Gonna join in protest at the game tomorrow.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can we let this die? The NFL and the NFL players have and its only been a week and it's basically over with. Very few are kneeling during the anthem. They're kneeling before and then standing during the anthem.

Let it gooooooo.

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I love this country and it provides my family and I countless opportunities. I'm well aware of how fortunate I am to live here instead of a third world country in the Middle East. As I said later in my post, we're all privileged one way or another getting to live in this country.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Hey, watch it there. Some of us might take that personal.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I didn't read through any of this. I won't, either, because I'm bored with it. Back in 2009, the NFL decided that you couldn't take a knee in the EZ in celebration of a TD. Eric Decker forgot about the kneeling in the EZ rule and took a knee in 2011 and saluted vets on Veteran's Day weekend. He got fined for unsportsmanlike conduct. Yeah, this is a true story. Fined for unsportsmanlike conduct for taking a knee and saluting veterans. Decker is functionally literate, we know this, but he was dumbfounded. The NFL has greatly relaxed EZ celebrations as we all know, but I have no clue if kneeling in the EZ has specifically been reversed. PROBABLY NOT, BECAUSE KNEELING, THAT SHIT'S JUST WRONG (see sideline show)!

[​IMG]

I hope players start kneeling like mofos in the EZ and belt out the National Anthem in an Ethel Merman voice. I can't state it more strongly enough that I100% support the First - I'll never waffle. My sticking point is that the NFL is all over the place. Rapelisbeger got fined for writing I rape for Jesus - I mean, I play for Jesus on his sneakers. Tebow knelt every which was but loose, nothing happened. DeAngelo Williams was fined for honoring his Mom on his eyeblack re: breast cancer when the NFL goes all pink for breast cancer awareness. Players do prayer circles, totally allowed. Aaron Glenn got fined 10K for not having his jersey tucked in and his falling down socks, and now everyone looks like a slob. Taunting, not really sure what that means anymore. Do I make myself clear.

The most horrifying thing about the whole National Anthem thing is hearing me sing. I put my hand over my heart, and I sing it, that's right, suck it up. It's also why ear plugs were invented. I do try my damnedest, but I'm not a chanteuse, whaddaya want. The last thing you'll ever want to hear is me singing 'Some Enchanted Evening'. You'll blow your brains out just so your ears will stop bleeding.

#304 jetophile, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Are you saying white people can't dance?

6. FJF

The biggest problem is how to revamp how the police operate without making their job more dangerous

7. jetophile

Ummm . . .

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Simple... Kneel only when another unarmed person is killed by LEO's and state specifically in the media WHY the kneeling is happening. That would be more effective in driving the point of Police Brutality (assuming you believe it exists) home and take away the fake narrative that kneeling is somehow a protest against 1st responders, the military, etc.

9. jetophile

Jerry Jones has just announced that any players who don't stand for the anthem will be forced to sit out. That's of course after he locked arms with them and knelt two weeks ago. The game is losing money and so is he. Watch them all kneel. It's just a PR move. I'll post a link later.

I said it a few posts back. I do stand, put my hand over my heart and sing, but whatever, it's your move. I wouldn't consider NOT doing it. I wouldn't feel right in my own skin, and to me, it's like spitting on your own floor. And Military Appreciation Day, I appreciate the vets. That's shitty of me? Not to me, it ain't. Now I know this is about police brutality and racial injustice, which no-one is a fan of, but I'm still standing, and that's it. That by no means should be construed as support for cops shooting or kicking the crap out of people without cause. In fact, I would deeply resent it if I got crap over such an UNTRUE inference just because I'm honoring the flag.

I'd find myself getting annoyed when some fans would just rudely laugh and yak with their friends during the anthem and whatnot, but hey, maybe that's just me . . . but I don't think so. I mean, you have no manners and don't want to stand fine; but, can't you just STFU for three minutes if you're staying seated (this is NOT new, it's OLD - as in WAY long pre-Kaepernick)? Maybe it's also a generational thing, I don't know. Besides, my Daddy would've smacked me on the back of the head, and that pinky ring of his, OW! You didn't want to invite that on yourself, believe me.

Well, that's it, that's all I have left to say about it. Especially since it wound up having the exact opposite effect on me that was intended. The whole thing has succeeded in boring me shitless.

