The Dunces Have Elected A Dunce

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by RonPi, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I dont know why Obama left SA off the list. I know the list was created for different reasons though. Its not like Obama was trying to ban all Muslims like what Trump wanted to do.

2. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30...s-no-white-house-paper-trail-trump-president/

"The lack of a paper trail documenting the decision-making process is also troubling, the intelligence official said. For example, under previous administrations, after a principals or deputies meeting of the National Security Council, the discussion, the final agreement, and the recommendations would be written up in what’s called a “summary of conclusions” — or SOC in government-speak.

“Under [President George W. Bush], the National Security Council was quite strict about recording SOCs,” said Matthew Waxman, a law professor at Columbia University who served on Bush’s National Security Council. “There was often a high level of generality, and there may have been some exceptions, but they were carefully crafted.”

These summaries also provided a record to refer back to, especially important if a debate over an issue came up again, including among agencies that needed to implement the conclusions reached.

If someone thought the discussion was mischaracterized, he or she would call for a correction to be issued to set the record straight, said Loren DeJonge Schulman, who previously served in former President Barack Obama’s administration as a senior advisor to National Security Advisor Susan Rice. Schulman is now a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security.

“People took the document seriously,” she said.

During the first week of the Trump administration, there were no SOCs, the intelligence official said. In fact, according to him, there is surprisingly very little paper being generated, and whatever paper there is, the NSC staff is not privy to it. He sees this as a deterioration of transparency and accountability.

“It would worry me if written records of these meeting were eliminated, because they contribute to good governance,” Waxman said."

Ron

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hey i know that.....no doubt these orders should/could have been refined a bit further - but how much further?? it is pretty clear they wanted to throw everything (almost) into the basket up to this point. i think the feeling in the administration is to take it to the utmost legal limit, expect the outcry, and try to organize and reorganize what is already on our soil.

i don't think anyone can argue that we have millions of undocumented, misdocumented, and overdocumented folks amongst us from all over the fukin place. looking at it in a simplistic way - does it make sense to stop the inflow as much as possible to look at those folks already here??

honestly i am having a difficult time with this. on one hand i do agree with a temporary stop from the "hot-bed" areas - but on the other hand there are plenty of good folk trapped in this net, so to say.

we'll see. but i think its going to be pedal to the metal.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

5. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

So the prescription drug prices spiel was bs too.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox..._to_renegotiate_prescription_drug_prices.html

""I'll oppose anything that makes it harder for smaller, younger companies to take the risk of bringing their product to a vibrantly competitive market. That includes price-fixing by the biggest dog in the market, Medicare, which is what's happening. But we can increase competition and bidding wars, big time.

So what I want, we have to get lower prices, we have to get even better innovation and I want you to move your companies back into the United States. And I want you to manufacture in the United States. We're going to be lowering taxes, we're going to be getting rid of regulations that are unnecessary."

So let's see: Trump has gone from arguing that Medicare should be able to use its market power in order to negotiate down prices—it's currently banned from doing so by law—to suggesting that it has already engaged in price-fixing. It sounds like Trump wants to give Medicare an even weaker hand at the table, somehow. Meanwhile, he's promising to deregulate and cut taxes on the industry, which will somehow lead to lower prices for consumers rather than higher profits for producers."

Ron

6. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

His own employees are revolting:

Reports: State officials defy Spicer, send memo opposing travel ban

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317156-state-officials-defy-spicer-rip-travel-ban-report

"A State official told the AP that department leadership received the memo Tuesday, one day after White House press secretary Sean Spicer suggested those opposing Trump’s order should leave their posts.

The AP’s source added they could not tally the exact number of signatures. Reuters later reported that about 900 people had signed the letter, citing a source familiar with the document.

“A policy which closes our doors to over 200 million legitimate travelers in the hopes of preventing a small number of travelers who intend to harm Americans from using the visa system to enter the United States will not achieve its aim of making our country safe,” a draft of the cable reads.

This ban stands in opposition to the core American and constitutional values that we, as federal employees, took an oath to uphold.""

Ron

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You didn't say the word "ban", so you lack credibility.

FJF likes this.
  8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Kellyanne Conartist can get Freddie Douglass from Chicago to make an alternative statement. Rumor has it he voted for Twitler.

10. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO

All I want to know is if the Trump voters here, and everywhere else will stand with us when, not if, the Session run Justice department places little to no importance on religious and racially tinted violence brought about by Trump's words and actions.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

mute likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

They can call it the Regulatory Action Committee Inhibiting Syrian Terrorists (RACIST).

13. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Well Trump apparently put our PM on blast in a phone call and is backing out of a deal made with Obama to do with refugees. No worries fella not like we've been close allies for generations. Everyone in Aus is pretty filthy at the American Government and Trump right now.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

#914 JetsVilma28, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON — President Trump takes medication for three ailments, including a prostate-related drug to promote hair growth, Mr. Trump’s longtime physician, Dr. Harold N. Bornstein, said in a series of recent interviews.

The other drugs are antibiotics to control rosacea, a common skin problem, and a statin for elevated blood cholesterol and lipids.

Dr. Bornstein, who spoke by telephone in four interviews over the past month, also said that Mr. Trump takes a daily baby aspirin to reduce the risk of a heart attack. Over all, he pronounced Mr. Trump healthy and his medical care “as exactly up to date.”

The disclosure that Mr. Trump uses a prostate-related drug to maintain growth of his scalp hair, which has not been publicly known, appears to solve a riddle of why Mr. Trump has a very low level of prostate specific antigen, or PSA, a marker for prostate cancer. Mr. Trump takes a small dose of the drug, finasteride, which lowers PSA levels. Finasteride is marketed as Propecia to treat male-pattern baldness.

Dr. Bornstein said he also took finasteride and credited it for helping maintain his own shoulder-length hair and Mr. Trump’s hair. “He has all his hair,” Dr. Bornstein said. “I have all my hair.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/...ornstein.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He forgot America was one of those countries that banned Jewish immigrants in WWII. He also neglected to mention the cash Trump is making off the Saudis among other countries that actually do support Islamic extremism.

Oh well, I guess Kellyanne should have copyrighted "alternative facts".

17. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Lol there's a guy trolling him in the background.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

18. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/donald-trump-australia/515409/

"The leader of every allied nation on earth is now wondering whether they can trust Trump to have candid conversations, keep sensitive secrets, follow through on American commitments, or simply control himself for longer than a day. And so am I.

This man has proved repeatedly that he cannot master himself.

As a safeguard against a break in judgment or sanity more severe than any we’ve yet seen, Republicans should plan for what exactly happens if Trump loses the faculty to govern. We’re only a week in and he is failing the easiest of tests. Who among us couldn’t have handled a call with Australia better than the man sitting in the Oval Office?"

and >cough<
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ain_gets_salty_with_trump_over_australia.html

Ron

#918 RonPi, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Pres T would be ideal if he wasn't all over Putin's dick. Maybe Pres T can hustle the Putler but I doubt it. We'll likely make the deal with the devil. Trump lifts the sanctions and bring back those diplomots Pres O banned. Putler will send in his guys to die instead of our guys, so in the end it might be worth it.

20. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

https://newrepublic.com/article/140357/donald-trump-no-friend-veterans

"And employment isn’t the only need the hiring freeze will leave unmet. At the VA, Kauffmann said, there are “thousands” of open positions that now will not be filled. “Keeping in mind the devastating impact of PTSD on a generation of veterans? If we can’t staff suicide hotlines this may cost the lives of veterans,” he said. “That’s not hyperbolic. That’s actually true.”"

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.