Marshawn Lynch...Where's the Outrage?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Greenday4537, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No offense man I am just asking for help understanding

My family like many Italians,Irish, Jews were all immigrants to this great country we succeeded financially/professionally and bless this country

Lynch and Kapaernic should tour the schools and preach against this neo natzi stuff and all hatred Not sit on their ass.during anthem..this just galvanizes the white hoodies and haters...Most Afr Americans are subject to lot of injustice no doubt by Police Government etc....Trump is also acting like a wimp ...which is scary!

I love sports but practice yoga and meditation for years. I am a child of 60s and 70s ..I like peace

Speaking of schools, 3 cities LA NYC and Chicago now have quiet time (meditation) at 4PM every day at selected Charter Schools

Result? All the conduct problems bullying have gone down and the attendance and grade improvement goes way up (Source The David Lynch Foundation/TM .org)

Perhaps an answer to find our own bliss and leave other people alone

nycarl likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

None taken. You don't think Lynch gives back to his community? Like I mentioned earlier, there are more pressing issues right now then Lynch sitting down.

You like peace? Well so do Lynch and others. Right now, I think your energy should be directed towards the real issues of the world.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Marshawn Lynch's foundation: http://fam1stfamilyfoundation.org/about/

On a new note, Michael Bennett decided to sit out the national anthem also on Saturday night.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the posts here of people that claimed they would "protest the NFL"

5. Greenday4537

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/why-are-nfl-ratings-down.87359/

We have JetsVilma28 saying the protests have driven away tons of people.
    Bellows1 said he's only watch Jets games and no other teams because of it.
    BIG COUNTRY calls people who are against racism whiners and that protesting is bringing ratings down.
    NCJetsfan said it's a big reason ratings are down.
    TNJet said it's a reason why ratings are down.
    red75bronco specifically said he wouldn't watch any game besides the Jets because of it.

So that one's thread where a couple people said they were protesting the NFL and a bunch of others who aren't protesting themselves but still said it was a reason people stopped watching football.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it would help some for Lynch and Kaepernic to do that, but would probably help more if white players like Watt and Rodgers did it. After all, I think most neo-nazis/alt right/bigoted kids get that way from THEIR PARENTS, and probably wouldn't listen that much to the African American players. They might listen to the white ones, but some wouldn't do that.

I think schools need to start teaching civics and morals classes. They probably aren't gonna undo the brainwashing that the kids get at home, but at least they may give the kids something else to think about. Maybe if we started imprisoning the parents for child abuse for teaching hatred and bigotry at home it would stop.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

And now here comes the deflected blame via the media and the uneducated in terms of the hatred and bigotry in the US. They have their excuse now.

8. NCJetsfan

I don't recall saying it was a "big" reason, but if I did, I may have overstated it. I said what I did because I've seen Jets fans here and on other sites say that they've stopped watching and have heard some people out in my community. Thankfully, I haven't heard that many, and in reality, have no clue how many people have stopped watching because of that. I've also heard people say that they've stopped watching because they don't like how the game has changed, how the same teams win all the time, they don't like all the thugs and punks in sports, they think the caliber of play has deteriorated, and because they're too busy with life.

9. Greenday4537

I think a lot of people in general said they'd stop because of protests but were really just talking a big game. The NFL's just been going downhill for years before protesting even started.

Freddy Mondo and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. The Waterboy

Like I said in my first post, there may be one or 2 posters saying they wouldn't watch because of it and that's what you found, 2. I already said in another thread that Kaep's protest was the reason viewership was down but that is going to come more from your casual fan not the type that post here. Besides, the 2 here that said they would only watch the Jets also mentioned a myriad of other reasons.

11. The Waterboy

Except for the fact last year was the first time in about 2 decades viewership was down.

12. Greenday4537

Is there somewhere that actually shows ratings year by year?

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Um, that is at best a slippery slope. As wrong as it may be, you're talking about what people believe. I can't think of anything more unamerican than throwing someone in jail for what they believe. I don't know what the answer is but I know for a fact it's not arresting people for what they teach their children at home.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I agree. I don't know what the answer is, either. I was just throwing something out there. One thing is for certain, parent harm their children when they teach them to hate and teach them to fear others who are different from them, and it could be viewed as a type of abuse. That wouldn't be imprisoning people for what they believe, but rather for what they teach/incite their children to do. Still, I don't think that's the answer.

Education and exposing people to others who are different than them and helping them see that they are basically the same are part of the solution, I believe, but you can't make people learn or make them meet and talk with others, either.

15. The Waterboy

Nielsen ratings

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Kap has little to nothing to do with the NFLs ratings dropping.
    The facts are pretty simple.
    The league took alot of the fun out of the game with the no celebration rules and added commercial breaks.
    The NFL has over saturated the TV market. We now have games on Saturday , Sunday, Monday and Thursday. In fact 2 games on Monday night. The prime time matchups we're terrible.
    Technology has led to more people watching games via streaming. No longer any need to be anchored to your house on the weekends.
    The officiating has been unbearable. How many games have been decided by unbelievably bad calls. This alone drives away the casual viewer.
    Kids. They are more into video games and Netflix, YouTube than anything.The would rather play Grand Theft auto then watch football.
    The other factors that hurt last seasons ratings we're simply other programs that were more interesting. The Presidential debates and the Cubs world series run drew viewers away from the NFL games.
    Unless the league puts a more competitive product on the field, goes back to Sunday and one Monday night game with the exception being the Thanksgiving games, ratings will continue to decline.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

Did all of the reasons you mentioned just start last season? Hardly, some have been around for years. Some of those may have been contributing factors, the election most likely the biggest but there had not been a drop in ratings for 20 years or longer before last year. Saying it was not something that was started last year and blaming it on other factors that have been around for years ignores the fact last year was the first drop in ratings since the 1990's.

Edit: And a poll of people who attended games was taken, the number one reason given for not watching as much televised games was the protests.

BIG COUNTRY likes this.
  18. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Yes polls have shown many people have stopped watching due to protests. Kaepernick has his right to protest the same reason people who watch have the same reason to decide they will no longer watch. The ratings were down big time last year however you seem to believe oh its the commercials as if last year was the first time they began showing them. Face it not everyone agrees with you, yes I know you will call them all racists etc. but whether or not you love kaepernick a lot of other people dont and were sick of seeing the disrespect so they chose not to watch, hence the ratings dropping.

The Waterboy likes this.
  19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I know it's been over 20 years since the NFL had a ratings drop, the 10% drop in 2000 doesn't count by your standards. The presidential election was the largest factor in 2016 by far.
    The league didn't have 2 Monday night games, Thursday night games and Saturday games for years. It's relatively new and the oversaturation is a large cause of the rating drop. The matchups we're shit last year. Most were unwatchable.
    If the People who were polled were so offended, why were they paying all that money to attend games.
    Literally dozens of Players sat, kneeled, raised fist in protest and it was not newsworthy.
    You really think Kap caused the declined in the NFLs ratings?
    I could see if if you were trying to sell me that the 49s ticket sales dropped off as a result, or the 49s games had lower viewership than usual.
    The NFL has been heading for a decline for sometime and it's likely to continue, even with Kap out of the league

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  20. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

There are numerous reasons and we can all agree the game has been going very downhill for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. But the Kaepernick reason played a huge part in it last year.