Jets #1 Need Is Dt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Mar 7, 2006.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I'm not saying it has to be the #4 pick or even a draft pick, but the defense has no chance of enforcing its will and Vilma is just Bobby Houston without a moose in the middle of that line.

With a mammoth in the middle, Robertson returns to form and the Jets DE (whoever they may be) have a chance to reek havoc.

We've got holes to fill on the O-line, but somewhere along the line, the Jets must get themselves a massive nose tackle.

#9 = Ngoti

2. I'm with ya man. An NT takes our D to an elite level. It'd automatically make Vilma and D rob much better players, and let's face it, when our D is at its best, those 2 are the key.

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Need a really fat nose tackle to stop the runs and we will be set.

4. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

5. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

your right I think the NT should come in the Fa maybe M'Keumwe. That 9th pick should be used on Vern Davis

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

not really, I dont know how Jet fans will expect to see the same defense out there without Abraham. Call him flashy call him whatever you want, I guarantee you hes the first player teams gameplan against on our defense. Him leaving will make everything harder on our front 7. hes not god or anything, but when your talking about an "elite" defense, John Abraham is one of those players who alone takes ur d to the next level.

7. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i think we have the linebackers to run a 3-4, Vilma, Barton, Brown (didn't play half bad this season) and hobson (decent). Then sign a big DL like trevor pryce(if we could afford him). Then we would have an excellent 3-4 line, DRob and End, Trevor at DT, and Ellis at DE.

8. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Abe will make some team very happy this year. It's a shame to see him go but it's the right thing for all. I can see us filling his shoes with some young gun over the next 2 years.

9. Abe is/was a great player. But who led our defense last year in the playoffs when we were near our best? D rob and Vilma....and who made that possible? Jason Ferguson.

10. al kickurass

al kickurass New Member

I would love to see us draft Ngata (from Oregon) in the draft. I think he would help our defense the most. He could play in a 4-3 or 3-4. It would be great to have a Stroud, Henderson, Rogers clone on our team - he kind of fits that mold.

We would have a great line with Ellis, Robertson, Ngata and Thomas. For a 3-4, line up Robertson, Ngata and Ellis. This would help us tremendously against the run, which is the main thing to football. You stop the run, you give yourself a good chance to win. The best part is, that it will free up Vilma and enable him to make more plays.

Abraham, is a great player. But we can't commit to him at this time. Just that way it goes. Our defense wasn't that good last year. Resigning him, to have the same D, minus Ty Law does not make sense. We need to try something new.

Of course I am one of the very few on here who wants a NT more than anything.

11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I just can't see Tangini drafting Ngata. I never saw him play but hear that he is an absolute monster... when he wants to be. That right there leaves him outside of the belichek mold. We need tough, smart, motivated players.

12. Dont be so sure. The current Pats NT, Vince Wilfork was the exact same way in college.

13. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. Either way I think we'd be better off signing the DT from Balt and going Offense in the draft.

Yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

This a a need.

And I think we should fill it with Grady Jackson from GB.

15. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I am starting to like this idea more and more. The Vern Davis idea that is. The thing is all i know about him is combine stuff, so it leaves me feeling sketchy. I am going to take a look at his college #'s.

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I agree, we can adress it in the later rounds, as long a he is massive.

We dont need a pass rushing NT just someone who can take on 2 blockers.

17. al kickurass

al kickurass New Member

I wouldn't mind getting Kemoeatu from Balitmore and address our o-line through the draft.

Heck, Pouha might even turn out alright - hard to judge him with what little playing time he received. Maybe Cox will get him going. I simply don't want Reed starting again this year.

I am not a fan of Grady Jackson, he seems to get hurt often. Plus, he is getting up there in age 33.

Also, I never heard about Ngata taking plays off in college. I heard that he was always double and triple teamed. Watson from Michigan apparently was also proned to taking plays off. Moral of the story, taking plays off is bad news and hoping that is never the case from a player on the Jets.

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

draft someone on the 2nd day

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I like Kemoeatu, although I get the feeling he was disappointing up until last year... which was a contract year. Hopefully it was just him developing.

20. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

What does nobody think that Sione Pouha can be out NT? He is what you look for in a protipical NT.