My Dream first 4 picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Devinthedude, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

RD1 Jamal Adams
    RD 2 Corey Davis
    RD3a Joe Mixon
    RD3b Jake Butt

The biggest concern is that davis wont fall to 2nd. Ross killed the 40 which might bump him up over davis to some teams. This would completely infuse the offense with young talent and give the D a leader with all pro potential.

Freddy Mondo and boozer32 like this.
  2. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

GREAT!

Devinthedude likes this.
  3. General Eclectic

General Eclectic New Member

Would love to see this happen. Can't imagine Davis falling to the second though... but then again crazier things have happened on draft night. I'd take Kupp with the second if Davis doesn't fall.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to get Adams. Davis won't fall to the second. Mixon, I wouldn't take at all. He is a thug and has anger issues. Butt is a good prospects, but is coming off a major knee injury and surgery. He may not be ready until some point in TC. The Jets need players who can come in learn the system and contribute immediately, and Butt wouldn't be able to do that, so I wouldn't take him. I'd rather have Howard or Leggett anyway.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Mines would be:
    1) Trade down Mike Williams
    2) Pat Mahomes
    3) Dion Dawkins
    3) Budda Baker
    4) Joe Mixon

6. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Its possible davis falls to the second considering ross bumped up his stock and davis is recovering from injury. The mixon thing happened years ago people grow up he was a dumb 18 yr old kid and has had no issues since. Butt is pretty much eifert and can be had in the late 3rd unlike howard.

7. NCJetsfan

You grow up. I don't like thugs. He got into an incident last summer with a parking lot attendant. I don't care how young he was, you don't punch women!!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Uhm did i upset you somehow? Im 28 i think im pretty grown up btw

9. NCJetsfan

LOL Kid. I'm 62. You don't sound very grown up with a name like Devinthedude and telling other people to grow up because they don't like a football player's character. Some of us have standards and won't sell our souls to win.

10. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

I didnt tell you to grow up or insult you whatsoever unlike what you just did. I said people (such as mixon) grow up as in mature.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hey Devin

Welcome to TGG

At 18 were YOU punching any women?

At 28 are you punching any NOW?

If 18 year olds or 28 year old or 50 year olds for that matter do it...its wrong at ANY age. BTW women can be abusive and it works both ways in my book...

I am sure NC like myself raised kids ...this is not what we would encourage

jmho

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'd avoid Mixon for a different reason than Mixon's character, which frankly none of us truly know. The reason is simply that the Jets have ran a circus atmosphere bringing in players who are celebrities for all the wrong reasons. The team is bigger than any one player, and seeing as how the Jets are blowing it up and essentially starting over, I don't know how you propose to start building a successful new program when the only thing on anyone's mind is whether Mixon is behaving and why the Jets would tolerate having a woman hitter on their roster?

Don't worry about Mixon. Worry about the team. Take away the distractions. Not drafting Joe Mixon won't cause us to miss out on championships.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

1 - Hooker
    2- Takkarist McKinley
    3- Antonio Garcia
    3- Joe Mixon
    5 - George Kittle

14. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Thank you, ane no i have never punched a woman and never intend to. I just dont think that everything this kid has worked for his entire life should be for nothing because of one terrible incident. People deserve second chances in life. He has an amazing skillset and looks like a clone of leveon bell. To have that caliber of player on the team would help out so much.

#14 Devinthedude, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    BomberJet and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

It looked like you were telling me to grow up. Perhaps if you used punctuation and capitalization like an intelligent grownup, people would better be able to understand what you were trying to say.

BomberJet likes this.
  16. Devinthedude

Devinthedude Member

Looks like im blocking my first person on here. Cheers!

17. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Dream first 4:

Trade down into mid teens for extra 2nd and 4th, then take Corey Davis WR
    Rd 2: Gareon Conley CB & Budda Baker FS
    Rd 3: Bucky Hodges TE & Tyus Bowser EDGE

That to me is an A+ draft that would yield immense dividends in 2 years

18. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

We definitely don't need players that can come in and start right away. We are not winning anything this year picking up discounted injured players is a perfect plan. Do yourself a favor and don't expect winning this year just root for that #1 pick.

I'd love that draft but yeah unless Davis' injury is worse that reported he doesn't fall to the 2nd. Mixon is the best RB in the draft.

Devinthedude likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

No, the Jets aren't going anywhere this year, but I disagree that they don't need players that can come in and start and/or make big contributions almost immediately. Mac has gotten killed by the fans and the media for picks like Lee, Hack, and others who have taken a while to develop. While we don't draft players for just one year, a first round pick and probably a 2nd round pick at most positions should be able to play and make a contribution immediately, and if not start day one, be ready to by mid-season at the latest. With all the holes the Jets have, they need players and to start developing them now, not next year. It would be one thing if Butt was the only decent TE prospect slated to be drafted in the 3rd round. He isn't there's a pretty deep class of TEs in this draft. There are other TEs just as good and better than Butt.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

It really just comes down to how much they like Butt. Huh huh huh huh huh huh

xxedge72x likes this.