Jets Org Chart dissected..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Taken from today's ESPN.com/newyork

Kinda covers everything we've discussed around here. Sometimes you have to wonder if every now and then, beat writers take a peek at some of our topics! :)

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Garycs

Garycs Member

Not that unusual Quinn has the same deal in Atlanta, Jackson in Cleveland.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this org chart is really not a big deal, there are enough teams with the same structure that i don't understand how it is a topic to discuss..

Jonathan_Vilma and BacktoQueens like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When it comes to other teams, this setup is probably functional. When it comes to the Jets, not so much. We'll see how it plays out on Draft day assuming Bowles has put together a new CS by then.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well, the "traditional" setup hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire for us. if anything, i applaud wj for shaking things up

Jets69 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Some interesting revelations from Cimini regarding Johnson, Pryor, Smith, especially Johnson. Maybe I missed them and am giving Cimini too much credit, but the old Cimini would have written articles about Johnson's unhappiness here, his "disconnect" with Sheldon Richardson, and his brutal player evaluations in staff meetings. Could he possibly be mellowing in his old age? I'm not that surprised that Johnson would have been unhappy here. He's from the Parcells tree...old school, no nonsense, and working for Bowles would have been enough to drive him nuts.

Poor Geno. His chances of catching on with another team for next season were already not good, and now may be impossible. Certainly his chances of competing for a starting job (if they were ever realistic) are nil now.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its completely unfunctional. you have 2 guys that are "equals" that need to do very different things and their leader doesn't know anything about what either of them is trying to do.

if bowels were reporting to mac then mac could say listen this is what we are doing, we are going to work to bolster our roster with younger talented players through the draft and free agency. you may not like that as it may mean we miss the post season but we are here to be here for the next 10 years not the next 10 months.

and suddenly the bs pressure of must win or die is gone, his boss and he are now able to be on the same page, they have an understanding and can work together. with the real understanding htat if you don't do what WE are trying to accomplish I will replace you because I am doing something here.

that is much harder to accomplish in the idiotic way the jets have it set up.

what it shows is distrust in the gm, the guy who should be in charge of what happens with the football team, its players and coach.

which will HURT the jets if they decide to move on from mac, just like the way they handled the tanny/rex/idzik situation I can guarantee you affected the willingness for some guys to come here 2 years ago.

its a clusterfuck and nobody wants to deal with a clusterfuck and an owner who has his head up his ass.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

^^ LOL Pepper Johnson isn't part of the Parcells coaching tree. He may have played for Parcells teams but he was always on a Belichick defense and even followed BB to Cleveland. His first 14 years coaching were under BB in New England, then he went to the Bills for a year and the Jets for two.

Shocker, the Jets DL underperformed for him.

Jets69 likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget the Steelers. They're the model of "unfunctional".

This is a total non-story.

Dierking, FJF, Jets69 and 1 other person like this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its going to become a forum staple. unfunctional!!!

abyzmul likes this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya but its a new excuse for Jets fans, sure beats the stadium, uniforms, owner, OC excuse that's been beaten year in year out, up next it will be because they play on the East coast.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I think with the onset of social media, Cimini is beginning to realize that fans dog the team just as badly as the writers do, if not worse. Thus his shtick doesn't have the same 'oomf' anymore.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I've always thought the loss of Snacks was Macc's biggest mistake. Snacks has just been voted 1st Team All Pro playing with the Giants. Great players like Snacks come along so rarely and then just to let them walk away.....Obviously Bowles has no say in personnel. He would never have let one of his best players walk.