which is my plan going forward.

cgrec likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Its funny to watch peoples reaction to BCH being added to coinbase. It is just more FUD, right now Bitcoin is down, but in a week from now, or a few days it will be right back to where its at.

Perfect reason why you should diversify though, my account took a small hit but im still up from where I was 2 days ago.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/coinbase-bitcoin-insider-trading/

11. Cidusii

Either way I'm pretty happy. I have relatively more BCH than BTC in terms of number of coins, so any switch in value wouldn't be too bad. I honestly don't think BTC will be the long term coin at this stage, and BCH is the better of the two, but whether they will actually flip in value and users is a big question. If it happens, would it tank the whole market?

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm curious why you like BCH better? I know the block size is bigger and it makes for quicker transactions - that's about it.

Don't go all psycho religious about my coin on me now - surprised how people get this way now.

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

No that was a good move, he did it intentionally to avoid conflict of interest.

LTC price is about to skyrocket even more, even thought its been skyrocketing like crazy.

I heard once ETH hits $1000, the afterburners are going to come on and it will soar even more.

15. Cidusii

Mostly just that solution to slow transactions. The whole lightning network seems like such a convoluted way of dealing with the issue by Bitcoin.

Personally I'm more interested in stuff like Ethereum, Ripple, Siacoin as long term solutions to different problems. Bitcoin is the first, but I don't know that it'll be the last.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

List reasons why you like those in particular. Just curious, its hard to research every last coin out there, which I am sure you are aware of.

17. Cidusii

I like them for technology rather than potential gains in the short term.

Ethereum: Smart contracts, seems to be fairly trusted overall. A bit worrying they can't handle cryptokitties though lol.

Ripple: Very fast transaction times, low cost, usable as an actual currency. Could be this or Iota that ends up being a standard currency.

Siacoin: Basically a way of decentralising data storage. The coin is meant to be what you would buy/pay for the data to be stored by anyone wanting to host. Neat idea.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Throwing money at Siacoin as I type this.

I am in it for the technology, but im mostly in it for the money. IDC if the coin is complete crap, its making me money I will ride with it.

This whole market though has been fairly good for most coins in general. All 10 or so coins I have invested have all brought me in a strong amount of profit.

*Trader Boss saying to buy into Siacoin, which you mentioned, also DGB, and Library Credits.

DGB is 5 cents right now, going to pour money into that one for sure.

#198 SOXXX2, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Coinbase better step it up, expected 2.5 million people to join between Christmas and New years.....and they cant function as is.

20. Cidusii

I'll put money in a coin I'm not too caring about for the short term, but there are certain coins I'll hodl long term, including Eth, Ripple, and Sia. They're at a price point where, even if everything crashes down drastically, I don't mind just leaving them for the future.

Money-wise, I wish I had gotten into Verge early enough haha. Held off yesterday, and it went up another 100%. John McAfee endorses it, and it shoots to the moon! Something crazy like 1600% in a couple months.