Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Either way they'll be pissing, moaning, and crying. And will tell ya what's up and why it sucks and who sucks while they're at it.

Go Jets! As stupid as that is...

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You think 35 yards of offense in first half is going to get it done against the Pats next week?

I don't see the team through green colored glasses, I see the good, the bad and the ugly.

Right now they don't have a team good enough to compete against the Pats.

Or did you forget what the raiders did to the Jets already?

I will root for a victory by jets, but I'm aware of Bellichicks ability to make teams one dimensional, and forcing teams to beat them by being one dimensional, I hope jets find a way to maintain a balanced offense it's the only way they have a chance.

Asking Mcown to sling them to a victory is a tough request.

Cmon, be realistic.

#22 Red Menace, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Pats have extra time to prep for the Jets and although division games have a tendency of being close or toss ups. I have a hard time seeing the Jets overcoming the fire power of the Pats. Also, Belichek will abuse the jets linebackers who year in and year out cannot cover a TE to save their lives. Look for Gronk to have a big game IMO

4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Ealy comes back. Has 10 unassisted tackles, 2 sacks and knocks Brady out of the game. Hell. A guy can dream right?

6. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

The Jets did not look good at all against the Browns- but a win is a win. I think the team knows if they play this way, they will get destroyed by the Patriots. Hoping Bowles coaches them up, because the crowd will be JUICED UP!!

Red Menace likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hate Gronk and Amendola ...always coming up big for them just when Shady Brady needs it

As I recall the Jets beat famed Champs NE Patsies under one HC Todd Bowles

Can lightening strike twice next week??? Dunno

Refs better the Football pressure is all I can say

FlaJet likes this.
  8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Won't be surprised if reality hits us right in the face and Belicheat has his way with us.

With that said, I won't be mad if we win. Fuck the Pats, always and forever.

9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

The announcers mentioned Wilkerson twice today....when he made two stupid penaltys. One good thing about Bowles and Maccaganan is they have shown no hesitation getting rid of overpriced dead weight. And Mo certainly is that right now.

You need to put pressure on Brady to beat him. I don't think this team can make him move his feet enough to beat him.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The fact that we are even in the position to have a meaningful game and people are bitching is a fukin oxymoron....

but you can't spell oxymoron without
    the ox.o_O

11. grkmanga31

Wilkerson looks washed out there. Lacks the effort and burst he used to have and I expect him to be cut after this season. If we want to win, we are going to have to pressure Brady up the middle, if we can't do that he will have all the time to sit in the pocket and pick the jets line backers and secondary apart.

SOJAZ and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I was firmly on the side that the Jets would be bad this year, and the fact is that they mostly have been, despite the fact that they've won three games in a row. Congratulating them for not being totally unprofessional and mailing it in five games into the season strikes me as absurd.

Having said that, I view this upcoming game as a win-win. If they actually beat New England then you have to start taking seriously that they could be a team playing meaningful games in December, and that they are probably too good to be aiming for a top 5 pick anyway. And if they lose (particularly if they play badly doing it) then they're right back in the thick of potentially getting a top 5 pick. I will root for a win and (unless it's a particularly devastating loss) not be particularly surprised or disappointed if they lose.

Of course, I still go back to what I've been saying all along - if the Jets were 3-2 playing Petty or Hackenberg I would be overjoyed. Unless it leads to a playoff berth, winning crappy games like this with McCown at QB accomplishes absolutely nothing, and I hate that he's playing.

SOJAZ, Cman68, dogg and 2 others like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS. LETS FUCKING GO BABY!!!!

Let's shock the world.

mute, FJF, Royal Tee and 2 others like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well that's the beauty of drafting two athletic, talented & physical SEC.Safeties in Adams & Maye rounds 1 & 2.

Of course Brady will find & hit Gronk. Impossible to completely stop it but Gronk may not have no walk in the park while doing so.

During the off-season i spoke of the importance of having two fast & physical Safeties in Adams (LSU) & Maye (FL) especially for Gronkowski specifically. I'm pumped this is a matchup Gronk vs. Adams/Maye that I've thought about since draft night.

15. John

John Active Member

wow this has to be our most meaningful game since week 17 vs Buffalo when we missed the playoffs

i am so pumped and will bring the noise at MetLife. Love Love Love what I'm seeing out of this team

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hope the Jets hand out Xanax to fans entering the stadium.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mute and Royal Tee like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And then dream turns nightmare as jimmy g goes on to win 6 rings
    Because Jets

dogg and tpaleologo like this.
  18. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

We're playing well, beyond anything I could've hoped for this year. Hope we can make it a good game at least But I don't expect to beat them

19. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If we play like we did against the Dolphins, we might have a shot, and at the very least, keep the game close. If we play like we did against the Browns, we're going to get blown-out.

SOJAZ and xxedge72x like this.
  20. grkmanga31

The problem is, you can go ahead and put adams on Gronk, and Maye on someone else, but the amount of weapons the Pats have and their ability to have running backs come out of the backfield and work against Darron Lee or Davis or both is very problematic. It'll be interested to see how Adams and Maye play though

NYJetsO12 and tpaleologo like this.