Thoughts on Malik Hooker?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dom, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

I was just curious what people thought about Hooker?

I think this draft class is significantly better at the top than people are leading on and I think we can really get a great player at 6. I think a realistic pick can be Malik Hooker and I think he'd be great for us.

He is an A+ athlete but also has rare instincts that result in plenty of plays on the ball. He's a ballhawk and you can see that teams are terrified to throw in his direction. I think he would fit perfectly into this defense and would absolutely help with our coverage and forcing turnovers problem. Pairing him with Pryor (who hopefully plays well next year) would be great and give us some great speed to go along with Lee.

I understand the infatuation with Adams as he is a fantastic prospect, but Pryor and him are similar in the sense that they are both better suited to play in the box. Hooker would be a great addition to the team and help us get back to the days where teams feared our defense.

Thoughts?

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to add him, but I'd be shocked if he falls to the Jets at #6. I think he'll go in the top 2-3 picks.

3. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Hooker is clearly the best FS in this draft. His ability to read a QBs eyes and how fast he can make a play on the football when its in the air is second to none. He is a top 5 pick.

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

i would be happy with this pick

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible that he goes that early
    That's my bad. I should have searched before

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we trade down and use pick 10, 12, 14, etc on Hooker I like the pick. At #6 overall not so much.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Is Hooker better than Revis in his prime? And yes, I know Hooker is a Safety and Revis is a CB, but my point is, did the Jets even get to the SB because they had Revis? Will they get to the SB because they have Hooker? Answer for both: No.

Although I'm "all in" on getting a franchise QB or RB first, if we were to pick "D" at #6, it had better be the best edge rusher available because someone who can put heat on the QB makes the entire secondary better, whereas the best DB in the world, while making a difference, does not make the entire pass rush better. On the defensive side of the ball the most "bang for the buck" is a great pass rusher, not a DB.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to ask you to stop making so much sense. The franchise might actually catch on.

westiedog1 and Richiebsweet like this.
  10. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

What if there's no pass rusher worth the No. 6 pick?

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

NYC and Norther NJ don't have enough great Hookers. We could definitely use another one. ;)

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying and I don't want a safety at 6 necessarily either, but that's a terrible way to evaluate a draft pick. It's about getting players that can help you build a team to get to the Super Bowl, not analyzer if one individual player will get you there single handedly.

I'd love for us to get a blue chip edge rusher and Watson in the second. Barnett at 6 and Watson in the second would be awesome.

MoWilkBeast, Nesquik and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I think the Ravens take Ed Reed over Terell Suggs everyday of the week and twice on sundays I would u would i think we all would. I guy who who can literally take the ball away and has limitless range, that to me is better than a pass rush because who else in the league besides the Seahawks (Earl Thomas) has a guy like that. I can't think of any other safety besides him and when he went down this year the Seahawks defense fell apart. They've all missed time here and there over the years and still were the best Defense in football this past decade but finally we see who is this best player of their defense and thats Thomas and when he went down they couldn't make up for his elite play. Id put Thomas a shade below Ed Reed but guys like that, give me guys like that because half of the league has a pass rush barely anyone has players like those and Hooker is that, he's a beast.

IIMeanDeanII, Dom, Matty Jets and 4 others like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bandwagon is already full :)

James Hasty likes this.
  15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Great speed and instincts... A true ball hawk center fielder who can cover a country mile in no time.

IMO hooker is the real deal and i wouldn't shy away from taking him at #6. He's a guy who can change a defense.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Hooker is an even better prospect coming out of college than Leo Williams was. Easily.

I think he is worthy of being the number one pick in this draft, he's that good. He is going to be a stud of healthy. The comparisons to Ed Reed are so similar, you have to watch his tape to truly understand.

I'm not talking highlights either. Watch his games from last year, extremely impressive.

Incredible range, incredible instincts, soft hands, hard nosed tackler, excellent vision, takes amazing angles. He is the complete package.

HardHitta likes this.