Enough is enough. Play Petty For Gods sake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Nov 12, 2017.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I like Jackson so they can have him.

FJF likes this.
  2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Well lets just agree to disagree because :

there has been no effort to determine Petty's ceiling because he simply has not had enough playing time to make that case. If you think 3 games is enough, well that's just inane.

McCown makes the OL look worse than it is because he can't make quick enough decisions to get rid of the ball fast enough...can Petty do better? I certainly do and it is debatable....but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's not possible.

We are not wining this year, so let's not use this word as part of an argument to justify McCown taking all the snaps. Maybe 'winning' in your vocabulary is not the same as mine but having more losses than wins does not make for a winning year.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Yes. We'll agree to disagree. We don't watch Petty in practice, so the decision to keep him as a back up is based on a body of work, and not just 3 games. If you think they have based their opinion on 3 games, well, that's just insane.

The OL makes the OL look bad. Not McCown.

No. My definition of winning is the same as any normal person. Putting in a QB who is worse than the current QB is not a winning formula. I don't know what a "winning" formula is to you, but putting in a worse QB is not a good formula.

FJF likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Do we really want Petty playing behind the worst starting center in the NFL?

5. BomberJet

Don't forget to place 'imo' on this because that's all you have to go by. Worse? With a 4-6 record, the 'formula' you have in mind seems a bit toxic.:rolleyes:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the facts are that the bills, who are at 5-4, benched taylor to start a rookie 5th round pick. the gm and coach, who both came from carolina, have experience with a sucessful rebuild, unlike our gm who came from houston. houston is still having qb problems. meanwhile, the ever clueless jets , start a 38 yr old qb in a season where the team is rebuilding, just like the bills. i would bet you that if the bills gm and hc were running the jets, you woould see both petty and hackenberg starting games after the bye so those guys can properly evaluate both those guys under regular season actual game conditions. no wonder we still are seaching forever for a franchise qb. while teams like the pats , dallas, seattle, denver start 3rd, 4th, 6th ,and 5th round qbs, our picks are rotting on the bench.

7. ChrebetCrunch

It's an objective observation that McCown is a better QB than Petty. Not an opinion.

Yankjetfan and Jets69 like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Some people here continue to pound the floor with the now moribund catch frase, " McCown give us the best chance to win this year" while the rest of us are simply saying so what? is not about this year at all, period end of story. Not any more, Never was. It was about finding a QB for the future through trial and error.
    It's not like we are tied for the division lead, we are in last place with the strenght of the schedule still ahead of us.
    We are threading water with a perennial back up trying to scrap enough wins to beat his life time poor record just to justify another year of Bowles. Yeh, another year of Bowles, with McCown or may be another has been QB so we can repeat this death cycle.
    Mean time other NFL teams with QB issues have no qualms about making changes, with even better records and a more legitimate chance at the playoffs.
    Reality will soon set in, and even if by some miracle in this sea of AFC mediocrity we squeak in we will be trashed during the first round. Then what? We will aspire to have another year of open competition BS,what a fucking joke.
    Yet if this superior HC staff had convinced themselves and many here that they know what they are doing, one must wonder why are Petty and Hack still on the team? Why didn't we draft/traded for more talent? If Petty and Hack are not at least as adept as McCown to handle off the ball to the RBs in most predictable fashion, why even have them. Petty earned a shot in pre season and we shit all over him, At least he would not kill us with boredom and taking all day to release the ball.
    I point the blame squarely at Bowles and the unwillingness to take chances nor allow people to grow, until it's too late and we will prove nothing. Same Bowles that kept Revis on the line up last year because he gave us the best chance to win BS.
    The best chance to win one or two more games means nothing for us, while the best chance to find a real QB MEANS EVERYTHING. THAT SHOULD BE THE STRATEGY. Much better to establish the facts about Petty and Hack now that do nothing like always.

9. ChrebetCrunch

You don't put in a QB for what could be when you know what you already have. McCown gives this team the best chance to win, and that is an indictment on Petty. This isn't Madden or fantasy football, and organizations don't stop playing for a playoff spot because some Monday morning QBs want to see a back up play and fail.

McCown gives this team the best chance to win. I like saying it because it triggers the Petty apologists.

Mogriffjr and FJF like this.
  10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

How are you so certain NFL coaches haven't established the facts (that they are not good enough to start)? Yet some slapdick key board crybaby whining to other tiki torch carrying, cessna flying crybaby know-it-all neer do wells, has all the answers. Turn your hidden cameras at florham park off, tell your spies to take a hike and............RUN TO YOUR NEXT NFL COACHING JOB!!!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with threads that are repetitive and suck. Most of the fans in here are bipolar whiny clowns. Do yourselves a favor and don't watch the Jet this season.

Mogriffjr, FJF and ChrebetCrunch like this.
  11. ChrebetCrunch

Dude. Don't you know that some of TGG posters are former NFL talent scouts who have been blacklisted from the NFL because they knew too much about football?

Mogriffjr and soh_vet like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its a known fact that hack and petty are not allowed in the facility during practice so there is no way bowles could know if they can play.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You just don't get it. This IS A REBUILDING TEAM!!! It's not a playoff team, so it isn't about how many games they can win this year. It's about finding out who can help them going forward and developing those players. It should be all about finding out if Petty can develop into "the guy."

McCown is shit. He isn't the future. Even if he could lead the team to 8 wins instead of 6, what effing good does that do? I'll answer for you...NONE!!!! All it accomplishes is screwing up draft position, making it harder and cost more to try to trade up for a QB and fails to learn anything about Petty and Hack. They wouldn't stop playing McCown so the fans can see some backup play. That's just stupid!!! They would stop playing him to see what Petty can do and give him a chance to develop further. And you don't know that he would fail, so just stop with the BS.

Even if Petty's ceiling is just being a backup, getting him all the experience and helping him learn and develop as far as possible is in the Jets' best interests. Playing McCown doesn't help them in the least. If you think the Jets are making the playoffs this season, you are beyond delusional.

I'll also say that you knuckleheads who think you know what Petty is and can be at this point are full of shit and too full of yourselves.

edray10 likes this.
  14. ChrebetCrunch

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. We don't need to find out about Petty. He is a back up QB.

FJF likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Which is more than we can say about McCown at this point. He has been, and will always be butt dreadful. We have a long history to prove it.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit if you stopped reading? I'm not surprised. You're a know-it-all, who really knows nothing. You're just yet another dumbass jerk who this site would be better off without.

17. BomberJet

There , i made the correction since that is what you really meant - :rolleyes:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. BomberJet

Seriously, if you think because those here want to see a change of QB because of this, you really , really don't have a clue. I won't waste long paragraphs to try to explain why since you find it a chore to read the arguments.

Fact : the Jets are 4-6 and in last place and you keep insisting that McCown gives them the best chance to win. If that is the case, lets win the remaining games of the season and go 4-12.

19. ChrebetCrunch

You know what a straw man argument is? Look it up. You are clueless.

20. ChrebetCrunch

No. Objective. Thanks.