Awesome win for these young Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 1, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

If we continue to fight hard and compete as a team throughout 2017, this upcoming offseason could be very exciting for us Jet fans considering the fact that we'll have a lot of cap space to continue improving this team.

What i love most about this two game win streak is that we're doing it with a really young team and these younger players are playing with heart.

I tried. But i couldn't do it. I can't root for these players to fail. Not for a college QB who A.) May not declare & B.) has looked mediocre in college this season. Let's be honest here none of these college QB's are guarantees; Saquon Barkley, HB out of Penn State is the best player in all of college football. There. I said it.

So no. I can't do it. I'm having too much fun pulling for young players like Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Leonard Williams, Kony Ealy, Seferian-Jenkins, Robby Anderson and Elijah McGuire etc, etc and enjoying the heck out of a household Jet in Bilal Powell.

What would it say about the future of these players with an 0-16 type of season? The next great QB prospect would become the next Ryan Leaf who never had a chance.

I hope to see us keep fighting and continue to learn how to win. Today we found out how to win in overtime even after a 4th quarter Meltdown.

And I've been tough as nails on Bowles I've wanted him gone due to situational play calling decision makings but he's starting to impress me as a head coach. Not only are the Jets the least penalized team in the NFL since he took over but our locker room is as close & tight as it's ever been and coach Bowles deserves a little respect for that. These players are responding to his calm demeanor.

Great win for N.Y. Should have so much momentum heading into Cleveland's game next Sunday with 3-2 on our4 minds and right into the thick of things.

I'm happy my 2017 season isn't over before it started (as all the experts predicted)...

Dom, Footballgod214, nicg4360 and 4 others like this.
  2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is I'm not going to root for a tank job when all the top qb's have serious questions surrounding them.... I'd be more inclined to,take Barkley than any of these qb's at the moment

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

3. BLottZ

BLottZ Member

Great win for the young guys.

hornblower likes this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

You betcha. This could all be so simple - play one of the young QBs and root for the team to win. No downside either way, and gigantic upside if they actually start winning games. Doing this with McCown is completely pointless. That is the mistake Bowles or McCagnan is making.

5. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

Very nice post, agree 1000%. Especially your point about Bowles and this coaching staff. You want your team to play hard no matter what each week - they have done that this season. Credit to Bowles and his staff.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Unless they want to play Mcown until the system is not so new to everyone and then Petty comes in. He will be the greenest part of the system as opposed to everyone making mistakes which won't allow the team to be productive with any facet of the team.

hwismer likes this.
  7. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

They'll be acceptable to other teams as well, starting with the Jags it seems. And the way this team is managed, we'll draft a QB, get Glennon and sit the draftee the whole season. My point is that we need to prepare for the possibility of the draft not working out very well.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It was iffy, but that's how they're calling it this year. Adams got flagged for less last week.

9. FanSinceBIGShea

Someone called it so presciently before. You're a Jets player and you're busting your ass each down on the field leaving pieces of you out on that field every Sunday. Tomorrow Bowles announces he's changing QB's. A near revolt and riot would occur inside the Jets locker room. Ain't happening. Right now McCown is your best chance to win and you stay the course and let the process play out. McCown is one of the real great stories, a great guy to root for in a sports world featuring players who make the sports landscape look and feel like a cesspool.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Really? Mariota has accomplished jack shit in this league. He looks okay at best. Winston is decent but he isn't winning a Super Bowl any time soon.

As for 2008, other than Matt Ryan, no great QBs were taken. And don't even dare say Flacco. He's not that great and they won the Super Bowl because of defense and receivers doing great jobs.

11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

We've been doing that for 35 years. It's working swell.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

For the jets this all makes perfect sense if mccown is starting to show something. This is how long we would have sat him on the bench after drafting him anyway

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

+1

Let everybody get better in a structure that's competitive, O, D and ST. Not one that's falling apart from bad QB play, and putting pressure on one unit or a few players. Let Petty and Hack continue to observe and get prepared for the time they're called upon. They're obviously trying to build all the players.

There's several guys that are showing development across all positions and units.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Boo fucking hoo wah wah

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I just don't see any evidence that that is the strategy. I absolutely believe that Hackenberg wouldn't be as good as McCown has been, but I find the decision to not play Petty both incomprehensible (since doing so would be in the best interests of the team, and he has shown some ability to play against NFL players) and easily understandable (since Bowles thinks McCown gives him the best chance to win).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. FanSinceBIGShea

Lack of a solid QB has not prevented a SB win the last 35 years...stop it. We've had a few very solid QB's over the years.

17. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Rosen not much better? You obviously haven't watched a down of UCLA football this season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Mariota and Winston are both stars and among the two best young Quarterbacks in football, much better than just "okay" or decent. . And the Jets botched the Matt Ryan situation too, winning meaningless week 17 game.

19. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

We will most likely have a top 5 pick, we only have like 3 more winnable games left on our schedule we will end up somewhere between 4-12 or 5-11,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

lol, the Jets have had 1 decent QB in the last 15 years and he fall apart afte rinjuries. And their SB window in this decade was blown because they were starting one of the worst QBS in the league with Sanchez.