17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Aha. I thought you were in LI. Okay. If you want a cheaper alternative try Redd's. They are right by the Metlife and they have shuttles for any big event at Metlife.

http://www.reddsrestaurant.com/

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I will let them extort the $30 from me,,,,and tailgate in the lot . Might need Ponchos looks like it could rain ugh------ps why had a dome on Metlife who needs it ? God I hate this stadium !

Brook! likes this.
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's weird because obviously this is a dysfunctional situation and on many games recently on stubhub you could get uppers for $6 or lowers for $12, but the cheapest parking pass available was like $85. As a season ticket holder the only money you can make is on parking lol

4. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

Guys, can someone please talk me out of becoming a first-time STH this season? I just got one of those random emails from the Jets, stating there are plenty of 300-Level seats available. This time, it included a link to buy/browse directly: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nyjets/EN/buy/browse.

Upper Deck End Zone seats for $680/each ($68 per game) are sounding pretty good right now. Please someone talk me out of this.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will gladly do that for you. :)

I am planning on becoming a STH myself but this isn't the year to do it. This year's team will be garbage. It is a lost season. We will go 6-10 or 7-9 at best. Most likely worse. Towards end of September you will see Jets tickets on stubhub for 10 cents on the dollar. Wait a year or two. See if the Jets will grab a franchise QB in one of those years. Then spend your money.

This year, stay far away.

Now, if you have a lot of disposable income, $680 isn't that expensive anyway. Go for it. But know that you can get the same seat on stubhub for 10 games for much less than $680.

6. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of losing seasons- plenty of blowouts- I am immune to it at this point.

It really is your preference, I wouldn't give up my tickets for anything. Like I mentioned earlier, I go to games with my Dad so we have built a great tradition. We used to tailgate the old stadium, but not the new stadium. When the Jets win, and thats a big WHEN- all the heart breaks will be worth it.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JETDAN,,,,,,what Brook said also have you read any of these pages theres tons of info that will easily bring you to your senses,,lol ! BTW have you actually sat in those upper end zone seats ? The view of the field is like looking at earth from the space shuttle

JetDan likes this.
  8. GordonGecko

Number 1: Drill it into your head nice and deep that this is a BUYER's market and the Jets ticket office is DESPERATE with a capital D

Number 2: If you're going to be stupid and pay full price for these worthless tickets, wait until close to preseason game #2 because then they'll sell you the same seats for 8 regular season games without the 2 fraudulent preseason games

That being said, why the fuck would you pay $68 for crappy tickets with no view you can get for $10 or less?

#19208 GordonGecko, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. GordonGecko

Still no takers for the $25,000 Coach's Club PSLs, and now the $30,000 club seats in 113 are reduced to $1250 (loool) per seat. And if you thought $240 was cheap for Lowers PSLs, those are now down to $150
    http://www.pslsource.com/buy_new_york_jets_psl/

Can't say this enough but those PSLs are a bad deal at any price. They are indentured servitude to pay at least $1300 for tickets every year you'd never be able to get 50% back on. Eventually the Jets will be good again, but even then you'd be overpaying. They charge $130 for tickets that are worth $100 in a good year

#19209 GordonGecko, May 12, 2017
  10. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been lurking in this thread since its inception. I am in 338, Upper Prime seats. Had 4 seats in the old stadium, but now down to 2. The stadium sucks, I talk about it all the time. There are no special amenities- especially for those in the Upper Deck and we are technically seated out of the old stadium. The only good thing Woody did was not PSL the Upper Deck like the Giants. If that happened- I wouldn't be going to games anymore. I tell people all the time- the Jets can win 10 consecutive super bowls, and I don't think I will ever like Woody for the mess he made with this stadium.

#19210 JetDan, May 12, 2017
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I stayed with my seasons for 36 years because i thought one day we would win the super bowl and that would be the year after I gave them up. Put up with going from Shea to Giants to Home Depot stadium. Crappy coaches, gm's qb's and owners. But i finally realized we are never going to win a super bowl with Woody as our owner, never. He's full of crap about patience. BS on him. He said the same thing after Mr.T was fired. Wait till the stadium is 1/3 empty in early October, never mind December. Wait till the media makes a mockery of our team. Wait till it becomes apparent we have 3 QB's that suck. Wait till the Bills turn around there franchise and the dolphins build on last season. Wait till the Pats win again. Wait till the Giants are a playoff team again. Woody will forget and panic and do something stupid because he's just a rich kid that got lucky and does not no shit about football. One thing you should do is stop waiting for is a Super Bowl. I 'll be sitting home for Jags at Jets when the the 0-3 Jets are playing to a dead stadium with tons of empty seats. F WOODY.

CBG likes this.
  12. snoballz

snoballz Member

I lick my wounds every season when I think of the per ticket cost when I take into consideration the PSL (lower sidelines) and amortize it into the cost... on top of the two pre-season games that I have to carry. This is x 4 seats!!! Yeah, the PSL is to have the pleasure of buying season tickets... it has not been pleasurable.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wholly crap 314 if I did not know better I would think that I had written that !!!!

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

In Woody's world I have moved to the Dark side.... Yeah, I blame you and Woody for my conversion. His fault and your direction.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Well we can all agree we want Woody to sell the team ASAP

16. GordonGecko

All I want is the team to actually play in New York again

17. GordonGecko

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You guys are shooting for those $$$ seats...

I got 50% off my PSL 7 Years ago...Paid it off in the 1st payment. ($2k)
    My seats Have been $125 each. IMO.. I'm happy with my Pricing and my Seats.

The team OTOH...fml

Don't get me wrong, PSL's in a shared stadium are straight BS. but there's the decision,
    Grab a seat and enjoy the team...
    or constantly whine bitch and scream while wasting hours showing why you don't want to spend on a PSL then more hours looking up tickets to each game every week.

I love my research but seriously, time can be better spent.
    ftr, this isn't directed at anyone by at the masses who do this every year...lol

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fair enough Royal. You got 50% off and paid them in one year but you gave Woody 2K that you will never see again. I personally never bitched about the PSL's. Everyone had the option of going upstairs and avoid it so it was not an issue with the stadium. Of course he did not do it for us he did it to make the other seats more important. The bottom line as always said, and Giant fans are the perfect example, if the team was good and we were proud to be a jet fan, then the stadium would not be such an issue. But the product sucks so the stadium seems uglier.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The ticket prices for the opening game starts at $75. Shit I ain't paying anything near that. Just wait I plan on paying that for 2 tickets after we go 0-2. F Woody!!!!