Romo next year maybe??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Dec 31, 2016.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Romo has got a small window given his back issues. Doubtful he would want to come to this disaster waiting to happen. Plus our OL isn't a shadow of what he had in Dallas.

NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't mind him, but he would get killed behind this shitty line

3. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Ugh. So tired of stop-gap/journeyman QB's I wanna throw-up.

I hope he doesn't come here for his personal safety sake. Our O-Line will have him in the ICU

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Tony Romo...that's right I said it. The quickest solution to fixing the team is:
    1. Draft top-tier OT, DB, LB and TEs.
    2. Keep B. Marsh
    3. Get Decker healthy
    4. continue with Quincy's and Robby's breakout.
    5. ...and FINALLY sign the man....Tony Romo with a Richardson trade + restructured contract

Mac needs to get it done. With these pieces, our offense becomes a juggernaut. and if Romo gets hurt...well atleast we gave it a shot. Back to Hackenberg or Petty to develop as they are long-term options.

Let's face it there's no stud QBs in the draft or available in free agency.

SIGN THE MAN. ROMO to the Jets!

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and 3 games into the season, ROMO to IR. Do Tony a solid and pass on him. Let him finish his career somewhere where he stands a chance at the postseason in relatively good health.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Romo is a pipe dream. No way he wants to play here, and Jerry Jones thinks too highly of him to ship Romo to the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It's not happening and not a good fit the more I think about it

I wouldn't mind it but it's just not happening

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Romo has no future in Dallas. If Jones thinks so highly of him, which I agree he does, then he would want to do what's best for Romo, which is to facilitate his transfer to a team where he is needed, and one of those teams is the Jets. Romo has stated that he still thinks he can play at a high level. Given his options, Romo may have little choice as to destination, so it is up to the Jets if they want him. Agree, the health issue is the overriding concern, but he said he feels great now, so who knows? If the Jets can get him and a competent backup (and yes, I think that could be Fitz) as insurance, it may work out.

The way I look at it is the Jets have 4 options at QB:

1. Hackenberg or Petty. Neither one of these guys is the answer to a winning season next year. You'd have to be willing to sacrifice wins in exchange for experience and hope it pays off.

2. Sign a young FA agent QB. There are a few (Foles, Kaepernick, Glennon, Bradford) out there who have won in the past and are young enough to provide a possible franchise QB.

3. Draft a QB in 1st round. Same as No. 1 but with better prospects for winning and long term success.

4. Tony Romo. If you don't like the QB's in this draft or FA's, then this a viable option if you want to put a winning team on the field in 2017. Play Tony until he gets hurt, or, you have the opportunity to draft a blue chipper, which ever comes first.

9. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

You guys that think Romo is coming here just don't get it. Why on earth would he go to a team that can't contend? There are too many teams that are a QB away from a big run (Denver). We aren't one of them. For one second, put yourself in his shoes. There is no way he would come to a team with a crappy O-line. All he has to do is look up footage of Petty getting pummeled over and over again. He's a great QB, but he's not stupid. He can't stay healthy behind the best unit in football, so he won't come here. Even if we grab some O-lineman, it they will have to learn to play together. It takes one minor hit for Romo to be gone for the season. Dumb way to spend your money IMO.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and PickSix like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

westie,

I can't believe that you'd seriously want Fitz back or Romo here! I don't care what moves Mac makes in the offseason, the Jets are not gonna have a winning record next season. That's borderline delusional imo.

The last thing the Jets should do is to sign either Fitz or Romo (or any other older QB). They need to commit to a total rebuild and go with Petty, Hack and another young veteran at QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hell yes. 2008 8-8 New York Jets with a regressed future here we come!

I could see Romo going to Kansas City as a dark horse. Everyone is singing the praises of the Broncos in this acquisition but imagine Andy Reid coaching up Romo and keeping Alex Smith around as the insurance policy.

The only road block is the cap hell they seem to be in. That could be fixed however by getting rid of some veterans like Tampa Hali, Jamaal Charles, etc. in which they've already found replacements for.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No to Romo...old and injury prone

Go get Jimmie G from the Pacheaters

He broke all of Tonys college records and hes a young guy still

Steal the heir apparent to Shady Tom ...theres a thought

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Behind our OL? Make sure he sits out all preseason.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our team is closer than most ppl/fans think. Before the season started the Jets were rated as the most talented roster in the nfl. That was before Decker went down and took Fitzmagic with him, and teams happily doubled Marshall into non-exhistance. And before Macc's huge 'dump Snacks keep Wilk' mistake bit us.

But seriously, outside of the Cowboys (who've spent as many 1st round pics on their top rated o-line as the Jets spent on our d-line), who has a top notch, left to right o-line to offer Romo? No one, that's who. Heck when we played NE I think they had 3 lineman playing their first game ever.

From a competition perspective, Romo knows if he comes here, there isn't any. He's the God day 1. And 2, and 3. No Dak looking over his surgically repaired shoulder. And Romo is more than familiar with the East. Heck, he's lived in Giant Stadium as much as anyone. And when we play Philly the 4th PS game, Romo can make a cameo and get us a quick 14. Romo would lose our 3rd PS game to Eli of course, but oh well. Dak would lose too.

The one shining reason Romo MIGHT come east is the Owner will be 2000 miles away on the other side of the pond. Woody won't even be able to watch the games....they'll be on past his bed time. How refreshing would it be for Romo to NOT be living under the owner's thumb, nose, heal, spys, etc? Think back to 7th grade when your asshole teacher got sick and you had a really cool sub step in. Who could turn THAT down?

Jets are about as good a landing spot as any for Romo. And if it's Romo or Fitz for a year while Hack gets up to speed, then give me Romo.

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. westiedog1

I think there is enough talent on the Jets right now to win with a top QB. I feel that most problems on the Jets right now can be traced to lack of offense. Fix that and I think you have a decent football team. Not saying bringing Romo here is the best option, but I think it is one that can get the Jets at the very least to .500 next season while they either look for, or groom a replacement QB. If you go with Petty or Hackenberg, that means another losing season. I could deal with that, if I thought either of these two guys was a "can't miss" talent, but I don't. I was thinking of Fitz only as a backup period. The players like him and he knows the offense.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Start Petty/Hackenberg for 16 games and hope that one of them actually turns into an NFL QB or that one of the Junior QB's comes out next year for the Jets on the #1 pick if that doesn't happen.

In the latter case can Mac and Bowles if the Jets look as dysfunctional on the way to 14 losses as they did this year on the way to 11.

17. NCJetsfan

Well, that's where we differ. I don't think the Jets have the talent to have a winning season next year, but even if they did, I have no faith that Bowles could put them in a position to succeed and the Jets would actually have a winning season.

Even with having to possibly replace 4/5 of the starting OL, I think the offense is in better shape than the defense. IMO the D is a hot mess. The secondary is awful, and the LB corps is meh. We can't generate any consistent pressure on opposing QBs. With Rodgers back as DC, I don't see the D showing much, if any improvement, even if the Jets draft both a stud pass rusher and CB, or an ILB who can cover TEs and RBs or FS with one of the previous.

18. westiedog1

We do disagree, but I'm happy you're still here to disagree with.:)

19. NCJetsfan

Thanks!!!

20. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Just say Nooooooooooo:confused::confused: