WW85'S 2017 NY JET'S MOCK DRAFT (1.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 30, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like the sounds of the kid. My only problem is that I don't want him playing here in Bowles defense. I hope Bowles is fired.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Not feeling the value on the first two picks. Unless we are trading down I think better players will be available at both spots.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Trader Hasty, your mock had my head spinning.:) When I have nothing nice to say I usually don't mention it. I think you undervalued a few players in your draft, Tankersley & Dawkins.

Foster is one of the best defensive players in this draft. Just not a sexy pick like a few of the pass rushers.

Bolles has a lot of potential to be starting NFL LT in a weak OT draft, he could be a late 1st Rd pick.

4. James Hasty

No need to get defensive. It is way too early for anyone to accurately predict where these guys will go in the draft, much less how well they will do 3-5 years out.

There isn't much point to sharing these mock drafts is only positive feedback is given. Kicking around discussions about these players and our needs will help us to make better mocks when the actual draft is much closer.

Both of the players you picked early would be improvements over what we have but some of the guys you didn't pick (especially the pass rushers) have me intrigued. The other players may also be good but I didn't comment on them because I do not know much about them yet.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Reuben Foster is nice i wouldn't mind him at all because he's a true ELITE player on defense, Bolles is someone i would prefer not to touch i also don't like to draft older players because u tend to think they could only get so much better to a certain extent. Kevin King is a guy i love and want at that exact spot in the 3rd round like you have here, great choice.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

WW85 do you see David Harris being on his way out, or could the Jets move D. Lee to accommodate Foster?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Foster reminds me a lot of Keuchly. A lot. So I would not be mad.

With that said, this years draft has a ton of elite prospects in it. Very good star potential depth in this draft.

Most years you have maybe 10-15 at most true studs? I think there is potentially 25-30 players on my list that I consider elite quality players.

Most years I like the idea of trading down. This year I honestly think it is essential to either trade down or use Richardson as trade bait. We would be fortunate to get 2-3 of these guys in the first couple rounds.

Good mock man. I like the picks on the backend. I'm not familiar with the TE prospect in your mock so I'm going to try and find some game footage on him now.

8. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

The fact everyone is saying we will not get Allen means we will have him sitting their with the number 6 spot in the draft. I can only imagine what this board will look like if we do draft the kid.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Bolles just declared. Not sure if he'll be there at pick # 38

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/135765/garett-bolles

I like the top 5 of your picks. I might pick differently, but I wouldn't be the least bit upset if that happened. You actually stole Jon Toth from my upcoming mock. Jonathan Allen raved about the Kentucky O-line during the season and I think nothing speaks louder than compliments from your opponents.

I think we're in a unique spot where the BPA could very well be a position of need as well. At the same time, ------ it means our current team totally sucks.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Harris on the Jets in 2017 is probably 50/50. His cap situation Isn't terrible, just depends if the Jets want to get younger a year in advance at MLB.

Many may disagree with me, but IMO, Lee isn't a ILB and I don't even know if he fits what Bowles looks for in a edge rusher. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee but he doesn't seem to be a good fit in Bowle's defense. I think Lee was drafted to cover the new TEs of the league and infuse speed. Lee is not a pure ILB. Lee did some good things, but at times was out of position and smothered by O-lineman. Foster would the leader on defense with Williams and would change the culture.

I don't always mock players, especially in Rd 1 based on a specific need, I take the BPA with a common sense approach. We have other positions of desperate need, but the value isn't their at #6. Cam Robinson is overrated, and will never be a successful LT in the NFL, he is at best going to be a good RT, so he's not worth the #6 pick. Fournette isn't even my #1 RB, so he shouldn't be considered. I'd draft Cook at #6 in a heartbeat.

I like Adams more than others in this forum, but again, I think it's a little early to draft him at #6. I have some concerns of Hooker only being a one year starter to be drafted at #6, he's a solid player, just like to see more body of work.

The player I really want at #6 is McGlinchey. I know he's leaning to stay in South Bend. I think it's a mistake, he should be a Top 10 pick. I heard some rumors a week ago, he might reconsider declaring. But it looks like he is staying. He has till Jan 15 to change his mind.

#31 WW85, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Freddy Mondo likes this.
  12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd keep Harris another year. thought he looked good this year, and he's still healthy.
    and i agree on Lee. I want to see it, but just haven't yet at least in this D.
    there's no reason not to draft an ILB, but using the 6th overall wouldn't thrill me.

and i totally agree on McGlinchey.
    I've been holding out hope he enters the draft, but haven't seen any interest from Jets fans at least on the boards.
    glad you brought him up, that's my top choice at 6..

13. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I saw film today on Barnett vs Robinson and Robinson looks lost not even first round material

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Robinson is less than average in pass protection. I will give him credit for being a decent run blocker. I agree he's very overrated.

Barnett makes everyone look bad, he's probably the best rusher I've seen in College in the last 4/5 years.

It is very risky drafting an OT with a very high pick, most of them don't pan out.

15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

You think there will be QBs taken before our pick so some elite prospect slides to us?

16. James Hasty

They don't always pan out at LT but usually end up starting on OL.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Not panning out at LT for a top, elite pick is a bad value. I wouldn't want my RT be a top 6 pick, when I drafted him to be a LT.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm sure a QB needy team will reach for a QB, maybe Chicago. The Jets will have a opportunity to draft a very good player at # 6, will they turn out to be an NFL elite player???

19. James Hasty

If I could get an all pro RT for the next 8 years I take him at 6th overall.

20. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I'd take an all pro pass rusher cornerback safety and QB before RT too.