QB options for next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 73klecko, Jan 3, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I doubt that, Cincy wants a 2nd for McCarron on his own. They aren't gonna be the ones having to sweeten the pot.

2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

seems that way, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I'd prefer getting draft picks in return to build a core of young players then next year add pieces via FA

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Nick Foles is officially a free agent now. Could be a cheap option to compete with Hack and Petty. Fact is we are going to sign a vet so Foles is as good as any of the remaining options and he won't start anywhere else so he should feel comfortable in a mentor/safety valve role.

4. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I'd be ok with Foles as the veteran presence on the team. He is JAG who is no better or worse than Fitzpatrick, and won't cost half as much, probably not even a third as much.

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

While he doesn't really fit from a rebuilding/timeline perspective, I'm not sure the Jets' door is completely shut on Cutler. Aside from Houston, there's no obvious suitor for him. I don't see anybody stepping up to give him a big contract that will close out his career, yet he'll be arguably the most talented QB on the market. He has the Gase connection, and if his price tag falls low enough, i.e. sub-Glennon numbers, I could see Mac rolling the dice.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Cutler might be willing, but the Jets should not be. He's an expensive roadblock, not only to Petty and Hack, but to "winning" a top 3 pick in 2018. If Macc signs him, I'm done.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If there really are no suitors, let him brew for a while. If the market price drops to around $7-8 million, no one is calling and the Jets still don't have a veteran, maybe I'd consider it.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter just tweeted "For now, the list of teams with a potential interest in Jay Cutler starts with ...the New York Jets"

9. BrowningNagle

FTS

fuck that shit

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  10. Big Cat

11. Ahh yes..but enter Sheldon Richardson. I get that he is a problem child entering a contract year..

But now enter the Bengals..who love their DL who are able to both 1 & 2 gap w. size & athleticism to boot..Sheldon Richardson is basically their prototype Franchise DL...you pair him w. Geno Atkins in certain situations & look out. The Bengals have shown in the past that they are willing to tolerate some bullcrap from its players in order to win. This would be a big time move for them.

12. Big Cat

I assume there will come a point where I try to convince myself that I like this but let it be known that I'll be purely bullshitting.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

I'm not as against it because he is better than Fitz and that is something. Also, signing him does not mean he will be an automatic starter. I really think it comes down to him or Geno. I would probably prefer Cutler because the Geno thing has gone on for far too long, too much baggage and I think he needs a new start elsewhere

14. NOVAJET

If you had asked me to name one FA I absolutely would not want for the Jets it would be Cutler. One of my closest friends I see all the time is a huge Bears fan and he would laugh for days if this happened. I'll be cutting holes in a paper bag at that point.

FJF and Freddy Mondo like this.
  15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I officially will not watch the Jets next year if Cutler (Jeff George 2.0 is our qb). Belicheck will have a field day with him. I'd say 2 td and 6 ints in two games. I'd rather have Buttfumble than Cutler. Just say no.

16. NOVAJET

Of course we will be linked to Cutler. We are the last QB needy team and he is the last big named QB. Hopefully our FO feels the same way the fans do.

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

please god, Let Romo go to Denver, Houston gets nervous and leaps at this guy.

this is not what we need right now. We need to be in position for 2018 to take someone who will one day be vastly superior to Jay Cutler.

18. BrowningNagle

NY would eat Cutler alive. At the first sign of trouble he would implode. It would be a terrible move for the future as well as he is not the type of QB I want young players to learn from. his attitude is infectious. infectious in the wrong direction.

The only thing it would do is put Bowles and Mac out of work

almbleamal likes this.
  19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing us sending Richardson to the Cowboys Romo to the Broncos and Simeon to us. I'd do it if we don't get Cutler.

20. grkmanga31

Probably, but its either him, geno, or trade for Trevor Simien