Hypothetical jets vs. bears question... Super Bowl possible?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Its not that we don't love the jets just as much as you, its just that it is harder for others to put such hope on the jets when they have experienced disappointment so many other times.

2. TraGiC

TraGiC New Member

Every Team in the league is beatable....look how close some of the Colts game were...

I don't see the Bears losing this Sunday though

wow

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It's funny to watch how the atmosphere on this board changes from win to loss and vice versa. Last week we had to get rid of Ol' Noodle Arm at all costs, this week were a game away from being superbowl contenders.

I guess a win in New England will do that to you...being Jets fans as we are.

As for the question, the New York Jets are as real as any other team in Pro Football, and always have been.

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Just remember Pittsburgh was not the best team in the AFC last year. Anything can happen. Sunday is going to be great.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I need to see that our pass rush is improved, our running game continues to get better, and our run defense is improved before I say this. That being said, a win against the Bears should give us a guaranteed playoff birth with the way the rest of our schedule lines up.

Also, the biggest game of the year for the Jets that isn't one of our own games will be the game in which Miami hosts New England. If Miami can somehow win that, and we win our remaining two divisional games, we will win the division, assuming we beat Chicago (which I don't think we will).

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I do think that if the Jets manage to beat Chicago this weekend and the Pats lose at Green Bay that the Jets have a real shot at the division title.

That would be an amazing accomplishment and worth the pick in the mid 20's that it brought with it.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

What if the Bears bring in a miniature Ditka for this game? That hurts our chances considerably.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The 2nd half defense was SB calibre. We have not seen that all year. I'm not sure what they did, but I hope it continues. Personally, I think Mangini lit a fire under Sutton's ass in the bye week.

We have to beat the Bears at this point. The Pats lost to Indy, then we handed them their first 2 game losing streak since 2002. That does mean something.

I don't care how we get into the playoffs, just get there. Odds are good we'll get a game against the Chargers, which means I get to Ebay yet another game, and we're 2-0 in games I've seen live out here in Cali. Screw it, time for some optimism. We beat the Pats in their house in crappy conditions.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't care who you are or what you've done, you lose two straight at home and you have questions about your own team.

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. gmalz

gmalz New Member

big difference between taking a team down to the wire, and winning at the
    wire. We are almost, which in bottom line talk means not there yet.
    We have way too many holes to be considered in the elite, like indy, chargers
    etc. Still exciting to watch, and will keep bringing the fans back, but
    everybody knows that at any moment the jets are capable of self-destructing!

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, if the Jets run the table from here on it will be because both the rushing game and the rush D have stabilized dramatically. In that situation they will be legitimate super bowl contenders.

If they win 10 games they're just waiting to get pushed out the door. 11 might get them a round 1 home game but not to the super bowl.

13. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

I'm excited for this game.I don't know if winning this game would make us SB contenders but it would definetly send a message to the rest of the league.

14. Rich Kotite

Rich Kotite New Member

Long time lurker, first time poster. Although I am very excited about Sunday, these are our beloved Jets and the words Super Bowl should not be mentioned in tandem with this team- even if we beat Chicago this weekend. That being said, I have an uncanny feeling about this weekend and my prediction is:

Jets 24
    Bears 17

The Jets are leading at the end of the 3rd Q 21-7, give everyone the usual agida, and hold off Grossman in the final minutes.

*knock on wood*

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I hope your right. I gotta ask though...why Rich Kotite? The name makes me picture the face, and the face reminds me of a dark, dark period in New York Jets History.

16. Rich Kotite

Rich Kotite New Member

It WAS a dark, dark period but I feel as though I became a true Jets fan in that era. Picture this- Freshman year, college, upstate NY, 1996, Bills on TV most sundays, I managed to catch at least 13 games of that 1-15 year on TV- all the while thinking that the Jets were in every game and not that bad of a team.

After that, everything was gravy (well not quite- DEN '98, PITT '04, etc., etc.) :)