New Jet Rumor.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Sign me up for Sheldon for McCarron. Best we'd probably get for Sheldon would be a 3rd rounder at this point. A change of scenery would be good for him an Jets.

The jets could then snag Fournette and focus on oline with next few picks.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Its hard to say because I think Cutler is the better QB, but I also think that Siemien has better body language. We don't know how badly Cutler would affect the locker room.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I just can't see Cousins coming here. The Redskins don't view him as a franchise QB, but, what do the Jets have on their roster to offer? Sheldon Richardson, a first round pick? I just don't know what we would realistically offer the Skins to get him under contract.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would trade Richardson For Mcarron in a ny minute------sign me up

#64 CBG, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Cman68 and xxedge72x like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keep McCarrons, Give me AJ Green!

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I think Cousins signed his $24M offer from the 'Skins

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Is AJ McCarron a franchise QB? No.

Is AJ McCarron a long-term, take you to the SB answer at QB? No.

Screw settling for QBs that will turn a 3-13 team in 2017 into a 5-11 team that's out of the 2018 NFL QB draft sweepstakes. Draft a kid QB in the 2018 draft to go with the 'youth movement' Jets - blow it up this year, get younger, faster and ultimately better. Play Hack and/or Petty if need be. Just no more short-term, patchwork Fitzpatricks or Cutlers or McCarrons, etc.

While I never subscribed to the "tank" school of thought I'm at the end of my rope with the revolving door of shits QBs, 2nd round pick flops, etc.

Select, don't settle in 2018.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've never been a tank fan either but the QB's are coming next year or in 2019 by the latest and the Jets have to get one of them. I just see no other way out that doesn't put us right back on the same old cycle of not quite good enough to terrible and back again.

Cman68, NYJetsO12 and joe like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that was playing on a much better team than the Jets.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Agree completely. It's time to find a QB and Jets fans and Jets Management need to be ready to tank this season for a shot at one of the QB prospects coming out in 2018. Alabama QBs are not successful in the NFL anymore. They played on teams with incredible physical advantages at OL, defense, and the skill positions. McCarron didn't really need to lead the team to wins, just make a few key passes here and there, avoid turnovers, and rely on the talent edge Bama had. Sieman is another Osweiler when he changes teams and the step down in talent from Denver to the current Jets roster is enormous. I'll puke in my mouth if Cutler is signed. There is no QB out there that is a long term answer and picking up a couple of wins is only going to hurt in the long run. Just think, if the Jets hadn't come from behind to win that incredibly meaningless game against the Titans in 2014, Mariotta would be the Jets QB.

Play Smith or Petty and let the chips fall and start building a team the right way.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+One Million

WTG Joe been advocating this for months and liking Br4ds Posts

Rest assured, our 2017 Schedule is murderer's row so our opponents will help us along and our Coach will continue in his perplexing

Ive been on this journey with the Jets since 1968 and believe me it SUXS we have come to this..

2018 here we come!

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and CBG like this.
  12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Siemian or Oswhatever are 2 options if, gotten for the right price, I'd go with as our veteran "bridge" QB.
    Both are young and have shown flashes...who knows what they could turn out to be.

With guys like Cutler or Foles you know what you're getting and it aint pretty...at least with one of the younger guys you have a chance of finding a diamond in the dirt..albeit a slim one.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I wanted him out of Alabama for a reason. He's got solid mechanics, and he has a head. Ya know, something Geno just didn't have/couldn't develop.

The worst part? Idzik could draft both McCarron AND Kevin Norwood [McCarron's security blanket at Alabama] in 2014. Instead he wasted 3 picks on Dexter McDoodoo/Jalen Saunders/Shaq Evans.

Really, 2014 draft could rebuild this team in a hurry. I can't hate that moron Idzik enough.

BamaDoc likes this.
  14. I don't want any patch jobs anymore either..I'd much rather let the youngsters duke it out w. the training wheels off. Let the chips fall where they may. If they fail..well we just keep drafting signal callers until one does.

Where I differ is this "waiting for 2018" thing. There are WAY too many variables in both the team's make up as well as those given prospects course of development to start sitting on our hands waiting for a payday that may not even come to fruition. There is absolutely no reason...w. THIS draft class...the Jets cannot put their big boy scouting hats on & select a QB who is the solution. There is a sector of this Jets fan population that every single year wants to pass on every single QB that is available & seemingly are waiting for "next year's crop" at every turn.Then we either win too many games...those prospects stock falters under the radar or the stars just don't align.It is an endless cycle w. frankly no end means. I'm TIRED of waiting till next year for my QB. Waiting till next year to WIN...is one thing...waiting for the most important position on the field which the entire modern game is centered around? Why even bother watching the team? We really wanna waste yet ANOTHER year waiting for a perceived "sure thing" that likely doesn't even exist?I guess 4.5 decades isn't a long enough drought??

