Latest Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Mar 14, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

With the majority of the pre-draft process and free agency in the books I've noticed that mock drafts across the internet have been pretty consistent this week.

1) Myles Garrett
    2) Solomon Thomas
    3) Jamal Adams
    4) Jonathan Allen
    5) Choice of OSU DB

If the top 5 goes according to script then the Jets will have their choice of QB's, the remaining OSU DB, Fournette, OJ Howard, choice of pass rusher (the kid from Temple or Barnett)

From what I see this draft is loaded with CB's, TE's, and RB's. Perhaps the best move is to draft the best pass rusher after Garrett if they aren't sold on Trubisky or Watson.

2. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

The scary thing is we have no idea if Hack can be good. The name people have said is Rogers, and how he sat for 3 years. If they believe in Hack and he needs to still sit, fine. But they better know if he's there or not.

With the above said and the order too.....I would go Forunette.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd go Fournette or Howard or trade down. I wouldn't touch Trubisky with a 20 foot pole. I wasn't that high on Watson anyway, but when I saw the Combine numbers that reflected his lack of arm strength, I lost any interest I had in him. If the Jets take a QB it should be Mahomes or Webb Davis.

RochesterJet and CR8ZMike like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I like Mahomes, and would hate to see him picked before we could get him. That said, if I had more guts, I would consider taking Fournette or Howard at 6, and praying like hell Mahomes drops to us with our 2nd pick. Then I would be looking for an edge rusher, OL, or Safety or CB whichever was BPA, and proceed whittling down that list from there on out.

If Mahomes was gone, I would still proceed with the list as described, but look to grab maybe Webb or the kid from Pitt whose name escapes me right now with maybe the supp. 3rd round pick.

nicg4360 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. CR8ZMike

CR8ZMike Member

You sir. Are knowledgeable:)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Thank you, kindly, and you obviously have good tastes. LOL

7. NCJetsfan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...round-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10

Chad Reuter has 3 WRs going in the top 10 and the Jets taking Lattimore. UGH!!!

He has the Titans getting both Corey Davis and OJ Howard for Mariota. That would be incredible for Mariota and the Titans.

In addition to Lattimore, he has the Jets taking Zay Jones, WR (ECU) in the 2nd round, Roderick Johnson OT (FSU) and Devonte Fields OLB (Louisville) in the 3rd round. I'd pretty much hate that draft and want Mac fired. In this mock, Fournette went to the Jaguars on the #4 pick. OJ Howard fell to the Titans at the #18 pick. He has Hooker going to the Chargers at #7. He has Mahomes going to the Chargers in the 2nd round just ahead of the Jets. He also has both Davis Webb and Nathan Peterman going in the 2nd round after the Jets pick. He has TJ Watt going to the Niners on the 2nd pick of the 2nd round and Obi Melifonwu going to the Browns on the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

If Howard is only rated at #18, I'd want the Jets to take Hooker or trade down in the first. In the second, instead of Jones I think the Jets should take Alvin Kamara (RB), Charles Harris (OLB), Raekwon McMillan (ILB) or Budda Baker. I like Mac taking a tackle, but am not high on Roderick Johnson. In the 3rd round with the Jets 1st pick, I'd rather see them take Jake Butt (TE), Jordan Leggett (TE), Jourdan Lewis (CB), Cameron Sutton (CB), or Chris Godwin (WR).

boozer32 likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I can't imagine 3 WRs in the first 10 picks. He was probably just throwing darts against the wall. If indeed the Jets took Lattimore instead of Howard I would want Macc fired on the spot.

Freddy Mondo, cgrec and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm with you entirely on the things you said here. I'd add that Malik Hooker would be a great pick at 6 as well. Otherwise, agreed.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

couple things......if the jets take a CB at 6 there should be several planes and banners flying above Florham park calling for heads to roll. yes there is good talent at CB but considering the current roster and depth of the draft it is a position that should be addressed later during rounds 3-4. the talent gap from say lattimore to several of the other ranked CB's is not that great so there is no need to blow your load for CB at 6.

no way howard drops to 18...no way unless he has a sapp moment. he may not fall out of the top 10.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

With a month and a half to go I still feel that the plan is build for the future and trade down...that's it. I like him a lot, but I cant let OJ H not falling far enough to sway my opinion.

Once you have those picks (hopefully) find everybody: OL CB OLB TE QB

Lets not forget this team has ZERO

12. NCJetsfan

I totally agree.

I totally agree.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If the Jets don't take him, I have a feeling the Bills will.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont care, unless its Myles Garrett if we draft another fucking defensive player this year in the 1st I will be pissed.

HAYN and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

better prepare the preperation H now cause you will be all kinds of butthurt when when select Malik Hooker at 6 ;). Green Hooker jerseys will surround the stadium in 3 seasons. Oh what's that another pick 6 for HOOKER.

Nesquik likes this.
  16. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

O.J. to the Bills...
    why does that sound familiar?

17. 101GangGreen101

Well you know what they say ...the glove don't fit ...

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  18. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Since the draft is in Philly, they can boo the fact that they're not getting OJ again 40 years later. The good news for Santa Claus is that it's nearly impossible to imagine snow at the draft with the late April start.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just do not want them to pick another player with a history of injury issues

Freddy Mondo and DSL97 like this.
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I don't think any QB will be taken in the top 10. Here is how I see it going right now

1. Browns, Garrett
    2. Niners, Thomas
    3. Bears, Lattimore
    4. Jax, Allen
    5. Tennessee, Hooker

Jets could trade down to 9 with Cincy or 12 with Cleveland. But if they stay at 6 I think it will be Jamal Adams.