2017 Jets will be historically bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuffaloPhysco, Jul 21, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Jets spoil the Bills 2017 opener in Buffalo. A nice confidence builder for our young Jets team.

rohirrim665 and LAJet like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Who remembers Buffalobabe? It was something like that. It ran for pages. She was kissing a bowling ball in a bar, and the pre-pubescents ran wild. I say that with kindness, because half of them were 30+. I stayed out of it except to say that if this was a guy, it would've gotten three posts tops.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Im going out on a limb here, but I think the OP sweater would be the perfect match to Rex's decked up Buffalo truck. It would embodie the epythomy of a Buffalo fan. Point of fact, that ungodly sight could really be considered historically bad even by Buffalo standards.
    He could buy it cheap now than Rex is probably sporting a decked up ESPN truck.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Last time the Bills won a playoff game

Your last taste of the postseason was the Music City Miracle in 99!

I'd blackout every Sunday too

5. EAF29

EAF29 Member

Looks like the kind of guy who spends his weekends at the mall looking up escalators. Im sure the pants he's wearing are those bright red and blue Bills pajama pants that went out of style in 88' but are still the rage for 2/3s of the halfwits in Buffalo.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we get the number 1 pick which I doubt anyway he will stay in school another year just like Manning did the last time we had it.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Nice shit post. Would read again. A+++++

xxedge72x likes this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

idk why you guys are so down on this upcoming season..

I think it will be fun as hell to watch our future core be built . I'm not worried about our record one bit... hell, the worse the better.

I wont have any team expectations but a few players I would like to see hit certain milestones:

Leonard Williams: 8-10 sacks. Show the signs of what we will be seeing for years to come.

Jamal Adams: he's a rook, so I just want to see him change the culture of the secondary period. His leadership and alpha mentality played a big part in getting him picked here.. his game speaks for itself. Show us that you're here for business.

Darron Lee : Force some turnovers. I want at least 5 from him this year. He was brought in to be a maniac in the middle of the field. He's shown he can get to the ball, one of the top 3 rookie tacklers and one of the top tacklers on our team last year.

Quincy Enunwa: 10 TD's. Period. We felt he made Marshall a quick and easy cut this summer, he's going to have to show us why. Q has also shown he's more than capable of doing so the way he's been developing at a rapid rate. If his best games came with Fitzpatrick at the helm so far, I'd say sky's the limit with a QB that can match their throw power with Q's blazing speed.

Any QB: Less than 20 INT's please. Please??

Ptflea2, Peebag, Walt White and 2 others like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

'
    Nice post. love it. My sentiments exactly. Add ...may we get to see Hack start sooner than later and see what we have in the youngster. The notion of not seeing Fitz under center is already a plus for me.

hwismer, joe, JetLifeLo and 1 other person like this.
  10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Shit talking from a bills fan a team that will prob be 8-8 and miss the playoffs again thats really no better then 1-15 we are all looking up at the pats

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

2017 @BuffaloPhysco will be historically lame poster.

xxedge72x likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ This. Will be fun watching the young diamonds in the rough emerge. Have hope for but no illusions about Hack and if they go 1-15 and end up with the #1 pick so be it - right now it is what it is...

FJF likes this.
  13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I predict they will, actually.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

@BuffaloPhysco
    The original opener between the two teams:

[​IMG]

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't buy this line that top rated QB's would not want to be a NY Jet. I think any collegiate QB who puts up the numbers and has confidence in his own abilities would thank his lucky stars to be drafted by the Jets. What better market to play football in? NYC, the media capital of the world, would make him an instant celebrity with advertising and endorsement deals galore (see Mark Sanchez.) If the guy has the talent and puts in the work, he will be successful here, or anywhere. Despite what we fans may view as organizational deficiencies, the NY Jets are one of the storied franchises in the league (thanks to Namath and "the guarantee.") Any prospective QB who doesn't want to play here is a fool, and we'd be better off without him anyway.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It's best no to use rational,logical thoughts when responding to @Don

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Just curious, how can a 1-15 team be considered worse than an 0-16 team?

The Bills already are already historically bad. Zero super bowls in how many seasons?

Keep the dream alive buddy. One day your team will make the playoffs again. LOL! Any year now, I swear!! Bills fans are like the crazy "The end is near" guys that preach on the street. They've only been saying that for 2000 years now. But it's coming soon!!!

#57 Sam Hammer, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Technically that poster has been historically lame for quite some time now, and 2017 is simply a number in the dynasty.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I basically agree with you on this for the reasons you listed, but do think there would be some, maybe a lot who wouldn't want to play for the Jets due to the sorry state of their OL. They wouldn't want to get killed. If I were great young QB coming out of college, and the Jets were showing a lot of interest, and they indicated that they were planning to draft me, I think I'd probably tell them that I'd be happy to play for them IF they fix their OL, that I have no intention of playing behind their present OL.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saber rattling from another AFC East basement dweller...dang