Sure there are better QB classes that come through on a yearly basis. To say that there is not one franchise guy in this entire class is nonsense. There surely will be one...it's time for the Jets scouts/FO to do what their paid to do,buckle down & fix a 50 year disaster. Stop putting off the inevitable and start giving this team an identity. "Waiting" for our savior solves nothing.

westiedog1, NCJetsfan and june19 like this.
  15. june19

june19 Active Member

Typical jets same shit all the time,no wonder they never win anything. I love this team but is getting so frustrated to deal with the same thing every season. Just get a Real QB dammit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

Could McCarron be a franchise QB.......prob not. Could he be a winning QB capable of playoffs or SB? I don't know, he did lead his team back in the 4th quarter of a playoff game until they imploded. Is he better than what we have.....probably, almost surely. If you could get him for Sheldon and let all three compete for starting job.....no brainer. I actually think we might have to sweeten the pot due to the insane values placed on QBs and Sheldons play has not been star level last two years.

17. There really is no perfect solution at this stage short of hitting a home run in this year's draft at the QB position..but that's a massive "IF" and would require the Jets front office to hit on a spot they've flopped on countless times.

At least Mccarron would provide life to a legit 3 way competition between all the youngsters. Petty/Hack/Mccaron. All 3 have different things about their game that you like...all 3 have their shortcomings. None of the 3's possible failure will hamper the team financially...We've got a brand new coordinator who appears to have an open mind schematically. Might as well roll the dice & see if an Alpha can step up.

All 3 are unproven...but all 3 have been given time to develop behind the scenes. All will have the same background in the new system...take off the training wheels..and Let's see who rises to the top. If it fails...no harm no foul.But also no excuses. We release possibly 2 of them for minimal repercussions...keep the 3rd as a back-up & mosey into 2018 hopeful that the QB class is still appearing fruitful.

I'd take this scenario over Cutler,Geno or Kaepernick anyday of the week. I guess the question is...do I like this more than perhaps a trade down in round 1 followed by selecting a guy like Watson/Mahomes/Kizer should he slip? I'm on the fence

Cman68 likes this.
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

McCarron is $690k and a restricted free agent after the season. Would you rather that or $3m to get yet another round of Geno Smith? Sign me up for AJ.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't hate Idzik. People apply for jobs all the time for which they aren't qualified. Woody's the one to blame and despise for hiring Idzik in the first place.

You're right about 2014 draft totally reshaping this team. Following is just a partial list of players Idzik could have possibly taken instead of the ones he did.

First round - instead of Calvin Pryor
    Brandin Cooks, WR
    Clinton Ha-Ha Dix, FS
    Darqueze Dennard, CB
    Jason Verrett, CB
    Deonne Bucannon, SS
    Kelvin Benjamin, WR
    Teddy Bridgewater, QB
    Derek Carr, QB (Edited in)

Second round - instead of Jace Amaro
    Troy Niklaus, TE
    Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB
    Davante Adams, WR
    Jeremy Hill, RB
    Carlos Hyde, RB
    Jack Mewhort, OT
    Allen Robinson, WR
    Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
    Jarvis Landry, WR
    Justin Britt, OT

Third round - instead of Dexter McDougle
    Gabe Jackson, OG
    Louis Nix, NT
    Chris Watt, OG
    Donte Moncrief, WR
    Trai Turner, OG
    Terrance West, RB
    Richard Rogers, TE
    Crockett Gilmore, TE

Fourth round - instead of Jalen Saunders

Bruce Ellington, WR
    Ross Cockrell, CB

Fourth round - instead of Shaq Evans
    Martavis Bryant, WR
    Kevin Norwood, WR
    James White, RB

Fourth round - Instead of Dakota Dozier
    Cameron Fleming, OT
    AJ McCarron, QB (Edited in)

From there downwards, it's pretty much a wash as far as I can tell, but we did get Quincy Enunwa as a 6th round comp pick

#79 NCJetsfan, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Add Derek Carr in round 1, or McCarron in round 4, and I would agree with that list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.