Pete Prisco Mock Went There

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Mar 30, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

njjets93 likes this.
  2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Prisco should be fired on the spot for printing such nonsense.

DSL97 likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There isn't an "expert" in the business whose opinion is as worthless as Pete Prisco's.

I'm truly shocked that CBS employs him, but at least the put his name on all the links to his "article" so I know not to click on them. He had a radio show in JAX when I used to commute for work tht was even worse. Only took a few listens to never turn on that channel again.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

fake news.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Maybe this will be our move for the next 10 years. Draft a (project) at QB, give him a redshirt year, get beat up by the media, put him on the field year 2...PRAY...REPEAT

BomberJet likes this.
  6. JACKSONVILLE JET

If the Jets take Mahomes with the 6th pick, Mac should get beheaded!

The Dark Knight and BomberJet like this.
  7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's an extremely risky pick for Mac's career considering the current state of the franchise.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

8. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

Mac will never take a QB with the 6th pick. If he does he is saying he totally blew his evaluation of Hack and it was a wasted 2nd round pick. They knew Hack was a project and I expect to see him his year. This mock draft he has two QB going in the first ten picks and OJ Howard at the 20th pick. I do not see this at all. In fact I hope Mac takes Howard with the 6th pick.

BomberJet likes this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Jets drafting 3 QBs in three years , rds 4, 2 &1 !!!??? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing :p

10. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Bomber it does suck but what do you do? Just stick with what we have, now that is not at all funny. When was the last time that had a franchise QB. Maybe Ken O'Brlen, Joe Namath? Yes its been that bad. I say draft one every year until they get lucky. If you go by the law of averages we are overdue, lol.
    I would like to see us move down a couple of spots and pick up an extra pick and maybe get Mahomes at 10-15.

#10 njjets93, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    nicg4360 and BomberJet like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mahomes? So the Jets take a QB at 6 and it is not Watson, Trubisky, or Kizer? That would go over pretty well around the league. Mac might as well just resign if that is the case. And then look for a new job in a completely different field as he would not be hired elsewhere in the NFL.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would bat an eye if Mahomes was the first QB selected, just as if any of the others were 1st QB selected. There isn't any consensus as to the top QB of this class. Really the only consensus is that Mahomes has the most potential, which is the very reason I'd be most excited if he was the pick, ideally
    after a trade down.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't want Mac to take a QB at 6, but if he does, I'd rather it be Mahomes than any of the other 3. I think he has a much higher ceiling than any of them. He's got the best, most accurate arm even with lousy footwork much of the time. The only questions with him are can he read Ds and reign his playmaking in a little so he isn't throwing into coverage. Trubisky is the 2nd best imo and has the 2nd highest ceiling, but doesn't have nearly the experience that Mahomes does, although he probably played vs. a higher level of competition than Mahomes did. Watson has the highest floor, but probably the lowest ceiling. I like Kizer better than I did a week or so ago, but still think he is the 4th best QB out of that group.

If he took Mahomes at 6 and he couldn't start this year, and/or wound up being a long-term project or bust, then yes, Mac's career would be over, but if Mahomes started and played well and proved to be the Jets FQB, then no one would say anything, or they'd have to eat their words, and Mac would look like a genius.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Like many, i have not been on the QB wagon for this draft BUT I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking Mahomes in the event we are able to secure another second round pick this year.....I would NOT take him in round one but if he makes it into round 2 then....

Obviously this would involve a trade or 2 but I can see a situation where the jets roll the dice again - and if u are going to roll it why don't u roll it with the most intriguing QB?? If he makes it out of round 1 then why not take the shot. of course there are probably 6-7 other teams planning the same thing. LOL.

yes another round 2 QB, but this is a bit different scenario.

However, this selection would have NO immediate influence on a possible franchise style QB pick next year in round one. None.

Gut feel is that he wont make it past the lo 20's but u never know.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

They way I look at it, if you draft a QB in this years questionable QB draft , the Jets are going to have a piss-poor record anyway. Going 4-12 or 3-13 may not be unrealistic. So why not wait till 2017 and draft one that many feel is one of the best QB classes to come out since the 2004 that had Manning , Rivers and Roethllsbeger? I hope that this is what Mac is thinking.

No point in picking a high round project-in-the-making QB when you can use it to fix other gigantic holes like CB and safety.

#15 BomberJet, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    nicg4360 likes this.
  16. 73klecko

73klecko Member

I guess this "draft expert" didn't get the memo that the Patriots traded away the 32nd pick for Brandin Cooks.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

"They" say Mahomes has the most upside of any QB in this draft but he is unlikely to even crack the first round.