2016-17 NBA THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Twolves getting Butler. They're going to be good.

Red Menace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Is Phil Jackson crazy or just stupid.
    Jackson has put Kristaps Porzingis up sale.
    Porzingis is the type of player, barring serious injury, that the Knicks can build the team around.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I guess they keep Rubio after all.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Love the Tatum selection from the Celtics, I wanted Josh Jackson, because he could get to the basket forcefully, we will see how this turns out for Celtics.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea but K.P brought this upon himself by skipping town before the exit meeting.

Front office wise Phil Jackson is doing his due diligence by listening to offers but at the same time Jackson is not stupid, he's asking for a kings ransom while trolling the likes of Boston at the same time. Phil knows K.P's worth and won't settle for anything less than a kings ransom.

With that said I'd literally hate Phil Jackson if he ever traded Porzingis.

And like i called it. There was no way Fox was getting past Sacramento at #5. Just went to the Kings.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I can't imagine having to try to act like I'm excited to go to the Kings.

Red Menace, JetBlue and FJF like this.
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Knicks pick Frank Ntilikina from France.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

hopefully he is better then the last frenchman knicks selected
    [​IMG]

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Frank was the kid i wanted heading into this draft. Has freakish defensive potential as a two way nightmare.

Porzingis (21).
    Hernangomez (23).
    Ntilikina (18).

And all of a sudden N.Y has a nucleus of young talent to build around, including an absolute stud with top 5 NBA potential in Porzingis as the center piece.

I remember when N Y fans were in love with Gallo, Wilson & Mozgov as our 3 younger players. Those same fans should now be estatic about Ntilikina, Hernangomez & Porzingis.

10. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Celtics needed someone who can score and learn everything else... they have enough players good at everything else but can't score

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but these are the Knicks. They fuck these things up. On a related note, if Jackson trades Porzingis to the Celtics that will be the final straw. I will become a Celtics fan.

12. John Lombardo

Favorite part about that pick: The Knicks fans who didn't know KP and booed last year cheer the guy they don't know this year because of how wrong they were.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

How you think every first round pick for the Jets feel?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Frederick Weiss 2?

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

How about getting some one who can get to the basket on pure athleticism? Josh is a freak when it comes down to getting to the basket, it's nice to have a player with a mid range jump shot like Tatum, but how long will it take to developed him on everything else?

I like players who can dominate the paint as that's where the game is won in the long run. Josh would have given them that inside player.

Danny may not be done though, the Celtics still need some veteran players to help the young guys.

JMO

16. 101GangGreen101

Vlade has been a solid drafter for the Kings, he's got that team going in the right direction.

Willie Cauley-Stein
    De'Aaron Fox
    Harry Giles
    Buddy Hield
    Justin Jackson
    Skal Labissiere
    Frank Mason III

I'm liking the Fox / Hield back-court. Skal played really well down the stretch with WCS. I think they got a future for sure, need a star in that lineup though.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Getting a star will be a problem though. Going to Sacramento AND having golden state to deal with? Who is taking that gig?

18. 101GangGreen101

That will be the tough part finding a star that actually wants to go there. Should they create stability within the franchise and players like Fox and Hield show they can play, I can see a high caliber playing talking a shot. They need a star at that small forward position. A great 2 way player.

There's no way to avoid GS, eventually you'll have to face them, but their big men are very quick and versatile. They can need to play better team defense and I think that coaching staff can help.

19. John Lombardo

Josh Jackson is a better prospect in NBA circles compared to Brown, but I think Brown slots in as our athletic/defensive prospect on the team. If we drafted Jackson, I assume Brown would be traded because they are like players.

Tatum is also an all around scorer according to scouts. He can post up, iso, drive to the basket, good fade away, mid range, and his 3 point improved (but still needs improvement). He was heralded as the best offensive prospect among the top 5 prospects, I like that with this group of draftees.... Also wanted Tatum :).

Brown is a good defensive player.... He would also get pulled off the floor for stupid reaches, so his IQ on the D end to me is a little overrated. Luckily, they are correctable.

If they sign Hayward, Crowder is most likely gone and I have no problem with that.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think they were just doing their diligence. He'd be an idiot to NOT at least listen to offers. Porzingis is porzingis, but if you get an offer that way exceeds the value, it may have been worth doing. That's why they were demanding a king's ransom for him. I'm glad they didn't trade him in hindsight, however.