Why is Brandon the scape goat?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Garrison Nauman, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

i understand he had a bad season. He also had no qb.
    Everyone seems to think he should be 100% gone because of all this locker room nonsense when in reality he's the only one that cares. Richardson cancer needs to go.

I just don't understand what I'm missing? He's just preaching about winning and Quincy and others are even complaining about his "delivery" like come one now maybe if any of you all didn't give up all season and had half his mentality we would've won more games.

Everyone is so soft now days. Players complaining about his vocal "delivery" about being passionate and wanting to win. Go find a safe space

Sorry for the vent. Am I way off here?

tbruner12 and chris5533 like this.
  2. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

He wants to come back for free for Christ sakes. The dude just wants to win and I think he should be back 100% if he is down to take a pay cut

NYJetsO12 and tbruner12 like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd get rid of both him AND Richardson..

Marshall managed to cause big riffs with both Revis and Richardson, and who knows who else.
    that's not being a good teammate, even if that is what he thinks he's doing, his outbursts are all mistimed and misguided imo.

the whole TV priority rubs me the wrong way too..

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What'd he do with Revis?

Here's my beef with him: He openly campaigned against the front office in support of Fitz in the off-season when Stevie Wonder could've seen Fitz would revert back to his historically shitty form.

5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Maybe because BOTH Mevi$ and Richardson as well as Mo Wilk tanked it all season. That's calling out lazy ass players for being lazy and they were. I see nothing wrong with a guy holding others accountable.

As for his drops.. he needs to look in the mirror, many of those drops were on key down and distance and very catchable balls. I'm sure the D is pissed because of his poor play and him calling them out but poor play isn't necessarily the same as poor effort like the D gave all year.

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I think the whole fucking team needs to STFU and take a LONG, hard, look in the mirror. Fact is, they gave up on the season - early - and pouted for the next 12 fucking weeks. Bunch of mental pussies. Quitting is a PERSONAL decision, it has nothing to do with anybody but yourself. You can write the name of the players on this team who played hard every game this year on a fucking postage stamp.....and the overwhelming majority of those names will be new ones.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If you call players lazy, you better be performing at optimal level and we didn't see that once from Marshall all year. Also Mo was hurt all yr, can't put him in the same group as Marshall, Sheldon and Revis

8. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

When he should have been helping Petty along he played dead dog like a boss. Followed by a spontaneous disintegration of all the major joints in his body.

How do you spell quit?

Brandon Marshall

NCJetsfan, TonyFtLaud and Chrisiue like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If you call players lazy, you better be performing at optimal level and we didn't see that once from Marshall all year. Also Mo was hurt all yr, can't put him in the same group as Marshall, Sheldon and Revis

TonyFtLaud and Chrisiue like this.
  10. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

He took the Miami game off while being on the field trotting around when he wasn't dropping passes, everyone watching the game noticed except for blind man Bowels. The week after down 27-0 at halftime he after playing the whole first half dropping a couple more passes he decides to give a halftime pep talk.
    No need to ask why just give him the heave ho

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and BacktoQueens like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Marshall gave little to no effort all season. He was the first player to check out on the season. Was a distraction from the off season to week 17. Has created rifts in every locker room he has been in, and is more focused on being a broadcaster than a Reciever. He is not worth the money due, if he wants to come back on a restructured contract for much less $ fine. But even then, Bowles needs to kick him in his ass if /when he gets out of line.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Marshall should not be on the team next season. He can't preach about effort and accountability and then give lackluster effort once his buddy Fitz was benched.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you're off. Perhaps not "way off," but "off." How we say things is important. What we say is also important.

I think he should be gone, but not just for the locker room issues. It's a combination of that, his too many dropped passes and lackadaisical attitude about his dropping passes, and cap space.

Quincy didn't give up. He played hard. Brandon, conversely, did give up and coasted the last several games. He drops way too many passes and just accepts it rather than working to get better. I don't like that attitude at all.

Most importantly, the Jets need cap space. They're not going anywhere next season. Having both Marshall and Decker is a luxury they can't afford. With Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Devin Smith, J. Marshall and maybe a draft pick or FA, they will have a very solid if not very good WR corps. With Powell, Forte, ASJ, and I'm assuming a FA or draft pick TE, they will have plenty of targets for the Jets QBs.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just not worth the cap hit, the critical drops or the drama. Marshall has pretty much run thru his shelf life here. He might think he's still elite, but he lacks elite speed, elite moves or elite results. The time to get younger is NOW!

NYJetsO12 and Section 336 like this.
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He's not the scape goat..if there is one that would have to be Revis. Of course it should be Bowles but he must have pictures.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. june19

june19 Active Member

Richardson and revis got to go and pryor to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. june19

june19 Active Member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Except for one thing - the front office wanted Fitzpatrick back.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Borderline Personality Disorder showed up more times than the pass catcher

Sign for nothing or dirt and tell him to STFU ...but Shoddy Toddy has no clue

Otherwise say CYA

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He hitched his wagon to that horrible QB. He also harped on and on and on about how the Jets should sign Fitz, and when we did sign him and he sucked, he continued saying he should start. I also think that he looked noticeably different when Fitz started versus when Petty or Geno were out there. Think he mentally checked out and it shows in his route running IMO.

Marshall is a nice guy, stands up for a good cause with Project 375, but I wouldn't mind moving on from him especially if we can get a late round pick for him.

LarryAlRalph likes this.