JETS Free Agency --- Activity & Predictions in here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Reiff or Beachum.

2. NCJetsfan

Bite your tongue and quit putting stuff like that out there in the universe. LOL

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

In terms of QB I'm going to say we go Cutler or bring back Geno. I can't see Hack and Petty being the only two QB's being on the roster

4. NCJetsfan

Only the expensive part of the market. There are a lot of FA CBs. Early, I wanted to sign Bouye, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought we shouldn't sign any expensive FAs except at LT. I really think Mac should sign an LT (Beachum or Rieff if Whitworth won't sign here), a depth-type OG, a 2nd tier CB, maybe McDougald and a C, and then maybe save the rest for next year.

5. NCJetsfan

I disagree. When the team came out unprepared to play most weeks, that's on the HC. When the team continues to beat itself with mental errors, that's on the HC, especially in the secondary which is supposedly his specialty. When he stuck with Fitz who was sucking and the Jets needed to find out what they had in Petty, he stuck with Fitz, and even when they did play Petty, they didn't help him with the game plan and/or play calling. That's on the HC as well.

I think that I and many of us thought Bowles did well his first year because we so wanted him to, because the team played a weak schedule and Fitz had a career year.

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Cutler is a free agent now...... get ready boys lol

7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's a deep draft in the CB department, don't be too worried about that position.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

this organization will never fucking learn. Jay Cutler is the ultimate Woody Johnson duct tape acquisition. Hello 7-9 for the next 2-3 years.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the list may also end there. LOL. Some of you folks may remember that tannenbaum tried pretty feverishly to draft cutler by trading back into the first round of that draft. cutler met with the jets on more than 1 occasion prior to that.

I give it slightly better than 50/50. not a slam dunk but there is mutual interest. Now where does that leave us?? who knows but it is sure an indictment of petty and hackenberg.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

time to grab some budget guys then. There are plenty of people we can pick up still that won't cost a fortune. bouye is also going to the jags

12. GasedAndConfused

if he's not expensive, we sitll need a 3rd QB anyway you look at it, but i would still make him compete with hack and petty. I don't want him but beggars can't be choosers

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Exact reason I won't watch. What is the point of going 6-10 or 7-9. Be good enough to not get a top two or three pick and not ge the qb we need. I wish Woody would sell.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I just don't understand what we are doing. We all know what the needs are for this team ie...O line, secondary, pass rusher....Gilmore gone, Boye gone, Whitworth gone...we only has a handful of draft picks with tons of needs. They should of been aggressive with Boye and Jefferson...along with a few other players. Nick Perry was not the pass rusher we needed and I am glad he is heading back to the Packers. I would imagine that our goal is to get good young players in here and build up the depth on the team.

15. Bill Belichdouche

then sign Geno. he will be dirt cheap. problem solved.

FJF likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

i think geno wore out his welcome. sometimes a change of scenery can be good for a player. cutler has a much higher ceiling then geno. Cutler has had some really good seasons, geno has not

17. GasedAndConfused

we don't need to hand out huge contracts. we'll have more money next off season to sign more players

18. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

That piece I understand, my thoughts are does this front office, coaching staff, and players want to win...I mean for once in a long time I think that we have a pretty good coaching staff(minus the DC) but the rest is pretty good.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm already getting my noose ready....

So far out of all the QB rumors, I prefer Maccarron. If Cutlers ends up on the Jets, I might have to take the year off.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  20. Bill Belichdouche

Jay Cutler is going to be 34 years old in April, his agent has made it clear that he wants to win.

We just released a bunch of vets including our top receiver and have not made a single noteworthy acquisition, this is not a good fit. Sign a cheap body to be the 3rd QB, I'll take Josh McCown right now.