#309 jetophile, Oct 9, 2017
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tell that to Trump and Pence. Thanks to their little stunt everyone's going to be kneeling next week.

Newyawka and Royal Tee like this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't know why pence would do this. Just absolutely stupid. He knew damn well there would be players kneeling .total stunt, but the players kneeling is a stunt too. But I expect more from a vp than childish games.

FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Pence did it so next week half the league will be kneeling. The administration decided the best way to gain power is to distract the public from the important issues, divide them against each other, and ensure the base stays loyal. Can't blame them since the strategy has worked brilliantly. Funny how when the left is divisive they get punished in elections but when the right is divisive they get rewarded.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

A quarter of a million dollar stunt, fucking dipshits. Sometimes I wish I was a psychopath because half these politicians deserve a bullet in the head.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Can we let this die? Actually Funny reading the comments.
    Because some of you still don't understand wtf this is about and actually don't care to do some research.

It has nothing to to with the Military and service and all that BULLSHIT that you keep regurgitating right off your social feeds and cable channels

...and that is one of the big reasons people don't discuss it. Your mind is already made up and refuse to even understand, listen and realize what the protests are about.

Protesting IS American, and if you don't like it...welp, too fukin bad!!
    You don't even listen to the countless time protesters tell you that there are military family members and even military who support the protests.
    Nope, not good enough...your mind is made up...

Using your ignorance and logic,
    How disrespectful of Pence to Use the NFL as a place to protest!!
    I hope you guys are just as upset at your VP than at CK.

As I said, Love my country...I support the 2nd but We have a problem.

Cman68 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. FJF

Divide and distract isn't new to this administration,it's been the tool of choice for a while now.
    The left lost partly because they kept dividing to the point where they alienated too big of a group and we're left with too little supporters,partly because too many were pissed about their healthcare costs and partly because too few trusted Hilary Clinton regardless of what the alternative was.
    The right wasn't rewarded as much as they were looked at as the skinniest fat chic left at last call.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pence decided to "protest" on the budgets of american tax payers. 200,000 bucks to fly over to Indy and pull that bullshit stunt.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah. God forbid they just let it die. What an embarrassment and completely stole the thunder of Peyton Manning day especially when they got the W.

Jerry Jones is recognizing that this kneeling business is costing the league money. I wonder if more owners will start to hop on board. I can't imagine players taking a league wide strike. If the players are benched completely do they lose their game check? Probably not. But if they're deactivated do they? Still don't think so.

If the owners really want it to stop? Fine the players. They won't collectively hold out.

Richard Sherman for example makes $11.431 million in base salary. That equates to $1.399 million per game. You think he'll sacrifice a game check for this? I use him as an example because he's an outspoken guy in this league that I could potentially see holding out or something because of this. And I don't even see him doing that.

18. 101GangGreen101

Only money they are losing is the money via Department of Defense. This wouldn't have been an issue if Pence didn't stick his head at that stadium. Personally fining the players won't do any justice.

But I would like to see the NFL and specifically Jerry Jones bench all of his players. Would love to see it. I bet you he won't because he's a fucking hypocrite.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Fining the players would put a stop to it though even if it would create an uproar.

They are these players employers. You and I wouldn't dare be disrespectful to any entity while we worked in our cubicles. That's why I see where the owners and the NFL would be coming from if they truly wanted it to stop.

As alluded to, the NBA requires players to stand.

They mentioned on Highly Questionable that two players for the Cowboys had their firsts up during the National Anthem and Jerry didn't bench them. Not sure if this can be substantiated though or who it was.

20. 101GangGreen101

The thing is not all of the owners have a problem with it. There are currently 6 or 7 teams in the NFL that "require" their players to stand. We wouldn't dare be disrespectful, but at the same time when's the last time you were required to participate in a National Anthem at work? Are the players kneeling actually being disrespectful? If so, why do certain veterans support their cause? I think this is open conversation that both people that oppose the kneeling and support the kneeling need to discuss.

NBA and NFL associations are absolutely cut from a different cloth, the Owners work with the NBA players far better in comparison to the NFL. NFL owners, most don't give a crap about their own players as indicated shown by Jerry Jones. You can tell there is compassion for the NBA and especially from Adam Silver about the situation.

I would like to see Dez do it and see if Jones sits him.

#320 101GangGreen101, Oct 9, 2017