Another great win for these young Jets. Make that 3 consecutive!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To a large extent we are having this discussion because in 2016 the CS made a decision to roll with Fitz come hell or high water, at a ludicrous cost and resulted in a dismal performance at the beginning of the season while all the horses were still trying to win. Petty, a green undeveloped rookie did not suck as bad as Fitz. That despicable move demonstrated that both Gailey, his midget brain staff and Bowles did nothing to develop the young QBs. NOTHING. Petty last year was thrown to the wolfs with minimal development and when the team was already a freaking joke and all the high paid veterans had already mailed it in. That is why we now have McCown, because Hack could not get up to speed fast enough, and Petty, who actually play damned well against the scrubs in pre season was once again not given a chance. So the only evidence in 2016 is that the CS could not develop nor assess shit in regards to a QB putting us in a hole in 2017.
    So now it is what it is, but thruth be known we pissed a way a whole year in 2016 and missed the opportunity to really develop and find out one way or the other what the kids can do.
    If this continues, we will most likely rinse and repeat in 2018 with another developmental QB, unless Morton tells Bowles to stop living in the past.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I trust the professional coaches more than unhappy fans.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The proffessional coaches that made the dismal QB decisions beginning in 2016 leading to this mess are all home watching senior golf on TV.

#223 LAJet, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Why do they have to play McCown? Where is it written that you absolutely have to play a useless vet?

More importantly, how much you wanna bet they will NOT stray from McCown no matter what happens?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Unless somewhere along the way a Mo Lewis style intervention happens, McCown will take snaps this entire season. Probably will be re-signed for next year too. Think of it as Fitz 2.0..
    Just the way it is man..

6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The Pats slam McCown and he's out of the game.
    The Jets slam Brady and he's out of the game.

Petty vs. Galápagos :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cman68 likes this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I do too. It's a shame our HC is not one of them

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And that's what really pisses me off. Fitz disaster and now this shit... Professional coach my ass :mad:

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Turd Bowles he gives us the best chance to win

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Brady would keep playing if his leg fell off just to beat the Jets. Here's hoping you tear your ACL Tom!

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

People complain about Bowles losing the locker room. If he switched from McCown to Petty when the team is 3-2 and playing the Pats for first place, he really would lose the locker room.

TonyFtLaud, TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't complain about him losing locker room. In fact, I hope you'd loose the key to it :)

I know he can't switch at this time. Noone who wants a chance to coach would do it.
    I just wish he never started McCown in the 1st place. I supported getting a vet, but as a backup, not as a starter.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Landry is a #2, he gets a lot of volume but is not a game-breaker. Wouldn't mind him, but i'm not spending a ton on him

Watkins is injury prone and can disappear for games at a time

Jeffery is a HUGE disappointment, had 1 big year in Chicago and is more of a possession receiver in PHI

Pryor sucks. He's 28 and is super athletic but still learning the WR position

Cousins could be good, but I personally, am not a huge fan

Bradford, Bridgewater? Not worth wasting the time on

Graham hasnt done anything since he parted ways with Drew Brees

Eifert is a walking surgery

Solder has been flat out bad this year, take a flier on the cheap with him (if the Pats even let him go)

15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The Steelers are notorious for losing against lesser competition. Every year the Steelers have these kind of losses and paired with the the fact that that locker room is in turmoil with Big Ben claiming he may not have it anymore, Leveon Bell wanting the ball more, Antonio Brown being Odell Beckham Jr. #2 with the antics and the diva attitude, and Martavis Bryant being a no show. Oh and Vilanueva being forced to apologize for being the only one to come out and stand for the national anthem. The Steelers have a fractured locker room

Also, the Jags are not that great of a team but if you don't take them seriously they will beat you. They didn't rely on Bortles to win the game because they know they can't rely on him. So they rely on the 2 strengths of that team (Defense and Leonard Fournette)

ajax and TonyFtLaud like this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Sadly all are improvements over our current roster .
    I posted Solder as he is the top 2018 offensive line free agent expected to hit the market. There doesn't seem to be much talent available to bolster the O line in free agency come next season so I feel it should be addressed in the draft.

STARoSCREAM likes this.
  17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol bump! Typical Jets , nothing passes me off anymore than getting embarresed by NE

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Did you wipe the sperm off your cheek yet OP?

Jets won because they played shit teams.

When the play a real team they look pathetic.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I wouldn't say trailing in the 4th by 10 against N.E is "pathetic".

The only pathetic thing are the fans who predicted 0-16, 1-15, 2-14 & 3-13 records only to see them win 3 consecutive during weeks 3, 4 & 5.

"Crap teams" lol.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wipe the sperm off my face?

Did you see that ASJ TD genius?!? Refs called it back. Worst call in all of my history of watching football.

Jets should literally be down by 3 points during the 4th Q with damn near 7 minutes remaining.

So no. How about you go and whipe that clueless look off your face.

Jets didn't win 3 consecutive because of "shit teams". Jets won 3 consecutive because they're more talented & better than genius fans such as yourself could've imagined. And still in denial.

Down 3 vs. N.E (4th Q). That's what it should be. If you think ASJ & N.Y didn't get robbed and cheated on that TD well then you're a Patriots fan.