The Dalvin Cook Conundrum

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If this is true, then that runner should be sued for slander and no agent or team should ever deal with him again. I'm about the truth. If Tony is right and there are no longer any character issues with Cook, then I wouldn't have a problem with the Jets taking him. My major objections to him have been character and injuries.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If we get Cook we should cut his coach

3. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Cook in the second with Adams in the first wow Mac would be looking pretty good with 2 potential stars.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Jets don't need a RB. The offense should be rebuilt from the line out. RBs are a dime a dozen these days. Powell has looked great the past two seasons. It's time he gets 20 touches a game and he is a three down back

4jetfans and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's 28. By the time we're ready to make a push he'll be 30. Don't wait to draft his replacement (not his replacement, because he's not a full time starter) if there's a guy now that can be your starter for a decade.

Love Powell, but he's not that guy.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. Forté is 31 and has little tread left. Powell is 28. While I agree that he deserves a bigger share of the workload, if memory serves me correcty, he showed in 2014 that he wears down if over-used. He was fresh at the end of the last two season precisely because he got few touches earlier in the season. 2 RBs are not enough imo. Romar Morris is a scat back.
    IMO the Jets need a legit 3rd RB. They also need a RB with power who can get the tough yardage in the red zone and first downs. I definitely think that they need to add a RB somewhere in the 3rd or 5th rounds. I would love to see them add Samaje Perine in the 3rd or the kid from Wyoming in the 5th if he's there.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets can get one in the later rounds as well. I personally think Cook will be a bust.

4jetfans likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Perine reminds me too much of Shonn Greene. Brian Hill I like a bit too, but to me neither of them come even close to what Cook could bring. Kamara is the happy medium, but he will be gone by the 3rd round and it might be too early to take him in the 2nd.

Edit: if they take Kamara at 39, I'm also ok with the reach. He can be very good.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

RBs are plug and play. Draft one when you need one and the line is good. Powell and fillers are fine for now

4jetfans likes this.
  10. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I don't believe this to be true. McCoy left and Matthews and Sproles aren't filling in like him. You're telling me someone like David Johnson or Laveon Bell doesn't make a difference? Even when D'Angelo has good games its nowhere near Bell.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with this, Laveon Bell is a good example of a RB that was treated like a work mule at Michigan State, and little by little he is starting to show signs of nagging injuries that are keeping him sidelined for multiple games.

12. BroadwayAaron

I don't know how anyone can say that in today's NFL. Maybe five years ago, but times they are a'changin.

Leveon Bell
    Zeke Elliott
    LeSean McCoy
    David Johnson
    Todd Gurley
    Melvin Gordon
    Devonte Freeman

You are going to tell me those guys are a dime a dozen plug and play RBs? Those are difference makers. Cook is a difference maker. Kamara has the potential to be. The other guys are backups to the Cook's and Kamara's of the world.

13. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

Cook is as good as they come. If we pass then he must have had SERIOUS baggage

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Do we know if the "drunk during interviews" thing is legit? Or has it been debunked.

I love the talent, but that is an automatic 'no' from me if I'm a GM.

4jetfans likes this.
  15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

If Lamp is there with Cook, Id take Lamp. If not, I take cook and feel great about it

16. I say at this spot you take a risk on a high talent offensive player w. some risk associated w. him...

Cook/Mixon/Cam Robinson

All 3 are potential building blocks on O

17. I like Lamp from a value perspective as well as his play on the field. But where are the Jets playing him?

He may be able to stay at OT...though more likely at RT rather than left...Shell/Beachum/Lamp...one of em has to go beat Ijalana out

Lamp is best suited for guard or perhaps even Center...I'd like to see the Jets draft him as a Center but who knows if they'll go that route.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

We don't have the luxury to pass on talent. He's there, you take him and coach him.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heres the problem,,,,,if good guys can get laxed and quit after 3 games and be late for team meetings and walkthroughs and practices,,,,,and some peoples alarm clocks just dont go off "its not the end of the world " can you imagine what would happen with ANY PLAYER that has character issues in Uncle Todds Day Camp ? the guy has oceans of talent but our current coach cant handle good kids let alone problem children ,

legler82 likes this.
  20. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I wish I had a Dime for every fan who watched a player say he is a home run hitter and stud. Let me think of one quick Vernon Goldstein