Enough is enough. Play Petty For Gods sake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Nov 12, 2017.

1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

You give a shit, Francis. Thanks.

FJF likes this.
  2. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

And that is an indictment on Petty.

FJF likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Uh, because we have absolutely ZERO faith that the CS knows what they're doing. IOW: SHOW US! Play Petty or Hack, I don't give a shit which one first, and PROVE that they can't do it (although I actually don't think Hack can, I still would prefer giving him a chance over playing McCown at this point),

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, with the only addition that you need to also include Macc in this indictment. After all, HE'S the one who decided to not draft Watson or Mahomes, while knowing he had shit for QBs going into this season.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

ulnar
    Great point.
    On a more general basis, I often wonder how much input does the CS have on the draft? Surely they must be part of the ranking, source selection and board room build up? Mac might move get set the ranking, and pass on offense versus defense and vice-versa based on the ranking, but I have a hard time believing he would draft a QB without a consensus from the CS.
    I hope that Mac doesn't just spring a "what-the-fuck was that ", particularly in the early rounds, without knowing from the CS if they have some major concerns with that particular individual.
    One can Only can only hope the OC And QC weigh in the QB selection moving forward. There is got to be a joint commitment that the next drafted QB has sufficient intangibles to work with, develop and give him every chance to succeed.
    I guess from reading some of the feedback here one gets the impression that Mac pulled Hack out of his ass Over the objections of the coaching staff.