Jets shows on SNY have turned

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jan 6, 2017.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Noticed weeks ago after Casscadden went off on Bowles and the other 2 guys got real quiet and ignored his rant that something was up. After that chad no longer went off and watched everything he said. Since then its been down hill. Even Ray drank the kool-aid. The Jets obviously went to SNY and told them to stop being so negative. On last Tuesday's show they spent the first 15minutes talking about the Buffalo game in glowing terms. I mean it was embarrassing. In the last segment all three bozo's said the Jets could easily be a wild card team and how short it can take to turn a team around barley mentioning our QB situation and making excuses for the coaches time management. It was pathetic. SNY shows, specifically, the postgame was sometimes the highlight of the day. It has not been the same since Adam left, but the last month or so they jumped the shark. So now not only don''t I have a team. all the Jets shows are now an infomercial for the Jets. I am telling you its not my imagination, I waited a month to make this post. Thoughts?

2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I get the hate for no real football coverage for the jets but to be upset that their is a positive tone to their conversations is a strange complaint.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes,,,,EVERYTHING WAS HUNKY DORY at the beginning of that show,,,,,they were not themselves. Maybe they were just happy the season was done but they were no where near as critical as the were early on in the season.....

sec314 likes this.
  4. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

For some reason they do not call out anyone for not hustling, they will talk about mistakes, maybe performance asking what is wrong with who but never call anyone out for dogging it,Revis all year, Marshall the last 12 games.
    They will mention Marshalls drops but not lack of hustle.
    Lucas might be a little gun shy after saying on every show last year pay the man (Wilkerson) I will admit I am sick of his Bill Powell emphasis on the name.

sec314 likes this.
  5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Man, I miss Adam Schein from that show. I even miss Klecko. And I prefer Brian Custer.

sec314 likes this.
  6. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I'm shocked.

[​IMG]

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

You should be happy Paul Dottino doesn't cover the Jets

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

People miss Adam Schein? No way :eek:

Jonas does good imo. Ray sucks at this point.

Jonas with Cascadden and Westhoff wouldn't be half bad. But the show started sucking long before any possible orders from above to cool it. Mainly 'cause of Lucas imo

Donttasemebro likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Really? Asking for objectivity is a strange complaint? These guys are supposed to be talking about reality, not sugar coating a turd. Where has journalism gone when there gets to be an expectation that only the corporate viewpoint is acceptable? There is plenty of room for reporting the news and offering opinions, even if you don't like them.

I'd like to bring back the days when it was expected that in all fields the media was in existence for "Tellin' it like it is."

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Check out the Video with MM and Boomer and Carton (see MM interview thread}

Craig carton was brutal with Mac demanding he "apologize" for this shitstorm

Demanding answers why Hack has not played and even asking him if he thinks Bowles should go or if he is a good coach

blackssmagic likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was going to reply but u said it perfected

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Maybe SNY sees all the negative shit in the press and online about our team and decided to mix it up, give the fans something different.

13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I don't know...maybe it's because the team finally got a win and played really well (in a glorified preseason game but still)

I thought they beat the Jets up pretty good after the Miami and New England disasters late in the year

Maybe a little bit of what you were saying is true

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

When an organization funds a large part of your operation and creates your livelihood you should probably watch what you say.

It'd be like the broadcast team talking about how terrible the pregame show is.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

All I know is the tone of the broadcast changed a few weeks ago and I didn't enjoy the lack of honesty. Not looking for a hack job but geez this coach deserved some major shit for his game management in even the buffalo game. They execused it as a second year coach inexperience. R u kidding me. Anyway there's something called choice n if that's how it's gonna be then I won't watch.

CBG likes this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Old timers will remember Sam Deluca, who told the truth and wasn't a company shill and got fired for it. Dave Jennings was honest also, Ray Lucas is a clown...

ajax, CBG, blackssmagic and 1 other person like this.
  17. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

The SNY Jets show started going downhill once Brian Custer left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They nickel and dimed him out of the job. They undercut the Mets shows also and they have have suffered as well. Bobby Ojeda was much better than Nelson Fiqueroa. They have Gary Applehead and Jonas Schwartz doing the work instead, prolly on the cheap. Ojeda and Custer wouldn't accept their offers, I believe. SNY sucks

#18 Walt White, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I must say I was as equally disappointed as everyone with the SNY panel. The Jets did win and that is normally reason to be happy, but besides that game there really wasn't a happy moment all season? What's even more disappointing is that Mike Westhoff of all people wasn't even real? The Mike Westhoff I know doesn't hold back, he let's you know exactly how bad it is.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I wish the Jets would stop being so negative IN THE WIN COLUMN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk