Disney buying most of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by 101GangGreen101, Dec 14, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

In the age of binge-watching when Amazon and Netflix pumping out original content, the old-time cinema is getting obsolete fast.
    How many original movies Hollywood produces each year? Something worthy $100 trip to a movie theater? 1, maybe 2 a year?

Netflix and Amazon produces original shows all the time; well worth the subscription fees.
    This might turn out to be a brilliant sale @ the high for Fox.

It looks like Disney is doing what ESPN was doing -- purchasing rights to high-ticket items to prevent competition from entering. The problem is, I'm not sure if the interest to those items justifies the cost. At least Disney will have some original content worth watching (unlike espn).

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Disney is likely setting up for it's own streaming service.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

They have been eyeing this move since before blockbuster died. My dad knows a former VP of Rogers video (blockbusters biggest competitor in Canada, not sure if they were in the U.S.) When Rogers seized operations of this portion of the business in 2012 he said studios realized Netflix and OnDeamnd streaming were the future and it was a matter of time before they begun setting up their own to control their own content. He also said Disney would come first as the demand for their back catalog is higher then any other studio. I suspect we will see most studios go the way of WWE with a monthly subscription based network with endless hours of on demand content.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Get ready for even more super hero films...

At least I can thankfully say, Kevin Fiege will bring my boys Silver Surfer and Galactus to the screen...Galactus deserves a whole phase around him as a villain

Red Menace likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Damn it. Outbid again

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Isn't Galactus considered Unbeatable?

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He has been beaten before few times...Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet beat him and many others...But he is the perfect threat to introduce phase 4.

The reason why I think Galactus is great is because like Thanos he is super interesting, and he isn't really a true villain. He just is one hungry mofo, but he can have quite a presence. Also he brings with him his 7 heralds, including the Surfer who honestly deserves a whole film

I'd want to see this
    [​IMG]