Josh McCown visiting the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this has nothing to do with what i asked you. are they suppose to sit around and do nothing because they do not have a qb

don't try to veer away from your bitchy little comment

2. FJF

i know what you are saying but, there are plenty of roster spots for 4 qbs to begin training camp. also the only spots i would guarantee are the rookies and hack's. you can get a good enough look to know who to keep out of petty and mccown. first cut downs one of the qbs have to go. then we roll with our 3, next year if we still need a qb, draft one, hack,2nd year qb and petty(if he beat mccown) or some other jag start preseason and the cycle continues

Noam and Pags2112 like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Jets and McCown talking contract after a steak dinner at Del Frisco's in Manhattan, per SNY and the Post

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We basically are doing nothing ..None of the moves we made in free agency will have a positive impact in the next 3 years or more..

5. FJF

well, free agency is a time where teams acquire 26-27 year olds. most signings don't help the teams 3 or more years down the road.thats why spending big this time of year are for the teams that are close to winning.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We went from one fitzpatrick to another

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

2017 Tank Season looking good

Hopefully JM gets benched and we see those kids play...

Jake likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, at least McCown sucks so we should be looking good for a top 5 pick again.

9. BroadwayAaron

Well I think that's partially the goal…

Burnz and Cman68 like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

yeah the roster spot doesn't concern me as much as the division of reps in OTA and TC. I don't think having 4 QBs to start TC is a bad idea, but they would absolutely need to make a quick decision on Petty should they draft another QB.

FJF likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

I think taking a QB in the 3rd round is too early. Those 2 3rd rounders could get us a good DB, TE or RB. 2 of the 3. Peterman might be someone you could get in the end of the 4th and Jerod Evans might have more upside that can be had late. I hope Mac doesn't waste picks this year. He can't afford to.

Pags2112, BomberJet and Freddy Mondo like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are dead wrong. The moves we made to release all the overpaid non productive vets is a move to streamline the roster now for the future. Not overpaying in free agency for near term contributors has a huge impact in future year cap. Trying to build thru the draft in earnest instead of trading picks year after year is also a positive move. Having Fitz, nothing but a glorified middle of the road back up at 15M finally gone is a huge relief and step forward to see what we have with the kids.
    You can not re-build anything at all without some level of tear down first. That is step one. No more band aid
    BS. Mac is now on the clock and the next 2 years of draft choices will dictate his faith.
    The days of massive contracts to Revis ad even Mo Wilks should be things of the past. That and a HC that has not figured out how to change the system to maximize the talent he is given and develop young players. How fucking convenient is to always blame the draft picks for every single problem, Pryor, Lee, Jenkins, Richardson, yet I'll be willing to bet a good CS will do wonders with them.
    Short of finding a FQB at our doorsteps for free not sure what fans were expecting this off season to make them happy

BomberJet and Freddy Mondo like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Why does everyone assume that Petty is the one cut, instead of Hackenberg? Petty has at least shown enough to be a capable backup, if not a starter (which he might yet be), unlike Hack who has shown nothing. For all anyone knows at this point, Petty is far superior to Hack.

14. 101GangGreen101

I don't think all that much of Petty to be honest, never did. Hack hasn't shown anything because he hasn't been given the opportunity, but I think he has far more upside and has a stronger arm. Football IQ is much better as well. If the Jets draft a QB late this year, Petty will be on notice unless Hack shows absolutely nothing.

FJF likes this.
  15. Dibben

Dibben New Member

So McCown has left without a contract... so is it Cutler or another (high draft pick)???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. BroadwayAaron

I'm assuming the QB market is at a standstill til the Romo situation is resolved.

17. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Petty played and was not very good and got injured multiple times. He is on thin ice. Hack has not taken a regular season snap, unless he gets his jaw broken in the locker room I would think he will not be cut until he gets some snaps in an actual game.

18. FJF

the only thing petty has going for him on this board is his name wasn't geno and now he isn't hack. no where else does a 4th rd pick from an air raid college get the kind of love petty gets.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets probably wait until after the draft to make a move here (if at all).

20. FJF

let's hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.