Kate Steinle Killer Walks Scot-Free, WHAAAAAAT

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Dec 1, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Shame on you, San Francisco. Those jurors should be vilified. How the HELL is this not even Involuntary Manslaughter?! I am absolutely dumbfounded. It's not even like her family got OJ'd. Zarate ADMITTED it, even though his story changed a few times. This is embarrassing. And just to pre-empt anyone and everyone with accusations of racism as to my opinion on this, how about a resounding no. This was 100% political.

Zarate said the gun accidentally discharged (yeah, OK), then he said he was shooting at seals in the bay (which, if he killed one, he'd be in far more trouble than what he got gifted with), then he said when he unwrapped the gun, it accidentally went off, then he said he stepped on the gun and it went off. Then he threw the illegal gun that he found and ran (this much is true). He pulled that trigger, even if he didn't mean to shoot and kill someone. How is that not freaking punishable?! Throw an M-80 in a movie theatre and see what happens to you whether or not someone gets injured. What was this jury thinking? This is complete and utter bullshit.

If you strike and kill someone with your car, even if you're not under the influence or driving recklessly, you could still be in big trouble depending on the circumstances. All he got convicted of was illegal possession of a firearm . . . yeah, that he killed someone with. How does that even make any sense?! BECAUSE he was in illegal possession of a firearm, somebody died, hello. I feel so badly for her family. Let's be frank, if this was an American citizen regardless of race or ethnicity or a legal immigrant regardless of race or ethnicity, you're going up the river. Those jurors should be ashamed of themselves.

The guy was deported 5 times, and now it looks like deportation #6 is on the way. Thanks a lot.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Was manslaughter on the table or did the prosecution only go for a murder charge?

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  3. jetophile

^Yes, it was. The jury had a choice between 1st Degree Murder, 2nd Degree Murder, and Involuntary Manslaughter. They rejected all of them, and only convicted him on the gun charge, which carries a three year sentence. He was in jail for two, so it looks like he'll just get deported again and that's it. Sick.

4. JetBlue

Wow, just wow.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If this had been a citizen who had shot an illegal immigrant the streets of San Francisco would have been on fire. People would have been marching and carrying signs about the racists among them.

RuJFan likes this.
  6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

F California, they will reap what the sow.

NY, NJ, Detroit, Chicago ain't far behind them. Violent criminals released to roam the streets. Politics before public safety.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yup, same people crying for stricter gun laws let the people breaking the current gun laws walk.
    oh the hypocrisy

RuJFan and jetophile like this.
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What a time to be alive (or murdered).[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. jetophile

I meant to say that Zarate threw the gun into the ocean in OP. Sorry for that omission, and also the gun was recovered. I leave out words or repeat words sometimes. A brain thing.

I realize it's a state by state thing, but we had a tragic incident in my neighborhood a couple of years ago that was totally preventable. A guy who had a permit and a completely legal gun that he just bought (he owned a few others) was messing around like a jackass. His gf was not comfortable around guns, and the guy may also have had a minor screw loose. Gun was loaded and he was showing it off to her, she handed it back to him, muzzle towards her, she got shot in the chest, died instantly. That idiot got 9 years for 2nd Degree Manslaughter, and yes, it was an accident, but he was reckless and didn't practice gun safety in any way on this. I think the sentence was fair if you know the circumstances of the case, but the jury really agonized because the plaintiff was so remorseful. My next door neighbor knows one of the jurors, who he talked to a few days after the sentence went down. Anyway, they did the right thing IMO and voted guilty. So, let's compare. Zarate shot an illegal gun into a crowd and walked because it was an accident, too. Mull this entire paragraph over.

EDIT & P.S.: If anyone wants to know what case I was referring to, you can PM me. I just don't want to shout out where I live.

#9 jetophile, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. JetBlue

This what is known by a certain political ideology as progress.

11. jetophile

The Steinle family is not overly fond of Trump, but that's disgusting. Shame on that person. And yeah, the defense referenced Trump quite a bit during the trial. It worked.

#11 jetophile, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Clearly the prosecution couldn't do a good enough job to convince a group of random jurors.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see if San Fran turns him over this time. DOJ has another warrant out for him on a violation of a previous sentence so he might do another 2 years federal time, ADX Florence would be a good spot for him.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

very sad

15. jetophile

Not guilty of INVOLUTARY MANSLAUGHTER?! C'mon, now. Those jurors need their heads examined. If you found a loaded gun and pulled the trigger whether or not you were high as a kite and someone perished because of your actions, you're in trouble. He isn't. Let's be real here.

16. jetophile

They'll probably give him a parade instead.

JetBlue likes this.
  17. JetBlue

The facts of the case, and his own story, are the very definition of involuntary manslaughter at the least. Unless the prosecutor didn’t bring up anything about the case and just played Looney Tunes episodes, the verdict is an indictment of the jury and not the prosecutor.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#18 joe, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

These same people who acquitted this multiple felon voted for Hillary... let that sink in.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I go the the range a couple days a week, I carry a gun every day. I have zero tolerance for sloppy gun handling.
    There are no gun related "accidents" as far as I'm concerned, there's only negligent discharges. Even considerng a negligent discharge, proper gun handling should leave no one harmed... other than egos and perhaps ear drums.