A football life,Kevin Greene..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYSackExchange, Mar 11, 2017.

1. NYSackExchange

I gotta say by far this is the best thing the Jets have done thus far this off-season..Watching this iam thinking if he can have an impact with our young guys and mold them into Kevin Greene like type of players we could have somthing special dude was relentless guy was a beast!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NYSackExchange

But iam also kinda drunk and don't know what iam really saying. But seriously guy was a beast.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'll say this. If we can not motivate our players with him, we have no other shot. He is as passionate as they come, the very opposite of TB

#3 LAJet, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    boozer32 and GreenfiendNYJ like this.
  4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

His middle name is Darwin. That's got to motivate you.

Here is some other stuff from the Wiki:

Career notes
    • Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame August 6, 2016.
    • Was a semi-finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.[22]
    • Was a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
    • Is a member of the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, class of 2002.
    • Wore #90 at Auburn and #91 throughout his NFL career.
    • Served as a captain during a 16-year Army Reserve career, drilling at Fort Knox after his professional football season had ended. He also attended (JMOC) Jr. Officer Maintenance Course as well as (TC3) Tank Commander Certification Course at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. He is also a United States Army Paratrooper having attended the United States Army Airborne school at Ft. Benning, Georgia.
    • Spoke at the memorial service for Orange County, California, pastor Charles Obremski with fellow professional athletes Jackie Slater, Jeff Kemp, Tim Salmon, Chuck Finley and others after the minister's 2005 death.
    • In 1995 Greene hit Brett Favre so hard that he caused the quarterback to spit up blood.
    • Was guest on TV game show Wheel of Fortune in 1999.
    • Greene and his wife, Tara, have a son, Gavin, and a daughter, Gabrielle.
    • Appeared on a Pros vs. Joes episode on March 20, 2006 titled "Can You Take a Hit from Kevin Greene?"

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This guy hasnt been a coach on this team for 2 months and I'm suppose to care about his football life episode?When the linebackers look legit I'll watch.

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I must say that Kevin Greene's story is by far one of the better its a football life segments. The guy was a walk on football player that said my will power will out will your will power. Gotta love a guy who doesn't take no for an answer and I'm happy he is teaching our young backers.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I just watched this.

He's got me psyched. Woooo!

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can't wait to see this later tonight. One of my uncles. Lifelong Steelers fan. I grew up around my unc while he raved of Kirkland, Woodson & of course; Kevin Greene. He loved those guys. I as an NYJets fan love, love, love this move of adding Kevin Greene to our LB core. To get his hands Jordan Jenkins & Lorenzo Mauldin? I'm pumped. Greene was an animal on the field.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Jenkins and Mauldin become half the pass rushers that Kevin Greene was, Jets front seven will be killing a lot of QBs this year.

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Fiery, commands respect. Tough. Was a coach in GB for 5 years and that's a great program to be a part of.

Actually it wouldn't shock me to see Greene as a HC eventually.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If he can find a good OC friend, I wouldn't be against this idea. [Actually I like this idea already. He turned Clay Matthews into a beast if anything.]

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea. I just wanna see Mauldin and Jenkins learn improved pass rushing moves while being coached up by Greene.

I personally have some pretty high hopes for Jordan Jenkins as an OLB. As an SEC kid out of Georgia i love his size & strength in which is needed in order to set the edge against the run. Now if he can only take the next step as an outside pass rusher under Greene, i feel this kid could flourish.

I just love the fact we have an All-Time great who's on the verge of coaching these kids up. 3rd All-Time in career sacks. Only Reggie White and Bruce Smith has done it better.

As a franchise who've lacked an outside pass rush for quite some time i feel as if we're blessed to have Greene on our side.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But he is a coach on our team, that is the point, 2 months or two years makes no difference, he is a Jet now, of course the simplest thing would be not to comment if you couldn't give a fuck about his life story.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Jets have lacked a dominant outside pass rusher since dating back to J.Abe. I'm personally pumped just knowing that a HOF great is on the verge of coaching up & working with our LB's while sharing experience, advice & form with the likes of Mauldin & Jenkins.

#14 DefenseWinsChampionships, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just watched 3 clips of his football life. All i can say is. Wow.

Not only is this man 3rd All-Time in sacks but his motivational ability is greatness. It comes from his core. From his heart. And he still has more fun than anyone on the sidelines. Having this dude. Work with our OLB's on a daily basis; is just awesome.

Mauldin & Jenkins have one hell of an opportunity. No excuses for these kids when having the chance to be coached up by this badass.

The more i think about it. The more i love this addition for gang green. I want Greene as my OLB coach. Curtis Martin as my RB coach. Jerry Rice as my WR coach. Rod Woodson as my seconday coach. Joe Montana as my QB coach. Tony Gonzalez as my TE coach. Bruce Smith as my D-Line coach. Man. These guys are the truth.

RPOZ51 and Pags2112 like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He also beat Hall, Nash and X Pac in a six man tag match. If that doesn't get you excited about him I don't know what will.

Aero likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Putting on a green hat does nothing to legitimize his abilities. Let's see some positive results before the canonization, please.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Who canonised anybody ?

It pisses me off when somebody goes on a thread to be negative for negatives sake, it is like starting a food thread with the title Strawberries and the first person to reply says I bloody hate strawberries, don't click on the bloody title and then waste 2 minutes of your life being negative, maybe not quite the same but you know a good enough analogy.

BTW does that apply to the new players, will we get behind them after thanksgiving, once we decide whether they are going to be a long term Jet or do we give them the benefit of the doubt and canonise them in September and maybe string them up by the cassocks in January instead ?

Walt White likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're right. Putting on a green hat does nothing to "legitimize his abilities". But ranking 3rd All-Time in career sacks (only behind Reggie White & Bruce Smith) does.

Anyone who knows anything about Kevin Greene not only knows but also understands his motivation ability. Just go and ask the likes of Dom Capers and Clay Matthews on what type of coaching and motivation "abilities" Kevin Greene has from the sidelines. P.S: It won't fit your agenda here.

To have this type of pass rushing HOF great working alongside of our OLB's is awesome.

Ralebird. Kevin Greene has forgotten more about pass rushing "ability" than you'll EVER KNOW. Just remember that.

OK? Good.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you don't want someone to respond honestly to your strawberry theme, don't post it. Forums are created to debate topics not simply support one side. In the case of football players, coaches and team management why must it all be sunshine, lollipops and roses? Experience has shown it rarely is. Come down to earth, man - face reality!