Awesome win for these young Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Mariota is a star? Since when? There was tons of hype about him in college, then he's looked average at best in the NFL.

Winston throws a better deep ball and seems to have more of that x-factor but he's been error prone.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's been a fan for about 5 years.

3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Mariota has been the exact opposite of average. His release/ ability to make decisions is outstanding and he's answered all the questions many had about him in Oregon. The only concern with him is health.

4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Great win. Who cares about next year? Go Jets, go Yanks.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Speaking of, he got hurt again.

His 61.5% completion rate and 231 yards per game say average.

6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Touting raw numbers without context or taking into account that he plays in a power offense built around two tight ends and two running backs?

Dom and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

You guys are a joke and an embarrassment to the fan base. Go root for the giants then. Because you clearly can't get excited by seeing your team play hard, play tough, and win. So you're not even really a fan
    We don't need you. We don't want you.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Wipe your nose. The adults are talking.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Usually it's after a loss that the accusations of being a bad fan come out. Sigh. How about if people root how they wish to root, and not worry about what other people are doing?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Awesome win???are you guys kidding me ????awesome win in October??? I can see it now ....with the Jets first pick in the first round The Jets select .....defense of lineman ??? Or better yet cornerback ???.......yeah right awesome win in October over the Jaguars ????someone pass me that weed you guys of been smoking!!!!!

11. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Jets could have won a Super Bowl in their history with the following QB's and did not win the SB not specifically because these players were our QB's:
    Richard Todd
    Ken O'Brien
    Vinny Testaverde
    Chad Pennington
    Mark Sanchez
    All of those QB's could have piloted a SB winning team, and the Jets didn't not win a SB because of them specifically.

hwismer and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jeez. So unhappy.

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

1000%correct. I have been preaching starting Petty since the first game. That to me is the one and may be only major issue with Mac and Bowles so far.

edray10 likes this.
  15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

k

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Did you read the rest of my post, I clearly stated I seen one game and the rest came from reports.
    I am in bed now I will gladly link the site to you tomorrow.

Also if you are affiliated with UCLA you have to remember that other people do not have this bias to your uni team and players, I have even less so as American colleges mean very little to an Englishman tbh, like I said I watched a link with darnald first match if season he was awful and included a genonrun the wrong way sack, next one I thought was Rosen who was average at best.

Still I will take your word that he has been awesome as he leads the UCLA to a 3-2 record atm too stuff indeed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...b-reexamining-hype-for-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

Tbf it just says he will throw a lot of interceptions in the NFL in that report but had played well mostly, wonder if it was Allen we watched now, will have to check back in the game thread.

#96 K'OB, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

There's no excuse for this type of ignorance. Why don't you take a look at the scores of the UCLA games, at the very least. And then try to minimize what Rosen has done when you see how many points the defense has given up.

Just an embarrassing declaration for you.

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

He's an amazing talent, I watch them every week. Sorry, once I read that line, I stopped reading.

At this point in the season, he's much better than Darnold as been. You can't go by records, his team is pretty lousy. Which is also why you can't pay attention to games where he throws the ball 60 times, they have 0 running game. Last night they played a pretty balanced game, and you have to see the kid play to appreciate how good he is. He throws NFL windows with ease, changes his release points, and can make every throw. His biggest issue sometimes is his overconfidence to make throws he shouldn't be making, but that's also one of his biggest pluses (kid is oozing with confidence). That said, I think the Jets will be out of the Rosen sweepstakes.

(BTW- I'm a Notre Dame fan. No allegiance to UCLA, I just regularly watch college football)

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

People are so negative in 2017. It's not just Jets fans I don't think. If the TANK was on and the Jets were (0-4) people would say FIRE MAC, FIRE BOWLES! Clean house. The Jets are a joke.

Instead the Jets win 2 in a row at home rewarding their loyal fans and people still complain it is hurting draft position. I think that is just the world these days.

Great win.

hwismer, ajax, nicg4360 and 3 others like this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's the journey not the destination. Unless you've been an unhappy miserable fuck for 35 years and your depends are always soiled

FanSinceBIGShea likes this.