Kaepernick files collusion grievance

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good luck proving that

3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Right. No one is blackballing Sackorpick. He's just a drama queen and seeking attention. No shortage of kneelers this year for sure.

GordonGecko likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no, he is not worth the noise that comes with him, if he was good he would be playing. but that has nothing to do with my original post in ths thread,good luck proving collusion

GordonGecko likes this.
  5. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

It's not collusion. It's just that he's not that good. He started to show it long before kneeling.

You can't really draw any comparison to Fitz. Fitz is just good enough at times as seen today when he nearly brought Tampa bay back from a 31 point deficit. Nearly. The fact is he's good at coming off the bench. As crappy as he can play I'd rather have Fitz to come in as backup because he usually sparks the team. He's an upper level backup almost good enough to be a starter. He's proven it throughout his career so teams sign him. Today is a good example of why.

Kaepernick is a distraction without that proven track record. It's not collusion. It's not racism. Dak, Tyrod, Cam etc. are all playing aren't they?

Had he started taking a knee but was playing well he'd still have a job.

Of course now he's even less likely to get signed by anyone. Someone may have taken a chance in a pinch but this makes him look like more of a distraction.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bingo. Not to mention that everyone calling for him to be signed for these quarterbacks like Carr or Mariota who will miss in the 2-6 week range is an idiot.

Remember how long it took Matt Cassel to get acclimated to the Cowboys offense when Romo went down? I think 3+ weeks if I remember correctly. You don't just get signed by a team and then jump right into the starting lineup.

You get a binder as big as a college textbook to learn, not to mention all new receivers and offensive lineman to create a repoir with overnight.

People just can't grasp the fact that he's not good enough to come with the distractions. Just like bringing Tebow here and along with him reporters from all over the god damn country.

LeSean McCoy said it perfectly. Give me a minute and I'll find the quote.

GordonGecko and MoWilkBeast like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

LeSean McCoy on why Kaerpernick is not on an NFL roster...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20445286/colin-kaepernick-not-good-enough-player-distraction

"It's a lot more than just he's not on the team because he doesn't want to stand for the national anthem," McCoy said Thursday. "That may have something to do with it, but I think also it has a lot to do with his play. I'm sure a lot of teams wouldn't want him as their starting quarterback. That chaos that comes along with it, it's a lot.

"As a team, trying to win and not have a distraction on the team, I just take that as a player -- there's certain players that could be on the team with big distractions, and there's other players that it's not good enough or not worth it. I think his situation is not good enough to have him on the team with all the attention that comes along with it. I'm sure if a guy like [Tom] Brady or a guy like whoever is your favorite player -- Odell Beckham or a guy like that -- you'll deal with that attention and play him."

Philadelphia Eagles teammate of McCoy in 2009 after spending time in prison on federal dogfighting charges.

"He's 10 times better than Kaepernick," McCoy said of Vick. "You'll deal with that situation, that attention, that media aspect of it. The good, the bad attention you'll get. Compared to Kaepernick, it's like, he's not really that good [enough] of a player to deal with.

"So people outside of sports don't really know that. They see only one side of black guy standing up for a good reason [and] the NFL is against him, but I think it's more than that. I think it has to do with some of that. But also, dealing with him with him on the team you're trying to build together. There's so many outsiders [that] can mess up a team. I can see both sides, I really can."

McCoy opined Thursday that Kaepernick, who remains unsigned as the start of the regular season approaches Sept. 7, would not make the roster of "certain teams" in the NFL.

"You just got to look at all sides," McCoy said. "Like, if I'm an owner or the GM of a team, do I want to put him on my team? Is he good enough to be on the squad, to even deal with everything that's going on? That's something that I don't really partake in."

GordonGecko likes this.
  8. Thewatchfuleye

A player like Brady might draw attention but you're getting something in return. He'll get press coverage, he'll get mentioned a lot he'll get centered upon but who would you rather have come that 2 minute drill Brady or Kaepernick?

Same goes for Fitz, he'll throw picks, he tries to force it too much, but on the flip side he's clearly a smart guy who's capable of learning a team's offense on very short notice this he always looks like a million bucks as a backup and gets along with players. You see other backups come in stumble through basic plays but when Fitz comes in he always looks ready to run it to perfection or as close as he can get with his abilities. He's almost too good at it though, if teams were smart enough to sit him after instead of signing him as starter for a year or two he'd get you through a pinch like the one GB is now in and probably get you a couple of wins until the starter recovers. I don't fault him for it, I just fault the teams for not realizing it.

The other thinkg Kaep doesn't bring to the table as a backup is enough league experience/mentoring. You get someone like McCown now he's been around the league but he's not a distraction he comes in and works. What's Kaep going to offer to a rookie QB as a backup or starter?

If you're going to take a gamble you're almost better gambling on someone like Manziel who seems as of late like he's interested in turning things around, though he'll likely have to shake his stigma in the CFL for a year unless someone gets desperate. He was young and got his hands on money and booze but those can be overcome if he has talent it's something he didn't really have time to showcase a lot because of his distraction. With Kaep you saw the results before the distractions and at best he was OK.

There are plenty of similar players too, look at the Bills with Watkins, always injured playing poorly so for whatever reason whether he didn't get along with McDermott or whatever they got rid of him then he was complaining this week he wasn't being utilized right but only catches for 11 yards. Lots of drama with no results. Not worth it.

All he's really doing is getting himself permanently blacklisted because no one wants to deal with the drama. There are games to play and prepare for film to watch, coaches and owners want players on that page. I'll be surprised if he plays in the NFL again.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

He already said last week he will stand for the anthem. So ... according to him he is being blackballed because he stands for the anthem after all??

This guy is a blabbering idiot. He should've filed this grievance before he caved, not after.
    Is it any wonder nobody wants to deal with this moron?

GordonGecko likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/n...at-least-1-contract-to-play-up-the-race-card/

Who knows how true this is but I suspect it will all come out in court if it is. We do know the Ravens story is accurate, at least if you believe Ray Lewis it is.

11. Thewatchfuleye

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Antoni likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kaeperdick fucked up. The Packers might be interested in signing him now that they need a QB but they won't go near a grievance like this. Wait until after the season dude

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The guy is a total piece of shit.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Whether he was going to be cut by the 49ers or not (reportedly John Lynch told him they were going to cut him), he still ends up as a player that chose to opt out of his contract. He should've waited to be cut and he would've had a better case for any of this.

How can this be taken seriously when he exercised his player option to drop off his current team?

18. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Is he going to file similar grievances against the CFL and Arena League as well?

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saw today that he was asked to go to the meeting about the Anthem protests with the league and he turned it out? How can anyone take this guy seriously. First he kneels, then we find out he doesn't vote. Then he says he will stand for the anthem if he gets signed. Now he turns down a meeting which occurred because of his initial kneeling. Like what ????????????

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

he's fundamentally a bored suburban kid with no direction and easily influenced (especially by his girlfriend Nessa Diab). He has no idea where to go with this because he has no idea how he got here. Hope he saved some of that money while he was employed